'The Voice' Italy: Nun Stuns Audience; Sister Cristina Scuccia's Audition Video Goes Viral [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 22, 2014 2:36 AM EST
Sister Cristina Scuccia stunned not only the audience but also the judges during the blind auditions of "The Voice" Italy, with her powerful rendition of Alicia Keys' "No One".
The 25-year-old got the crowd on their feet the moment she began her spiritual interpretation of Keys' song as three other nuns cheered her in the background. All three judges - Raffaella Carra, Noemi, J-Ax and Piero Pelu - turned their chairs and were visibly surprised to see Sister Cristina belting out the song in her nun's habit.
Screenshot from YouTube
Sister Cristina Scuccia
"I came here because I have a gift and I want to share that gift. I am here to evangelize," said the nun, when asked why she decided to audition for the show. She went on to say jokingly that she hopes Pope Francis calls her after the performance.
Captivated by her powerful voice and performance, rapper J-Ax said: "If I had found you at Mass I would always be in church. You and me are like the devil and holy water." And she chose J-Ax as her coach.
The audition video of Sister Cristina, a member of the Ursuline Sisters of the Holy Family, has gone viral on YouTube, receiving more than three million hits in less than three days.
"I listen to this and still do not believe! Not that that is a nun and a brilliant singer, performing better than the original vertices, wonderful ! Respect from Poland !!" wrote a YouTube user, named Lucky Dambler.
Pinoy Palabas: "You rock, Sour! Love lots from the Philippines!"
Barbara Ricardi: "Beautiful Italians. Wonderful Singing Nun. Love her energy and joy. Simply adorable and inspiring. Congrats and love from Connecticut."
VIDEO: The Voice IT | Serie 2 | Blind 2 | Suor Cristina Scuccia
Keys' "No One" might be a love song but Sister Cristina did spiritual interpretation of the song. Lyrics of the song go like this:
I just want you close
Where you can stay forever
You can be sure
That it will only get better
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's going to be alright
People keep talking they can say what they like
But all I know is everything's going to be alright
No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I'm feeling
No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I feel for you, you, you
Can get in the way of what I feel for you
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown