Liverpool FC Transfer News: Barcelona Reconsider Reds Star Defender as Reinforcement
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 21, 2014 11:26 PM EST
La Liga giants FC Barcelona are reported to be reconsidering their interest in signing Liverpool star defender Daniel Agger.
The 29-year-old is seen as a possible reinforcement to Barca's defensive line, which will be losing Carles Puyol to retirement this coming summer.
Liverpool defender Daniel Agger is eyed by Barcelona
He has not enjoyed as much appearances this season because Reds boss Brendan Rodgers opted to rotate the back line, but scouts from the Catalonia outfit are impressed with Agger's capabilities with his imposing 6 ft 3 in frame as well as the dynamics that that he brings with his favoured left-foot.
The Denmark international was pursued by Barcelona in 2012, placing a bid of £17million, which never materialised.
This time, however, they might consider taking extreme measures to fill in the void that will be caused by Puyol's departure, while feeling confident enough that they will be securing the services of an experienced centre-back who has plied his trade long enough in the Champions League and the Premier League.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar