'The Voice' Italy: Nun Stuns Audience; Sister Cristina Scuccia's Audition Video Goes Viral [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 22, 2014 2:36 AM EST
Sister Cristina Scuccia stunned not only the audience but also the judges during the blind auditions of "The Voice" Italy, with her powerful rendition of Alicia Keys' "No One".
The 25-year-old got the crowd on their feet the moment she began her spiritual interpretation of Keys' song as three other nuns cheered her in the background. All three judges - Raffaella Carra, Noemi, J-Ax and Piero Pelu - turned their chairs and were visibly surprised to see Sister Cristina belting out the song in her nun's habit.
Screenshot from YouTube
Sister Cristina Scuccia
"I came here because I have a gift and I want to share that gift. I am here to evangelize," said the nun, when asked why she decided to audition for the show. She went on to say jokingly that she hopes Pope Francis calls her after the performance.
Captivated by her powerful voice and performance, rapper J-Ax said: "If I had found you at Mass I would always be in church. You and me are like the devil and holy water." And she chose J-Ax as her coach.
The audition video of Sister Cristina, a member of the Ursuline Sisters of the Holy Family, has gone viral on YouTube, receiving more than three million hits in less than three days.
"I listen to this and still do not believe! Not that that is a nun and a brilliant singer, performing better than the original vertices, wonderful ! Respect from Poland !!" wrote a YouTube user, named Lucky Dambler.
Pinoy Palabas: "You rock, Sour! Love lots from the Philippines!"
Barbara Ricardi: "Beautiful Italians. Wonderful Singing Nun. Love her energy and joy. Simply adorable and inspiring. Congrats and love from Connecticut."
VIDEO: The Voice IT | Serie 2 | Blind 2 | Suor Cristina Scuccia
Keys' "No One" might be a love song but Sister Cristina did spiritual interpretation of the song. Lyrics of the song go like this:
I just want you close
Where you can stay forever
You can be sure
That it will only get better
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's going to be alright
People keep talking they can say what they like
But all I know is everything's going to be alright
No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I'm feeling
No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I feel for you, you, you
Can get in the way of what I feel for you
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories