Yamaha R15 V2.0 Gets New Colour Shades in India; Variants, Price Details
By greeshma m | March 22, 2014 5:55 PM EST
Yamaha Motor's concept 250cc motorcycle R25 is displayed at the 43rd Tokyo Motor Show in Tokyo
Yamaha R15 version 2.0, powered by 4 stroke SOHC 4 valve engine, will now be available in India in four shades which include red, invincible black, blue and grid gold. While the red and invincible black comes at a price point of ₹110,003 (ex-showroom Delhi), the racing blue and grid gold is priced at ₹112,924 (ex-showroom Delhi).
"The racing DNA, sporty look and superior technology have been synonymous with the R15 which was graded up to R15 Version 2.0 in 2011. A lot of thought and hardwork had gone into the conceptualization of the R15 and it has been a huge success for the company. As we launch the R15 Version 2.0 in 4 new avatars, we are again very confident that this new introduction will help to keep the customer excitement intact in our flagship motorcycle," said Roy Kurian, Vice President - Sales and Marketing, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd, as quoted by Motoroids.
Currently, Yamaha's Indian portfolio includes Fazer, FZ-S, FZ, SZ-X, SZ-R, SZ-RR, YZF-R15 V 2.0, SS125, YBR 125, YBR 110, Crux, Ray, Ray Z and Alpha Scooters.
Earlier last week, Yamaha India recalled flagship motorcycle, the YZF-R1, to fix a problem with its lead coupler in the headlight. The recall is limited to the YZF-R1, which were manufactured between October 2008 and August 2013 and the company would replace the headlight sub lead in these vehicles. The recall is in accordance with the requirements of the parent company Yamaha Motor.
In February, Yamaha reported a 32.5 percent increase in sales at 42,548 units as against the 32,097 units in the same month last year. The company has also cut the prices of their scooters and bikes in India, following the excise duty reduction announced in the interim budget 2014-15. The quantum of the price cut ranges from ₹1,033 to ₹3,066.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66