Kurt Cobain’s Death: Seattle Police Re-investigating his Suicide, Releases Never-before-seen Photos
By Aditya Bhat | March 21, 2014 11:46 PM EST
At 27, Kurt Cobain the lead vocalist of Nirvana, an influential grunge music band breathed his last after an apparent suicide in April 1994. 20 years have passed since his death and police had said that the singer had shot himself using a shot gun.
But, Cobain is again in news this time due to the release of the never-before-seen photos and not according to some reports that suggested the reopening of the case. Since Cobain's death, various conspiracy theories evolved on his death.
When his body was found on his house at 171 Lake Washington Boulevard in Seattle, Washington on 8 April 1994, police found a shotgun near his body and a head wound. Investigators had also found the famous suicide note he wrote claiming his love for his daughter and wife, Courtney love.
So if the Seattle police are not re-investigating the case then why is it in news? It is the release of new photos from the scene of death.
The photos were developed by the Seattle police after they found four 35 mm film rolls hidden in the vault. These were later developed with some help and the photos have a green tint to it as it was kept in storage for years, said Kiro TV.
Due to the upcoming 20th anniversary of Cobain's death and media interest, and various conspiracy theories surrounding this case, Seattle police had asked cold-case detective Mike Ciesynski, to review the case.
"We knew with the 20th anniversary coming up and we knew there was going to be a lot of media interest," Ciesynski says, SPD Blotter reported. "I've been a detective in homicide for 20 years and I've been in the cold case unit for 10 years. Most of the cases I work on, I look for something that wasn't done in the investigation in the past."
Among the photos released, one of them is a close up of a cigar box that was found near his body and consisted of heroin paraphernalia. Another photo shows the cigar box, cigarettes, lighter, shades, a small bag and other personal belongings.
Before Cobain shot himself, he injected a fatal dose of heroin, said police investigators. His body was found by an electrician who thought it as a mannequin initially. Among the conspiracy theories about his death, many believe that he was murdered.
He was instrumental in interpreting rock in a new way with his grunge rock. Though Cobain might have been physically dead, his legacy still remains. His song, "Come As You Are" rings in our minds softly.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions