Liverpool FC Transfer News: Barcelona Reconsider Reds Star Defender as Reinforcement
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 21, 2014 11:26 PM EST
La Liga giants FC Barcelona are reported to be reconsidering their interest in signing Liverpool star defender Daniel Agger.
The 29-year-old is seen as a possible reinforcement to Barca's defensive line, which will be losing Carles Puyol to retirement this coming summer.
Liverpool defender Daniel Agger is eyed by Barcelona
He has not enjoyed as much appearances this season because Reds boss Brendan Rodgers opted to rotate the back line, but scouts from the Catalonia outfit are impressed with Agger's capabilities with his imposing 6 ft 3 in frame as well as the dynamics that that he brings with his favoured left-foot.
The Denmark international was pursued by Barcelona in 2012, placing a bid of £17million, which never materialised.
This time, however, they might consider taking extreme measures to fill in the void that will be caused by Puyol's departure, while feeling confident enough that they will be securing the services of an experienced centre-back who has plied his trade long enough in the Champions League and the Premier League.
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate