'The Voice' Italy: Nun Stuns Audience; Sister Cristina Scuccia's Audition Video Goes Viral [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 22, 2014 2:36 AM EST
Sister Cristina Scuccia stunned not only the audience but also the judges during the blind auditions of "The Voice" Italy, with her powerful rendition of Alicia Keys' "No One".
The 25-year-old got the crowd on their feet the moment she began her spiritual interpretation of Keys' song as three other nuns cheered her in the background. All three judges - Raffaella Carra, Noemi, J-Ax and Piero Pelu - turned their chairs and were visibly surprised to see Sister Cristina belting out the song in her nun's habit.
Screenshot from YouTube
Sister Cristina Scuccia
"I came here because I have a gift and I want to share that gift. I am here to evangelize," said the nun, when asked why she decided to audition for the show. She went on to say jokingly that she hopes Pope Francis calls her after the performance.
Captivated by her powerful voice and performance, rapper J-Ax said: "If I had found you at Mass I would always be in church. You and me are like the devil and holy water." And she chose J-Ax as her coach.
The audition video of Sister Cristina, a member of the Ursuline Sisters of the Holy Family, has gone viral on YouTube, receiving more than three million hits in less than three days.
"I listen to this and still do not believe! Not that that is a nun and a brilliant singer, performing better than the original vertices, wonderful ! Respect from Poland !!" wrote a YouTube user, named Lucky Dambler.
Pinoy Palabas: "You rock, Sour! Love lots from the Philippines!"
Barbara Ricardi: "Beautiful Italians. Wonderful Singing Nun. Love her energy and joy. Simply adorable and inspiring. Congrats and love from Connecticut."
VIDEO: The Voice IT | Serie 2 | Blind 2 | Suor Cristina Scuccia
Keys' "No One" might be a love song but Sister Cristina did spiritual interpretation of the song. Lyrics of the song go like this:
I just want you close
Where you can stay forever
You can be sure
That it will only get better
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's going to be alright
People keep talking they can say what they like
But all I know is everything's going to be alright
No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I'm feeling
No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I feel for you, you, you
Can get in the way of what I feel for you
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best