Chelsea FC Transfer News: PSG to Lure Blues £38million for Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 22, 2014 4:18 AM EST
Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint Germain are looking to lure Chelsea with £38million to secure the services of out-of-favour defender David Luiz.
PSG is looking to lure Chelsea with £38million for David Luiz
The French side are expected to let go of one of their starting centre-backs, Alex, who only has until the end of June on his contract, while young Brazilian Marquinhos will still need more time and experience to reach his optimum potential.
Meanwhile, Luiz is not getting the usual game time under the watch of Blues boss Jose Mourinho, unimpressed with his ability of protecting the back-line.
The 26-year-old has only been given the starting nod thirteen times in the Premier League this season, experimenting on him to play as a holding midfielder in the latter stages of the ongoing campaign.
While versatility is his asset, it appears that the Brazilian international lacks the degree of toughness that Mourinho is looking for, which can be found in the person of Captain Lionheart John Terry, no less.
Moreover, the signing of Kurt Zouma from Saint Etienne in January suggests that the "Special One" is ready to offload the former Benfica man, yet for a price.
With Luiz looking for a regular starting spot and PSG having the necessary financial strength to back-up their interest, it's just a matter of time before the move will be consummated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]