Liverpool FC Transfer News: Barcelona Reconsider Reds Star Defender as Reinforcement
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 21, 2014 11:26 PM EST
La Liga giants FC Barcelona are reported to be reconsidering their interest in signing Liverpool star defender Daniel Agger.
The 29-year-old is seen as a possible reinforcement to Barca's defensive line, which will be losing Carles Puyol to retirement this coming summer.
Liverpool defender Daniel Agger is eyed by Barcelona
He has not enjoyed as much appearances this season because Reds boss Brendan Rodgers opted to rotate the back line, but scouts from the Catalonia outfit are impressed with Agger's capabilities with his imposing 6 ft 3 in frame as well as the dynamics that that he brings with his favoured left-foot.
The Denmark international was pursued by Barcelona in 2012, placing a bid of £17million, which never materialised.
This time, however, they might consider taking extreme measures to fill in the void that will be caused by Puyol's departure, while feeling confident enough that they will be securing the services of an experienced centre-back who has plied his trade long enough in the Champions League and the Premier League.
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design