Liverpool FC Transfer News: Barcelona Reconsider Reds Star Defender as Reinforcement
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 21, 2014 11:26 PM EST
La Liga giants FC Barcelona are reported to be reconsidering their interest in signing Liverpool star defender Daniel Agger.
The 29-year-old is seen as a possible reinforcement to Barca's defensive line, which will be losing Carles Puyol to retirement this coming summer.
Liverpool defender Daniel Agger is eyed by Barcelona
He has not enjoyed as much appearances this season because Reds boss Brendan Rodgers opted to rotate the back line, but scouts from the Catalonia outfit are impressed with Agger's capabilities with his imposing 6 ft 3 in frame as well as the dynamics that that he brings with his favoured left-foot.
The Denmark international was pursued by Barcelona in 2012, placing a bid of £17million, which never materialised.
This time, however, they might consider taking extreme measures to fill in the void that will be caused by Puyol's departure, while feeling confident enough that they will be securing the services of an experienced centre-back who has plied his trade long enough in the Champions League and the Premier League.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase