Liverpool FC Transfer News: Barcelona Reconsider Reds Star Defender as Reinforcement
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 21, 2014 11:26 PM EST
La Liga giants FC Barcelona are reported to be reconsidering their interest in signing Liverpool star defender Daniel Agger.
The 29-year-old is seen as a possible reinforcement to Barca's defensive line, which will be losing Carles Puyol to retirement this coming summer.
Liverpool defender Daniel Agger is eyed by Barcelona
He has not enjoyed as much appearances this season because Reds boss Brendan Rodgers opted to rotate the back line, but scouts from the Catalonia outfit are impressed with Agger's capabilities with his imposing 6 ft 3 in frame as well as the dynamics that that he brings with his favoured left-foot.
The Denmark international was pursued by Barcelona in 2012, placing a bid of £17million, which never materialised.
This time, however, they might consider taking extreme measures to fill in the void that will be caused by Puyol's departure, while feeling confident enough that they will be securing the services of an experienced centre-back who has plied his trade long enough in the Champions League and the Premier League.
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider