'Oscar' Winner Jared Leto Prepares for Australian Tour; 'Thirty Seconds to Mars' Goes to Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 21, 2014 6:12 PM EST
Jared Leto is now definitely going to Australia. No cancellations. No second thoughts. No more rescheduling. The "Oscar" winner is now preparing to conquer Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney with his band "Thirty Seconds to Mars."
Jared Leto, best supporting actor winner for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club" on arrival at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
". . . I understand other bands have cancelled their shows, but there was no f***ing way, no f***ing way, Thirty Seconds to Mars wasn't going to be here in this beautiful city, in this great country here tonight,' Jared Leto was caught saying by someone in the audience during his band's performance in Russia. The said speech was posted in the Web through a video.
And same goes with Australia. Jared Leto and his band was supposed to tour Australia in 2013 but had to reschedule and put down March 2014. But, now, there is no delay because Leto and Thirty Seconds to Mars will be in an Australian Tour, promoting their newest album "Love, Lust, Faith + Dreams."
On March 19, Leto announced on his Twitter account the release of his band's new single "Do or Die," which is included in the "Love, Lust, Faith + Dreams" album. In addition to that, the actor encourages his fans to request the new single to be played on the radio.
Earlier, on March 17, Leto had his fans freaked out when he shared an image from his Instagram account showing him with short hair.
"Short hair don't care" was written to describe the image. There was no description saying that it was supposed to be a throwback picture. Fans initial reaction to that, of course, was to freak out.
But no, Leto is not going to perform with short hair. The actor/frontman still prefers to wear his hair long. Australia will still have the privilege to see his long hair.
— JARED LETO (@JaredLeto) March 20, 2014
Below are "Thirty Seconds to Mars" Australian Tour dates according to the band's Web site:
March 25 - Challenge Stadium, Perth
March 27 - ARTIFACT Screening with Jared Leto in Melbourne
March 28 - Hisense Arena, Melbourne
March 29 - ARTIFACT Screening with Jared Leto in Sydney
March 29 - Entertainment Centre, Sydney
March 30 - Riverstage, Brisbane
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date