Floyd Mayweather Preps Up, Trains To Justin Bieber’s Music; Maidana Still Can’t Fathom Why the Undefeated Boxer Chose Him Over Khan
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 21, 2014 7:18 PM EST
With barely over a month left before his upcoming fight against Marcos Maidana, Floyd Mayweather spares no effort and wastes no time in his quest to achieve more success and remain undefeated in his boxing career.
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr smiles as he greets fans and amateur boxers during a visit to conduct training clinics in Soweto [Reuters/SIPHIWE SIBEKO]
Mayweather's intense training camp officially started on March 3. He started training two weeks ahead of Maidana, who reportedly only began his training on March 17. Speaking to Fight Hype, Mayweather said that he has no intentions of treating Maidana differently than the opponents he battled against previously. "He's a guy I already know that I can't overlook," Mayweather said. "I must take this guy serious," he added.
On March 20, Mayweather was spotted doing some hard core gym training. Mayweather's BFF Justin Bieber even posted of video of the undefeated boxer while doing some abs routine on Instagram, with the Canadian pop star's song playing in the background.
Meanwhile, Maidana still can't fathom why the Mayweather chose to fight him instead of Amir Khan. He thinks that the undefeated boxer opted to fight him because he wants to get even and hit back after the he defeated Adrien Broner in December.
"I do not know why he chose to fight me," said Maidana. The World Boxing Association (WBA) welterweight champion said he knows that he has a lot of advantage over the British boxer Khan, but he also cannot get rid of the thought that Mayweather chose him to avenge the loss he gave to Broner. Nonetheless, Maidana is up for the challenged and will do the best the he can in the fight. He is aware that he has to knock him out to win.
According to Sports News 24, Maidana said that he wants to put Mayweather under the pressure of continuous and relentless attacks. He said that he will be working on his offense and punch Mayweather really hard, as much as he can. He is going to try to knock him out with every opportunity and as quickly as possible. That'd be exciting. Can Mayweather suffer his first-ever defeat from Maidana? People will just have to wait and see.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Ronda Rousey Puts Up Her Belongings For Auction
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes