Fiat India Opens Fourth Showroom in Mumbai; Aims 42 Dealerships by 2014 End
By greeshma m | March 22, 2014 1:33 AM EST
Fiat India on Friday opened its first dealership in South Mumbai, taking the total number of their dealerships in Mumbai to four.
A worker adjusts the logo on a new Fiat Punto at a Fiat factory assembly line in the central Serbian town of Kragujevac.
Located at Motilal Oswal Tower, Junction of Gokhale and Sayani Road, Fiat's new showroom Esskay Motors, comprises of 8,500 sqft showroom facility and an 18,000 sqft workshop. The dealership was inaugurated by Nagesh Basavanhalli, President and Managing Director of FIAT Chrysler Automobiles India Operations.
"FIAT India views Mumbai as a very strategic market and the inauguration of an exclusive dealership is in accordance with our strategy to capitalise on this potential. We are confident that our association with Esskay Motors will play a crucial role in identifying the customer base and enhancing customer experience in Mumbai," OverDrive quoted Basavanhalli.
Currently, Fiat has 108 dealerships in India and the company is planning to expand its network to 150 by the end of this year. The new showroom will display Fiat's existing lineup of cars in India, along with the company's upcoming cars. These will include the Abarth 500 and the Punto-based Avventura.
Fiat's recently launched Linea facelift will also join the display at the showroom. In the domestic market, the new Linea comes with a price starting at ₹6.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).The petrol model packs 114PS 1.4 liter turbochaged T-jet engine under the hood, and the diesel model comes with 1.3-litre Multijet diesel motor, which can churn out a power of 93PS and a torque of 209 NM. Both engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
First showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo, Abarth 500 and Avventura are expected to make domestic market entry in the second half of the year. Abarth 500, a performance-oriented car, will come with 1.4-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine and will host luxury features like 11-inch alloy wheels, 7 airbags, ABS, EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution), HBA (Hydraulic Brake Assistance), parking sensors, fog lights and hifi music system.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS