UFO Sigthing: Multi-Coloured UFO Over Queensland, Australia Captured in Video [WATCH]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 21, 2014 6:22 PM EST
Jack Purcell, a Chevron Island resident, noticed a multi-coloured UFO floating over the city of Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia last Thursday night, March 13. The witness captured a video footage of the UFO sighting experience and shared it on YouTube for others to see the colourful UFO looking like an alien spacecraft moving across the sky.
The witness recounted in the Open Minds report that his mother was the first one to point the colourful UFO above the sky. After seeing the object, Jack Purcell shared that he ran inside the house to get his handheld camera and capture the UFO sighting in a video recording.
Credit: YouTube/Jack Purcell
The UFO sighting happened in the front yard of Mr Purcell's home where he was with his mother and friends when the multi-coloured object appeared in the sky. "We were all just sitting out the front and my mum pointed to the sky and said 'look at that colourful plane flying over.' Then it came to a sudden stop and was just hovering there. So I ran inside and grabbed my video camera," the witness shared.
In the video, the unidentified flying object can be seen flashing bright colours of green, red, blue and yellow in different patterns. Other residents were also seen stepping out on the street to look at the object with a police vehicle stopping by to observe as well.
"It was really strange. I was quite skeptical of these things but it just blew my mind," Jack Purcell stated. According to the News.com.au report, some comments on the YouTube video speculate that the colourful UFO was a remote control drone helicopter.
However, the witness who captured the video footage disagreed. "I've seen drone choppers and they're not that big whereas this thing was huge. It was really high in the sky too, I don't think this one was somebody mucking around. I have no idea what it was but in my guess I think it's a UFO despite how crazy that might sound," Mr Purcell shared.
Meanwhile, the Gold Coast Police spokeswoman confirmed that there were no police helicopters in the area when the UFO sighting happened. "Police believe it is a radio controlled device that was flying in the area and not a UFO. If it was anything larger it would have been picked up by the air control radars," the spokesperson stated.
More Articles to Read:
2014 Asteroid Eclipse: Huge Asteroid 163 Erigone Eclipses Bright Star Regulus on March 19 and 20, How to Best View - [READ]
2014 Comet Jacques: SONEAR Team in Brazil Spots New Comet C/2014 E2, Closest Approach to the Sun to Occur on June 29 - [READ]
2014 Comet Sighting: European Southern Observatory Released First Image of the ESA Rosetta Spacecraft Target Comet, 67/P Churyumov-Gerasimenko - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown