Fiat India Opens Fourth Showroom in Mumbai; Aims 42 Dealerships by 2014 End
By greeshma m | March 22, 2014 1:33 AM EST
Fiat India on Friday opened its first dealership in South Mumbai, taking the total number of their dealerships in Mumbai to four.
A worker adjusts the logo on a new Fiat Punto at a Fiat factory assembly line in the central Serbian town of Kragujevac.
Located at Motilal Oswal Tower, Junction of Gokhale and Sayani Road, Fiat's new showroom Esskay Motors, comprises of 8,500 sqft showroom facility and an 18,000 sqft workshop. The dealership was inaugurated by Nagesh Basavanhalli, President and Managing Director of FIAT Chrysler Automobiles India Operations.
"FIAT India views Mumbai as a very strategic market and the inauguration of an exclusive dealership is in accordance with our strategy to capitalise on this potential. We are confident that our association with Esskay Motors will play a crucial role in identifying the customer base and enhancing customer experience in Mumbai," OverDrive quoted Basavanhalli.
Currently, Fiat has 108 dealerships in India and the company is planning to expand its network to 150 by the end of this year. The new showroom will display Fiat's existing lineup of cars in India, along with the company's upcoming cars. These will include the Abarth 500 and the Punto-based Avventura.
Fiat's recently launched Linea facelift will also join the display at the showroom. In the domestic market, the new Linea comes with a price starting at ₹6.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).The petrol model packs 114PS 1.4 liter turbochaged T-jet engine under the hood, and the diesel model comes with 1.3-litre Multijet diesel motor, which can churn out a power of 93PS and a torque of 209 NM. Both engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
First showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo, Abarth 500 and Avventura are expected to make domestic market entry in the second half of the year. Abarth 500, a performance-oriented car, will come with 1.4-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine and will host luxury features like 11-inch alloy wheels, 7 airbags, ABS, EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution), HBA (Hydraulic Brake Assistance), parking sensors, fog lights and hifi music system.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June