Made For iPhone Starbucks App Flaunts ‘Virtual Tipping’ & ‘Shake-To-Pay’ Options
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 22, 2014 1:13 PM EST
Apple App Store has a Starbucks mobile app with virtual tipping option.
Starbucks 3.0 brings in a visual re-design which follows Apple's flat iOS 7 visual aspect with a clean user interface. The app uses a "Helvetica Neue" font and there is no skeuomorphic graphics to make the app look cluttered and overdone, reports Apple Insider.
A user holding a smartphone
Additionally, there is a new dashboard which houses the following information:
- Most recent transactions and messages
- Current reward points/stars
- Re-deemed rewards
- Awards available to you
- Information on Starbucks Pick of the Week
- Loyalty program: You can share/showcase your reward level milestones to your social followings.
- A feed-history of all your purchases
Starbucks announced a 4 percentage boost in the Mobile payments sphere, which raises the total to 14 percentage of all of Starbucks' U.S. based transactions, according to Techcrunch.
This app also features a digital tipping (a.k.a Virtual Tip Jar) service for U.S. stores. Customers of Starbucks can tip the baristas up to two hours after buying a drink. It is only natural that users would like to tip based on the goodness of their coffee. So it makes more sense to tip after enjoing a cup of pumpkin spiced latte.
The Cool "Shake-to-pay" Option
Last but never the least, the app flaunts a new "shake-to-pay" option which lets the users "shake their iPhone" to get the account bar-code needed for baristas to scan and acknowledge the mobile payment at the register. Apple iPhone users can get this virtual tipping app if they're based out of the U.S.
What about Android Users?
Starbucks says the virtual tipping feature for Android can be expected later this year.
What do you think of this new app? Will you utilize this feature next time you sit down for a latte in Starbucks?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier