Chelsea FC Transfer News: PSG to Lure Blues £38million for Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 22, 2014 4:18 AM EST
Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint Germain are looking to lure Chelsea with £38million to secure the services of out-of-favour defender David Luiz.
PSG is looking to lure Chelsea with £38million for David Luiz
The French side are expected to let go of one of their starting centre-backs, Alex, who only has until the end of June on his contract, while young Brazilian Marquinhos will still need more time and experience to reach his optimum potential.
Meanwhile, Luiz is not getting the usual game time under the watch of Blues boss Jose Mourinho, unimpressed with his ability of protecting the back-line.
The 26-year-old has only been given the starting nod thirteen times in the Premier League this season, experimenting on him to play as a holding midfielder in the latter stages of the ongoing campaign.
While versatility is his asset, it appears that the Brazilian international lacks the degree of toughness that Mourinho is looking for, which can be found in the person of Captain Lionheart John Terry, no less.
Moreover, the signing of Kurt Zouma from Saint Etienne in January suggests that the "Special One" is ready to offload the former Benfica man, yet for a price.
With Luiz looking for a regular starting spot and PSG having the necessary financial strength to back-up their interest, it's just a matter of time before the move will be consummated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June