'The Voice' Italy: Nun Stuns Audience; Sister Cristina Scuccia's Audition Video Goes Viral [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 22, 2014 2:36 AM EST
Sister Cristina Scuccia stunned not only the audience but also the judges during the blind auditions of "The Voice" Italy, with her powerful rendition of Alicia Keys' "No One".
The 25-year-old got the crowd on their feet the moment she began her spiritual interpretation of Keys' song as three other nuns cheered her in the background. All three judges - Raffaella Carra, Noemi, J-Ax and Piero Pelu - turned their chairs and were visibly surprised to see Sister Cristina belting out the song in her nun's habit.
Screenshot from YouTube
Sister Cristina Scuccia
"I came here because I have a gift and I want to share that gift. I am here to evangelize," said the nun, when asked why she decided to audition for the show. She went on to say jokingly that she hopes Pope Francis calls her after the performance.
Captivated by her powerful voice and performance, rapper J-Ax said: "If I had found you at Mass I would always be in church. You and me are like the devil and holy water." And she chose J-Ax as her coach.
The audition video of Sister Cristina, a member of the Ursuline Sisters of the Holy Family, has gone viral on YouTube, receiving more than three million hits in less than three days.
"I listen to this and still do not believe! Not that that is a nun and a brilliant singer, performing better than the original vertices, wonderful ! Respect from Poland !!" wrote a YouTube user, named Lucky Dambler.
Pinoy Palabas: "You rock, Sour! Love lots from the Philippines!"
Barbara Ricardi: "Beautiful Italians. Wonderful Singing Nun. Love her energy and joy. Simply adorable and inspiring. Congrats and love from Connecticut."
VIDEO: The Voice IT | Serie 2 | Blind 2 | Suor Cristina Scuccia
Keys' "No One" might be a love song but Sister Cristina did spiritual interpretation of the song. Lyrics of the song go like this:
I just want you close
Where you can stay forever
You can be sure
That it will only get better
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's going to be alright
People keep talking they can say what they like
But all I know is everything's going to be alright
No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I'm feeling
No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I feel for you, you, you
Can get in the way of what I feel for you
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools