iOS 7.1 Best 5 Features for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch: HDR Auto, Siri Languages, New Buttons and Head Gestures
By Ryan Inoyori | March 22, 2014 1:00 PM EST
Enabling HDR Auto
In iOS 7.0, HDR resets each time the camera app is closed but Apple fixed that bug introduced HDR Auto mode on iOS 7.1 for iPhone 5S.
Go to the camera app > Tap on the HDR on or HDR off located at the top screen of the camera > Select HDR Auto. The camera app will save the settings for automatic HDR capture.
Having relationship for Siri can be very difficult from previous iOS versions but in iOS 7 you make Siri work for you instead of the other way around. You can make Siri male or female and even change language to non-English ones such as Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Korean.
Go to Settings > General > Siri > Language option > Select language > Go back > Voice gender.
For head motion controls, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Physical and motor > Switch Control > Switches > Add new switch > Source screen > Camera > Left head movement > Action screen > Siri option.
It will now recognise your head motion moving to the left and pop-up right on the screen for your command.
Do not forget that Siri also support different accents including Australian English, Canadian English, U.S. English and UK English.
Display contrast in iOS 7.1 included some tweaks for fine-tuning the screen of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase contrast. Reduce transparency, Darken colours and Reduce white point are all separate options you can modify.
Apple now enables the disabling of parallax wallpaper effect while keeping the zooming transition animations for apps you open or close.
Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Disable Reduce Motion > Go back to Settings > Wallpapers and brightness > Lock screen wallpaper > Turn off Perspective Zoom.
All iOS version 7 features minimalistic design and UI which complained by many users worldwide but in version 7.1, you can add button shapes for text-only tap targets.
Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Button Shapes.
Switch control on Siri is not perfect yet and require some adjustments on the sensitivity to make the feature accurate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]