'The Voice' Italy: Nun Stuns Audience; Sister Cristina Scuccia's Audition Video Goes Viral [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 22, 2014 2:36 AM EST
Sister Cristina Scuccia stunned not only the audience but also the judges during the blind auditions of "The Voice" Italy, with her powerful rendition of Alicia Keys' "No One".
The 25-year-old got the crowd on their feet the moment she began her spiritual interpretation of Keys' song as three other nuns cheered her in the background. All three judges - Raffaella Carra, Noemi, J-Ax and Piero Pelu - turned their chairs and were visibly surprised to see Sister Cristina belting out the song in her nun's habit.
Screenshot from YouTube
Sister Cristina Scuccia
"I came here because I have a gift and I want to share that gift. I am here to evangelize," said the nun, when asked why she decided to audition for the show. She went on to say jokingly that she hopes Pope Francis calls her after the performance.
Captivated by her powerful voice and performance, rapper J-Ax said: "If I had found you at Mass I would always be in church. You and me are like the devil and holy water." And she chose J-Ax as her coach.
The audition video of Sister Cristina, a member of the Ursuline Sisters of the Holy Family, has gone viral on YouTube, receiving more than three million hits in less than three days.
"I listen to this and still do not believe! Not that that is a nun and a brilliant singer, performing better than the original vertices, wonderful ! Respect from Poland !!" wrote a YouTube user, named Lucky Dambler.
Pinoy Palabas: "You rock, Sour! Love lots from the Philippines!"
Barbara Ricardi: "Beautiful Italians. Wonderful Singing Nun. Love her energy and joy. Simply adorable and inspiring. Congrats and love from Connecticut."
VIDEO: The Voice IT | Serie 2 | Blind 2 | Suor Cristina Scuccia
Keys' "No One" might be a love song but Sister Cristina did spiritual interpretation of the song. Lyrics of the song go like this:
I just want you close
Where you can stay forever
You can be sure
That it will only get better
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's going to be alright
People keep talking they can say what they like
But all I know is everything's going to be alright
No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I'm feeling
No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I feel for you, you, you
Can get in the way of what I feel for you
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report