‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 10 Episode 17 Spoilers: Cristina and Owen Have a Baby
By Keerthi Mohan | March 21, 2014 8:49 PM EST
The upcoming episode of "Grey’s Anatomy" has a surprise in store for fans of Cristina Yang and Owen Hunt as their baby is going to be introduced in the show.
Didn’t realize Cristina was expecting after she hooked up with Owen a couple of weeks back? It appears Cristina is not pregnant and the baby is just a figment of her imagination.
Grey's Anatomy Season 10 Marks its 200th Episode Celebration
Episode 17 of season 10, titled “Do You Know?”, will adopt a sliding door format where Cristina will be thinking about the two routes her life could have taken based on her choices. And one scenario features a baby.
And photographs of the upcoming episode indicate that Cristina, who has always been against having children, does not embrace parenthood. She looks sleep-deprived and irritated. A set of photographs also show them arguing.
However, Cristina fans have taken to Twitter to cite incidents from previous episodes to note that Cristina would make a great parent.
Cristina displayed she has a soft spot for babies in one of the previous episodes, when a baby was found abandoned at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital. Though it was Jo and Stephanie who found the baby, Cristina takes over from them and names the baby Oscar.
When Cristina first became pregnant after a sexual encounter with Burke, she did not seem too attached to her pregnancy. When doctors could not save her baby after her fallopian tube burst and she started bleeding into her uterus, Cristina took it in her stride.
Her grief at having lost the baby was displayed only when her mother came to visit and Cristina cried inconsolably.
Meanwhile, it is yet unknown how the second journey will pan out. But spoilers indicate that it might not have anything to do with Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital. It is also not immediately known if Burke will be back for this episode, as speculations suggest Cristina’s second journey will focus on her relationship with Burke.
As previously reported, show creator Shonda Rhimes recently confirmed that Isaiah Washington, who played Burke, will be back on the show to help wrap up Cristina’s journey.
“It’s important to me that Cristina’s journey unfolds exactly as it should,” said Rhimes in a statement to the media. “Burke is vital to that journey - he gives her story that full-circle moment we need to properly say goodbye to our beloved Cristina Yang.”
Season 10 will be the last for Sandra Oh, who essays the role of Cristina.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier