Hyundai Introduces New Verna GL Variant in India; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 21, 2014 9:42 PM EST
Hyundai introduced a new GL variant for its Fluidic Verna sedan in India with a price tag starting at 7.17 lakh.
The new GL variant comes in both petrol and diesel engine options. While the GL petrol is priced at 7.17 lakh, the diesel variant comes at a price tag of 8.35 lakh.
The petrol GL variant is powered by a 1.4-litre VTVT engine, which can churn out a power of 105bhp and peak torque of 138Nm and the diesel model comes with 1.4-litre CRDI motor.
The diesel engine of the car is expected to generate 89bhp of power and 224Nm of torque. The new Verna GL variant come with features like keyless entry, 2-Din Audio system, electrically adjustable outside rear view mirror, electric power-steering with tilt function and manual air conditioner among others. However, the GL variant missed out the safety features like ABS.
Beside the introduction of the new GL variant in the sedan line up, the South Korean auto major Hyundai discontinued six variants of the Verna - 3 petrol and 3 diesels. The automatic variants of the Verna SX (O) and EX which are powered by the 1.6-litre VTVT engine have been discontinued in the domestic market along with the 1.6 CRDI Automatic and the 1.4-litre CRDI EX variant. The Verna's base petrol and diesel variant have been replaced with the new GL variant.
Hyundai Verna, a sedan which has been earning good sales record in the domestic market since its launch, witnessed a fall recently after the grand debut of Honda City. Now with the introduction of the new Verna variant, Hyundai hopes to regain its top position in the Indian auto market.
In February, Hyundai Motor India Ltd witnessed a plunge in sales. The company had reported a 14.9 percent decline in total sales in February at 46,505 units compared with 54,665 in the same month last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales