Chelsea FC Transfer News: PSG to Lure Blues £38million for Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 22, 2014 4:18 AM EST
Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint Germain are looking to lure Chelsea with £38million to secure the services of out-of-favour defender David Luiz.
PSG is looking to lure Chelsea with £38million for David Luiz
The French side are expected to let go of one of their starting centre-backs, Alex, who only has until the end of June on his contract, while young Brazilian Marquinhos will still need more time and experience to reach his optimum potential.
Meanwhile, Luiz is not getting the usual game time under the watch of Blues boss Jose Mourinho, unimpressed with his ability of protecting the back-line.
The 26-year-old has only been given the starting nod thirteen times in the Premier League this season, experimenting on him to play as a holding midfielder in the latter stages of the ongoing campaign.
While versatility is his asset, it appears that the Brazilian international lacks the degree of toughness that Mourinho is looking for, which can be found in the person of Captain Lionheart John Terry, no less.
Moreover, the signing of Kurt Zouma from Saint Etienne in January suggests that the "Special One" is ready to offload the former Benfica man, yet for a price.
With Luiz looking for a regular starting spot and PSG having the necessary financial strength to back-up their interest, it's just a matter of time before the move will be consummated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet