Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Still Top Dividend Stocks to Buy - UBS
By Athena Yenko | March 21, 2014 5:48 PM EST
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) is still at number one in UBS Quality Growth at a Reasonable Price List (Q-GARP) of stocks to buy, making the company maintain its seat as the top stocks in terms of dividends.
UBS' list focuses on stocks that are more beneficial to the investors while backing away from costly and risky stocks.
To come up with the list, UBS employs an initial quantitative analysis of stocks founded on the following:
- quality metrics - high and stable profitability
- growth - high expected earnings growth
- valuation - low valuation relative to peers
With this, only stocks trading at attractive valuations made up the final list from UBS.
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) stocks is trading at just 12 times forward earnings, the stock remains a solid buy for investors.
Trading Shareholders are paid a 2.3 per cent dividend.
The UBS price target for the technology giant is $625. The Thomson/First Call consensus price target for Apple is $591.52.
Ms Lu said that Apple Inc.'s supply chain is expected to produce 38 to 39 million of iPhones for the second quarter of the fiscal year.
· Supply chain production tends to lead Apple's revenue recognition, so as iPhone production declines from its peak in C4Q13, demand could outstrip supply.
· New U.S. carrier promotions in C1Q14 driving incremental demand vs. late 2013 when carriers strictly enforced their 24-month contract terms.
- Similarly, several large U.S. retailers ran iPhone promotions this quarter, including Walmart and Best Buy.
The data obtained by AlphaWise Smartphone Tracker also showed that shipments are ahead of estimates not only for the iPhone but for the smartphone market as a whole.
And although CEO Tim Cook had previously said that demand from North America is weak, Ms Huberty said that demand in the region was actually improving because of carrier and retailer promotions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc. Stock Surge Observed as Hedge Funds 'Feasted' Ahead of iPhone 6 Launch
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists