Samsung NX Mini Prices and Features: 'Perfect' Camera For Selfie Lovers
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 21, 2014 7:32 PM EST
From Ellen DeGeneres' most tweeted selfie of all-time to the news of Pres. Barack Obama jokingly calling it a "cheap stunt" for breaking his record, "selfie" is undeniably one of the most popular topics today.
U.S. President Barack Obama appears on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" by satellite video link from the White House in this March 20, 2014 handout photo by Warner Bros. Obama took the opportunity to plug Obamacare, talk "House of Cards" and "Scandal" and discuss his response should his daughters ever get a tattoo. REUTERS/Michael Rozman/Warner Bros./Handout via Reuters
The selfie's rising popularity made manufacturers design gadgets to cater to this need. The launch of Samsung's NX Mini is one proof to follow being recently tagged as the "ultimate camera for taking selfies."
The NX Mini can be credited as Samsung's newest experiment. As cameras today are becoming more like smartphones, the NX Mini is packed with features that may be a true delight for the selfie lovers. For readers considering to purchase NX Mini, below are the features for an informed choice:
Thinnest And Lightest Camera
Samsung NX Mini as the name "mini" suggests is smaller than the regular digital cameras. The key feature is the LCD screen capable of rotating over 180 degrees. With the feature, users can easily flip the camera to shoot them with the angle they like. It comes in 0.89-inch thickness and weighs only 5.6 ounces. It is as heavy as a phablet, very handy and is perfect for daily use. The camera is even great for travelers who hate the DSLR bulk.
Samsung NX Mini features an interchangeable lens that can improve the camera capture respectively. Additional lens can add on the camera's weight. NX Mini is offered in 9mm and 9-27mm lenses which are basically compact and lightweight.
Wireless Sharing And Variety of Colors
The NX Mini is ready for social sharing as the gadget is equipped with Wi-Fi and near field communication (NFC) technology alongside Samsung' smart camera applications. Samsung NX Mini comes in five color variants: white, black, brown, pink, and mint green.
Samsung offers a carrying case for customers who want to carry the camera and the lenses together. The manufacturer aim the device for users who want portability in their gadget, and is primarily not for professional photography. As mentioned earlier, it is a camera that caters people who have the knack for selfies, not the hobbyists.
The NX Mini will be launched in the U.S. in April 2014 with a price tag of $449 for the 9 mm (24 mm-equivalent) variant, and $549 for 9-27 mm (24-73 mm-equivalent) with zoom lens and external flash variant. The price of the gadget in Australia is to be revealed yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles