‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 10 Episode 17 Spoilers: Cristina and Owen Have a Baby
By Keerthi Mohan | March 21, 2014 8:49 PM EST
The upcoming episode of "Grey’s Anatomy" has a surprise in store for fans of Cristina Yang and Owen Hunt as their baby is going to be introduced in the show.
Didn’t realize Cristina was expecting after she hooked up with Owen a couple of weeks back? It appears Cristina is not pregnant and the baby is just a figment of her imagination.
Grey's Anatomy Season 10 Marks its 200th Episode Celebration
Episode 17 of season 10, titled “Do You Know?”, will adopt a sliding door format where Cristina will be thinking about the two routes her life could have taken based on her choices. And one scenario features a baby.
And photographs of the upcoming episode indicate that Cristina, who has always been against having children, does not embrace parenthood. She looks sleep-deprived and irritated. A set of photographs also show them arguing.
However, Cristina fans have taken to Twitter to cite incidents from previous episodes to note that Cristina would make a great parent.
Cristina displayed she has a soft spot for babies in one of the previous episodes, when a baby was found abandoned at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital. Though it was Jo and Stephanie who found the baby, Cristina takes over from them and names the baby Oscar.
When Cristina first became pregnant after a sexual encounter with Burke, she did not seem too attached to her pregnancy. When doctors could not save her baby after her fallopian tube burst and she started bleeding into her uterus, Cristina took it in her stride.
Her grief at having lost the baby was displayed only when her mother came to visit and Cristina cried inconsolably.
Meanwhile, it is yet unknown how the second journey will pan out. But spoilers indicate that it might not have anything to do with Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital. It is also not immediately known if Burke will be back for this episode, as speculations suggest Cristina’s second journey will focus on her relationship with Burke.
As previously reported, show creator Shonda Rhimes recently confirmed that Isaiah Washington, who played Burke, will be back on the show to help wrap up Cristina’s journey.
“It’s important to me that Cristina’s journey unfolds exactly as it should,” said Rhimes in a statement to the media. “Burke is vital to that journey - he gives her story that full-circle moment we need to properly say goodbye to our beloved Cristina Yang.”
Season 10 will be the last for Sandra Oh, who essays the role of Cristina.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown