'Oscar' Winner Jared Leto Prepares for Australian Tour; 'Thirty Seconds to Mars' Goes to Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 21, 2014 6:12 PM EST
Jared Leto is now definitely going to Australia. No cancellations. No second thoughts. No more rescheduling. The "Oscar" winner is now preparing to conquer Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney with his band "Thirty Seconds to Mars."
Jared Leto, best supporting actor winner for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club" on arrival at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
". . . I understand other bands have cancelled their shows, but there was no f***ing way, no f***ing way, Thirty Seconds to Mars wasn't going to be here in this beautiful city, in this great country here tonight,' Jared Leto was caught saying by someone in the audience during his band's performance in Russia. The said speech was posted in the Web through a video.
And same goes with Australia. Jared Leto and his band was supposed to tour Australia in 2013 but had to reschedule and put down March 2014. But, now, there is no delay because Leto and Thirty Seconds to Mars will be in an Australian Tour, promoting their newest album "Love, Lust, Faith + Dreams."
On March 19, Leto announced on his Twitter account the release of his band's new single "Do or Die," which is included in the "Love, Lust, Faith + Dreams" album. In addition to that, the actor encourages his fans to request the new single to be played on the radio.
Earlier, on March 17, Leto had his fans freaked out when he shared an image from his Instagram account showing him with short hair.
"Short hair don't care" was written to describe the image. There was no description saying that it was supposed to be a throwback picture. Fans initial reaction to that, of course, was to freak out.
But no, Leto is not going to perform with short hair. The actor/frontman still prefers to wear his hair long. Australia will still have the privilege to see his long hair.
— JARED LETO (@JaredLeto) March 20, 2014
Below are "Thirty Seconds to Mars" Australian Tour dates according to the band's Web site:
March 25 - Challenge Stadium, Perth
March 27 - ARTIFACT Screening with Jared Leto in Melbourne
March 28 - Hisense Arena, Melbourne
March 29 - ARTIFACT Screening with Jared Leto in Sydney
March 29 - Entertainment Centre, Sydney
March 30 - Riverstage, Brisbane
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0