'Oscar' Winner Jared Leto Prepares for Australian Tour; 'Thirty Seconds to Mars' Goes to Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 21, 2014 6:12 PM EST
Jared Leto is now definitely going to Australia. No cancellations. No second thoughts. No more rescheduling. The "Oscar" winner is now preparing to conquer Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney with his band "Thirty Seconds to Mars."
Jared Leto, best supporting actor winner for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club" on arrival at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
". . . I understand other bands have cancelled their shows, but there was no f***ing way, no f***ing way, Thirty Seconds to Mars wasn't going to be here in this beautiful city, in this great country here tonight,' Jared Leto was caught saying by someone in the audience during his band's performance in Russia. The said speech was posted in the Web through a video.
And same goes with Australia. Jared Leto and his band was supposed to tour Australia in 2013 but had to reschedule and put down March 2014. But, now, there is no delay because Leto and Thirty Seconds to Mars will be in an Australian Tour, promoting their newest album "Love, Lust, Faith + Dreams."
On March 19, Leto announced on his Twitter account the release of his band's new single "Do or Die," which is included in the "Love, Lust, Faith + Dreams" album. In addition to that, the actor encourages his fans to request the new single to be played on the radio.
Earlier, on March 17, Leto had his fans freaked out when he shared an image from his Instagram account showing him with short hair.
"Short hair don't care" was written to describe the image. There was no description saying that it was supposed to be a throwback picture. Fans initial reaction to that, of course, was to freak out.
But no, Leto is not going to perform with short hair. The actor/frontman still prefers to wear his hair long. Australia will still have the privilege to see his long hair.
— JARED LETO (@JaredLeto) March 20, 2014
Below are "Thirty Seconds to Mars" Australian Tour dates according to the band's Web site:
March 25 - Challenge Stadium, Perth
March 27 - ARTIFACT Screening with Jared Leto in Melbourne
March 28 - Hisense Arena, Melbourne
March 29 - ARTIFACT Screening with Jared Leto in Sydney
March 29 - Entertainment Centre, Sydney
March 30 - Riverstage, Brisbane
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around