iOS 7.1 Best 5 Features for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch: HDR Auto, Siri Languages, New Buttons and Head Gestures
By Ryan Inoyori | March 22, 2014 1:00 PM EST
Enabling HDR Auto
In iOS 7.0, HDR resets each time the camera app is closed but Apple fixed that bug introduced HDR Auto mode on iOS 7.1 for iPhone 5S.
Go to the camera app > Tap on the HDR on or HDR off located at the top screen of the camera > Select HDR Auto. The camera app will save the settings for automatic HDR capture.
Having relationship for Siri can be very difficult from previous iOS versions but in iOS 7 you make Siri work for you instead of the other way around. You can make Siri male or female and even change language to non-English ones such as Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Korean.
Go to Settings > General > Siri > Language option > Select language > Go back > Voice gender.
For head motion controls, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Physical and motor > Switch Control > Switches > Add new switch > Source screen > Camera > Left head movement > Action screen > Siri option.
It will now recognise your head motion moving to the left and pop-up right on the screen for your command.
Do not forget that Siri also support different accents including Australian English, Canadian English, U.S. English and UK English.
Display contrast in iOS 7.1 included some tweaks for fine-tuning the screen of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase contrast. Reduce transparency, Darken colours and Reduce white point are all separate options you can modify.
Apple now enables the disabling of parallax wallpaper effect while keeping the zooming transition animations for apps you open or close.
Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Disable Reduce Motion > Go back to Settings > Wallpapers and brightness > Lock screen wallpaper > Turn off Perspective Zoom.
All iOS version 7 features minimalistic design and UI which complained by many users worldwide but in version 7.1, you can add button shapes for text-only tap targets.
Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Button Shapes.
Switch control on Siri is not perfect yet and require some adjustments on the sensitivity to make the feature accurate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2