Amazon Smartphone Featuring Six Cameras To Launch in Summer?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 22, 2014 11:31 AM EST
After its tablet and e-reader, Amazon Kindle may finally launch a new product under its brand. A smartphone reportedly will feature six cameras with few extras not found in other competing brands.
It has been quite some time that the online selling giant has been rumored to join the tight competition of the mobile market. Ming-Chi Kuo, KGI Securities analyst, known for providing accurate analysis in the industry, particularly with Apple's product launches, predicted Amazon US will launch its new brand of smartphone from 3 to 6 months. Kuo noted the Amazon brand phone will use the same hardware it used for Kindle, according to BGR report.
Amazon Web Services is seeing rapid growth in its business with the public sector across the world (Reuters)
Rumors about the Amazon smartphone is not new in the gadget world. In an October 2013 article by CNET, Amazon was reported to be working on two separate smartphones, and one is a handset with a codename "Smith." The handset will come with a 3D interface relying on four different cameras which can track the user's head and eye movements.
Amazon will be integrating its own products with the device. Kuo noted Amazon will start stocking up materials in the Q2 of 2014 for the production. Three hundred to 600 thousand units are forecast for shipment in Q2 while 2 to 3 million for the entire 2014.
Six Cameras: All in One Smartphone
The Amazon phone does not have a name revealed yet, but there are circulating reports about its upcoming features. The most highlighted among its attributes is the 6 built in cameras to support touch-less gesture controls. To cut them down, the two will be the main and rear cameras for basic shooting and video capture, while the other four will be used under a system that supports the gesture controls.
Other features in the Amazon phone's box.
The upcoming Amazon phone will run with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 4.7-inch display, and 2,000 mAh to 2,400 mAh battery capacity. The 13 MP primary camera will be supplied by Sony, while Primax will be the source of the secondary. If reports were true, Amazon's smartphone may be powerful enough to compete with other brands and could satisfy the needs of the most fastidious users.
"Given the highly competitive handset market, Amazon will have to provide users with a unique experience to differentiate its phone from other brands. It would do this by integrating the smartphone with its own services such as e-commerce." Ming-Chi Kuo added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date