Floyd Mayweather Preps Up, Trains To Justin Bieber’s Music; Maidana Still Can’t Fathom Why the Undefeated Boxer Chose Him Over Khan
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 21, 2014 7:18 PM EST
With barely over a month left before his upcoming fight against Marcos Maidana, Floyd Mayweather spares no effort and wastes no time in his quest to achieve more success and remain undefeated in his boxing career.
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr smiles as he greets fans and amateur boxers during a visit to conduct training clinics in Soweto [Reuters/SIPHIWE SIBEKO]
Mayweather's intense training camp officially started on March 3. He started training two weeks ahead of Maidana, who reportedly only began his training on March 17. Speaking to Fight Hype, Mayweather said that he has no intentions of treating Maidana differently than the opponents he battled against previously. "He's a guy I already know that I can't overlook," Mayweather said. "I must take this guy serious," he added.
On March 20, Mayweather was spotted doing some hard core gym training. Mayweather's BFF Justin Bieber even posted of video of the undefeated boxer while doing some abs routine on Instagram, with the Canadian pop star's song playing in the background.
Meanwhile, Maidana still can't fathom why the Mayweather chose to fight him instead of Amir Khan. He thinks that the undefeated boxer opted to fight him because he wants to get even and hit back after the he defeated Adrien Broner in December.
"I do not know why he chose to fight me," said Maidana. The World Boxing Association (WBA) welterweight champion said he knows that he has a lot of advantage over the British boxer Khan, but he also cannot get rid of the thought that Mayweather chose him to avenge the loss he gave to Broner. Nonetheless, Maidana is up for the challenged and will do the best the he can in the fight. He is aware that he has to knock him out to win.
According to Sports News 24, Maidana said that he wants to put Mayweather under the pressure of continuous and relentless attacks. He said that he will be working on his offense and punch Mayweather really hard, as much as he can. He is going to try to knock him out with every opportunity and as quickly as possible. That'd be exciting. Can Mayweather suffer his first-ever defeat from Maidana? People will just have to wait and see.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2