Hyundai Introduces New Verna GL Variant in India; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 21, 2014 9:42 PM EST
Hyundai introduced a new GL variant for its Fluidic Verna sedan in India with a price tag starting at 7.17 lakh.
The new GL variant comes in both petrol and diesel engine options. While the GL petrol is priced at 7.17 lakh, the diesel variant comes at a price tag of 8.35 lakh.
The petrol GL variant is powered by a 1.4-litre VTVT engine, which can churn out a power of 105bhp and peak torque of 138Nm and the diesel model comes with 1.4-litre CRDI motor.
The diesel engine of the car is expected to generate 89bhp of power and 224Nm of torque. The new Verna GL variant come with features like keyless entry, 2-Din Audio system, electrically adjustable outside rear view mirror, electric power-steering with tilt function and manual air conditioner among others. However, the GL variant missed out the safety features like ABS.
Beside the introduction of the new GL variant in the sedan line up, the South Korean auto major Hyundai discontinued six variants of the Verna - 3 petrol and 3 diesels. The automatic variants of the Verna SX (O) and EX which are powered by the 1.6-litre VTVT engine have been discontinued in the domestic market along with the 1.6 CRDI Automatic and the 1.4-litre CRDI EX variant. The Verna's base petrol and diesel variant have been replaced with the new GL variant.
Hyundai Verna, a sedan which has been earning good sales record in the domestic market since its launch, witnessed a fall recently after the grand debut of Honda City. Now with the introduction of the new Verna variant, Hyundai hopes to regain its top position in the Indian auto market.
In February, Hyundai Motor India Ltd witnessed a plunge in sales. The company had reported a 14.9 percent decline in total sales in February at 46,505 units compared with 54,665 in the same month last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Debt-Laden Millennials Join Stock Market
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga