Floyd Mayweather Preps Up, Trains To Justin Bieber’s Music; Maidana Still Can’t Fathom Why the Undefeated Boxer Chose Him Over Khan
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 21, 2014 7:18 PM EST
With barely over a month left before his upcoming fight against Marcos Maidana, Floyd Mayweather spares no effort and wastes no time in his quest to achieve more success and remain undefeated in his boxing career.
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr smiles as he greets fans and amateur boxers during a visit to conduct training clinics in Soweto [Reuters/SIPHIWE SIBEKO]
Mayweather's intense training camp officially started on March 3. He started training two weeks ahead of Maidana, who reportedly only began his training on March 17. Speaking to Fight Hype, Mayweather said that he has no intentions of treating Maidana differently than the opponents he battled against previously. "He's a guy I already know that I can't overlook," Mayweather said. "I must take this guy serious," he added.
On March 20, Mayweather was spotted doing some hard core gym training. Mayweather's BFF Justin Bieber even posted of video of the undefeated boxer while doing some abs routine on Instagram, with the Canadian pop star's song playing in the background.
Meanwhile, Maidana still can't fathom why the Mayweather chose to fight him instead of Amir Khan. He thinks that the undefeated boxer opted to fight him because he wants to get even and hit back after the he defeated Adrien Broner in December.
"I do not know why he chose to fight me," said Maidana. The World Boxing Association (WBA) welterweight champion said he knows that he has a lot of advantage over the British boxer Khan, but he also cannot get rid of the thought that Mayweather chose him to avenge the loss he gave to Broner. Nonetheless, Maidana is up for the challenged and will do the best the he can in the fight. He is aware that he has to knock him out to win.
According to Sports News 24, Maidana said that he wants to put Mayweather under the pressure of continuous and relentless attacks. He said that he will be working on his offense and punch Mayweather really hard, as much as he can. He is going to try to knock him out with every opportunity and as quickly as possible. That'd be exciting. Can Mayweather suffer his first-ever defeat from Maidana? People will just have to wait and see.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Brings Danger To Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at US Open
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- Serena Williams Makes History; Among Most Dominant World's No.1 in History
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]