Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Still Top Dividend Stocks to Buy - UBS
By Athena Yenko | March 21, 2014 5:48 PM EST
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) is still at number one in UBS Quality Growth at a Reasonable Price List (Q-GARP) of stocks to buy, making the company maintain its seat as the top stocks in terms of dividends.
UBS' list focuses on stocks that are more beneficial to the investors while backing away from costly and risky stocks.
To come up with the list, UBS employs an initial quantitative analysis of stocks founded on the following:
- quality metrics - high and stable profitability
- growth - high expected earnings growth
- valuation - low valuation relative to peers
With this, only stocks trading at attractive valuations made up the final list from UBS.
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) stocks is trading at just 12 times forward earnings, the stock remains a solid buy for investors.
Trading Shareholders are paid a 2.3 per cent dividend.
The UBS price target for the technology giant is $625. The Thomson/First Call consensus price target for Apple is $591.52.
Ms Lu said that Apple Inc.'s supply chain is expected to produce 38 to 39 million of iPhones for the second quarter of the fiscal year.
· Supply chain production tends to lead Apple's revenue recognition, so as iPhone production declines from its peak in C4Q13, demand could outstrip supply.
· New U.S. carrier promotions in C1Q14 driving incremental demand vs. late 2013 when carriers strictly enforced their 24-month contract terms.
- Similarly, several large U.S. retailers ran iPhone promotions this quarter, including Walmart and Best Buy.
The data obtained by AlphaWise Smartphone Tracker also showed that shipments are ahead of estimates not only for the iPhone but for the smartphone market as a whole.
And although CEO Tim Cook had previously said that demand from North America is weak, Ms Huberty said that demand in the region was actually improving because of carrier and retailer promotions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]