iOS 7.1 Best 5 Features for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch: HDR Auto, Siri Languages, New Buttons and Head Gestures
By Ryan Inoyori | March 22, 2014 1:00 PM EST
Enabling HDR Auto
In iOS 7.0, HDR resets each time the camera app is closed but Apple fixed that bug introduced HDR Auto mode on iOS 7.1 for iPhone 5S.
Go to the camera app > Tap on the HDR on or HDR off located at the top screen of the camera > Select HDR Auto. The camera app will save the settings for automatic HDR capture.
Having relationship for Siri can be very difficult from previous iOS versions but in iOS 7 you make Siri work for you instead of the other way around. You can make Siri male or female and even change language to non-English ones such as Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Korean.
Go to Settings > General > Siri > Language option > Select language > Go back > Voice gender.
For head motion controls, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Physical and motor > Switch Control > Switches > Add new switch > Source screen > Camera > Left head movement > Action screen > Siri option.
It will now recognise your head motion moving to the left and pop-up right on the screen for your command.
Do not forget that Siri also support different accents including Australian English, Canadian English, U.S. English and UK English.
Display contrast in iOS 7.1 included some tweaks for fine-tuning the screen of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase contrast. Reduce transparency, Darken colours and Reduce white point are all separate options you can modify.
Apple now enables the disabling of parallax wallpaper effect while keeping the zooming transition animations for apps you open or close.
Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Disable Reduce Motion > Go back to Settings > Wallpapers and brightness > Lock screen wallpaper > Turn off Perspective Zoom.
All iOS version 7 features minimalistic design and UI which complained by many users worldwide but in version 7.1, you can add button shapes for text-only tap targets.
Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Button Shapes.
Switch control on Siri is not perfect yet and require some adjustments on the sensitivity to make the feature accurate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Smartwatches, Chunky Watches, Other Accessories And Tattoos
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?