Apple Inc. No. 1 in Profits Earning $1192 Per Second; Apple Stock Upgraded to 'Strong Buy'
By Reissa Su | March 22, 2014 11:36 AM EST
A woman looks at the screen of her mobile phone in front of an Apple logo outside its store in downtown Shanghai September 10, 2013.
In a note to the investors, Munster said the new low-cost 8 GB iPhone 5C will unlikely bring in more significant upside to the company.
He added Apple's lower-capacity iPhone will unlikely have the same impact in emerging markets like India and China. He called the launch of the 8 GB iPhone 5C as "ultimately irrelevant" for Apple in the June quarter.
Meanwhile, the ISI Group has upgraded Apple stock to a "strong-buy" rating as the firm has a $600 price objective on the stock.
The price upgrade comes after Analyst Brian Blair of Wedge Partners delivery of bad news about the company's Q1 performance.
He said Apple is on its way to a "disastrous" first quarter. According to Blair, Apple may be having a bad first quarter. He warned investors that Apple's stock could crash after the company releases its first quarter earnings. This remains to be seen after the Cupertino tech giant releases official figures for its Q1 FY 2014 earnings report.
Apple Earns $71,523 Per Minute
WorldPay Zinc, a British payment provider, has created a graphic to illustrate how much money Apple Inc, Samsung and other tech companies make every second, hour and a day. It's no secret that Apple has more than $160 billion in cash.
Figures in the graphic were taken by dividing the company's revenue and profits for FY 2013. WorldPay Zinc divided the numbers by second. Apple had earned $37 billion in profits in 2013. If the figure is divided per minute, Apple earned $71,523 per minute in 2013 or $1,192 per second.
But Samsung beats Apple in terms of revenues with $415,132 per minute. The iPhonemaker follows closely with 330,049. In third place is Hewlett-Packard Company with $216,162 while Microsoft moves to fourth place at $150,336 per minute.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display