Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Who Are the People Claiming They Saw the Plane Flying Low, Burning, and Crashing Down
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 22, 2014 1:11 PM EST
There are several people who claim that they saw the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 before it had gone missing. According to CNN, there were three witnesses who claim that they saw the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 flying low, burning, and crashing down on separate occasions. However, their claims have not been confirmed, and even if they have been confirmed, it would take a long time for the authorities to be able to locate the exact site where it allegedly crashed and recover the jetliner.
A woman leaves a messages of support and hope for the passengers of the missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 in central Kuala Lumpur.
Two fishermen who were fishing near the Malaysia-Thailand border around 1:30 am claim that they saw a jetliner flying low. It was about the same time that The Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 lost contact with the air traffic controllers. Fisherman Azid Ibrahim said that he thought the pilot must have gone crazy to fly the jetliner really low because it nearly touched the clouds when it should be flying 35,000 feet. The fishermen reportedly filed a police report. However, Malaysia officials refused to comment on the fishermen's assertions.
A New Zealand native named Mike McKay, who is working at an oil rig in Vietnam, claim that he saw a burning object in the sky and he believes that it was the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370. Mr McKay sent an email to Vietnamese authorities to report his alleged sighting. The Vietnamese authorties reportedly sent search teams to look for the missing jetliner in response to Mr McKay's email but they found nothing, as reported by ABC News.
Fishermen from Indonesia claim that they saw the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 crash around the Malacca Strait the following morning after the jetliner took off in Kuala Lumpur on March 8 at half past midnight. Indonesia news agency Antara reported that a fishermen identified as Hendra saw the plane go down and crashed at 11 am.
Read more of this story on CNN.
Search Update on Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370
Currently, the most significant lead that authorities have right now regarding the fate of the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 are the satellite images believed to be parts of the missing jetliner. The alleged jetliner's debris are located in an isolated area that is on the border in the middle of the southern stretches of the Indian Ocean and the northern edge of the Southern Ocean. The area is approximately 2,500 kilometres southwest of Perth, CBC.ca reported. Authorities are reportedly having a difficult time searching the said area because it is huge, in addition to the weather conditions that make the search even more difficult that it already is.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Image Of An Alien Revealed By US Intelligence Agent Suggests Existence Of Extraterrestrial Life -- Report
- US Police Officers Shoot 12-Year-Old Child ‘By Mistake’
- Woman Charged For Leaving Her Baby in Drain in Australia Needs 'Compassion' Says Social Worker
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- New Zealanders in Australia Consider Moving Back to Home Country For Better Life
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around