Apple Inc. No. 1 in Profits Earning $1192 Per Second; Apple Stock Upgraded to 'Strong Buy'
By Reissa Su | March 22, 2014 11:36 AM EST
A woman looks at the screen of her mobile phone in front of an Apple logo outside its store in downtown Shanghai September 10, 2013.
In a note to the investors, Munster said the new low-cost 8 GB iPhone 5C will unlikely bring in more significant upside to the company.
He added Apple's lower-capacity iPhone will unlikely have the same impact in emerging markets like India and China. He called the launch of the 8 GB iPhone 5C as "ultimately irrelevant" for Apple in the June quarter.
Meanwhile, the ISI Group has upgraded Apple stock to a "strong-buy" rating as the firm has a $600 price objective on the stock.
The price upgrade comes after Analyst Brian Blair of Wedge Partners delivery of bad news about the company's Q1 performance.
He said Apple is on its way to a "disastrous" first quarter. According to Blair, Apple may be having a bad first quarter. He warned investors that Apple's stock could crash after the company releases its first quarter earnings. This remains to be seen after the Cupertino tech giant releases official figures for its Q1 FY 2014 earnings report.
Apple Earns $71,523 Per Minute
WorldPay Zinc, a British payment provider, has created a graphic to illustrate how much money Apple Inc, Samsung and other tech companies make every second, hour and a day. It's no secret that Apple has more than $160 billion in cash.
Figures in the graphic were taken by dividing the company's revenue and profits for FY 2013. WorldPay Zinc divided the numbers by second. Apple had earned $37 billion in profits in 2013. If the figure is divided per minute, Apple earned $71,523 per minute in 2013 or $1,192 per second.
But Samsung beats Apple in terms of revenues with $415,132 per minute. The iPhonemaker follows closely with 330,049. In third place is Hewlett-Packard Company with $216,162 while Microsoft moves to fourth place at $150,336 per minute.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up