Made For iPhone Starbucks App Flaunts ‘Virtual Tipping’ & ‘Shake-To-Pay’ Options
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 22, 2014 1:13 PM EST
Apple App Store has a Starbucks mobile app with virtual tipping option.
Starbucks 3.0 brings in a visual re-design which follows Apple's flat iOS 7 visual aspect with a clean user interface. The app uses a "Helvetica Neue" font and there is no skeuomorphic graphics to make the app look cluttered and overdone, reports Apple Insider.
A user holding a smartphone
Additionally, there is a new dashboard which houses the following information:
- Most recent transactions and messages
- Current reward points/stars
- Re-deemed rewards
- Awards available to you
- Information on Starbucks Pick of the Week
- Loyalty program: You can share/showcase your reward level milestones to your social followings.
- A feed-history of all your purchases
Starbucks announced a 4 percentage boost in the Mobile payments sphere, which raises the total to 14 percentage of all of Starbucks' U.S. based transactions, according to Techcrunch.
This app also features a digital tipping (a.k.a Virtual Tip Jar) service for U.S. stores. Customers of Starbucks can tip the baristas up to two hours after buying a drink. It is only natural that users would like to tip based on the goodness of their coffee. So it makes more sense to tip after enjoing a cup of pumpkin spiced latte.
The Cool "Shake-to-pay" Option
Last but never the least, the app flaunts a new "shake-to-pay" option which lets the users "shake their iPhone" to get the account bar-code needed for baristas to scan and acknowledge the mobile payment at the register. Apple iPhone users can get this virtual tipping app if they're based out of the U.S.
What about Android Users?
Starbucks says the virtual tipping feature for Android can be expected later this year.
What do you think of this new app? Will you utilize this feature next time you sit down for a latte in Starbucks?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports
- Iphone 6 Release Date Fast -Approaching, Reuse and Recycle Program Now in Australia