iOS 7.1 Best 5 Features for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch: HDR Auto, Siri Languages, New Buttons and Head Gestures
By Ryan Inoyori | March 22, 2014 1:00 PM EST
Enabling HDR Auto
In iOS 7.0, HDR resets each time the camera app is closed but Apple fixed that bug introduced HDR Auto mode on iOS 7.1 for iPhone 5S.
Go to the camera app > Tap on the HDR on or HDR off located at the top screen of the camera > Select HDR Auto. The camera app will save the settings for automatic HDR capture.
Having relationship for Siri can be very difficult from previous iOS versions but in iOS 7 you make Siri work for you instead of the other way around. You can make Siri male or female and even change language to non-English ones such as Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Korean.
Go to Settings > General > Siri > Language option > Select language > Go back > Voice gender.
For head motion controls, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Physical and motor > Switch Control > Switches > Add new switch > Source screen > Camera > Left head movement > Action screen > Siri option.
It will now recognise your head motion moving to the left and pop-up right on the screen for your command.
Do not forget that Siri also support different accents including Australian English, Canadian English, U.S. English and UK English.
Display contrast in iOS 7.1 included some tweaks for fine-tuning the screen of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase contrast. Reduce transparency, Darken colours and Reduce white point are all separate options you can modify.
Apple now enables the disabling of parallax wallpaper effect while keeping the zooming transition animations for apps you open or close.
Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Disable Reduce Motion > Go back to Settings > Wallpapers and brightness > Lock screen wallpaper > Turn off Perspective Zoom.
All iOS version 7 features minimalistic design and UI which complained by many users worldwide but in version 7.1, you can add button shapes for text-only tap targets.
Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Button Shapes.
Switch control on Siri is not perfect yet and require some adjustments on the sensitivity to make the feature accurate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales