50-Year-Old Woman Stabbed to Death in Mumbai Train by Suspected Robber
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | March 22, 2014 5:42 PM EST
A woman, reported to be a vegetable vendor, was allegedly stabbed to death by an unidentified man inside a local train in Mumbai.
The woman, now identified as Panga Andher, boarded the luggage compartment on the Churchgate end of the train at 3:59 am. The incident took place at around 4 am, Vasai Government Railway Police said.
A woman was allegedly stabbed to death by an unidentified man inside a local Train in Mumbai. (Representational Picture: Reuters)
It is reported that as the train moved, an unidentified man entered the compartment who allegedly stabbed the elderly victim on her lower right abdomen and the motorman heard her screams, according to reports.
The train stopped at Vasai railway station, but the suspect managed to jump out and fled towards the east side, Times of India reported.
The woman was rushed to the nearby Ravi hospital, but was declared dead when admitted. Hospital staffs have told media that Andher sustained around three stab wounds. It is also said that the stab was made with a chopper. Police said that the involvement of more than one person cannot be ruled out.
The victim was reportedly on her way to sell vegetables and was to alight at Borivli. Although the motive is not known, the police have said that the initial investigations suggest that it could have been an attempt to rob the victim.
Police have launched a manhunt for the alleged robber.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2