'Oscar' Winner Jared Leto Prepares for Australian Tour; 'Thirty Seconds to Mars' Goes to Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 21, 2014 6:12 PM EST
Jared Leto is now definitely going to Australia. No cancellations. No second thoughts. No more rescheduling. The "Oscar" winner is now preparing to conquer Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney with his band "Thirty Seconds to Mars."
Jared Leto, best supporting actor winner for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club" on arrival at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
". . . I understand other bands have cancelled their shows, but there was no f***ing way, no f***ing way, Thirty Seconds to Mars wasn't going to be here in this beautiful city, in this great country here tonight,' Jared Leto was caught saying by someone in the audience during his band's performance in Russia. The said speech was posted in the Web through a video.
And same goes with Australia. Jared Leto and his band was supposed to tour Australia in 2013 but had to reschedule and put down March 2014. But, now, there is no delay because Leto and Thirty Seconds to Mars will be in an Australian Tour, promoting their newest album "Love, Lust, Faith + Dreams."
On March 19, Leto announced on his Twitter account the release of his band's new single "Do or Die," which is included in the "Love, Lust, Faith + Dreams" album. In addition to that, the actor encourages his fans to request the new single to be played on the radio.
Earlier, on March 17, Leto had his fans freaked out when he shared an image from his Instagram account showing him with short hair.
"Short hair don't care" was written to describe the image. There was no description saying that it was supposed to be a throwback picture. Fans initial reaction to that, of course, was to freak out.
But no, Leto is not going to perform with short hair. The actor/frontman still prefers to wear his hair long. Australia will still have the privilege to see his long hair.
— JARED LETO (@JaredLeto) March 20, 2014
Below are "Thirty Seconds to Mars" Australian Tour dates according to the band's Web site:
March 25 - Challenge Stadium, Perth
March 27 - ARTIFACT Screening with Jared Leto in Melbourne
March 28 - Hisense Arena, Melbourne
March 29 - ARTIFACT Screening with Jared Leto in Sydney
March 29 - Entertainment Centre, Sydney
March 30 - Riverstage, Brisbane
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu