Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Still Top Dividend Stocks to Buy - UBS
By Athena Yenko | March 21, 2014 5:48 PM EST
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) is still at number one in UBS Quality Growth at a Reasonable Price List (Q-GARP) of stocks to buy, making the company maintain its seat as the top stocks in terms of dividends.
UBS' list focuses on stocks that are more beneficial to the investors while backing away from costly and risky stocks.
To come up with the list, UBS employs an initial quantitative analysis of stocks founded on the following:
- quality metrics - high and stable profitability
- growth - high expected earnings growth
- valuation - low valuation relative to peers
With this, only stocks trading at attractive valuations made up the final list from UBS.
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) stocks is trading at just 12 times forward earnings, the stock remains a solid buy for investors.
Trading Shareholders are paid a 2.3 per cent dividend.
The UBS price target for the technology giant is $625. The Thomson/First Call consensus price target for Apple is $591.52.
Ms Lu said that Apple Inc.'s supply chain is expected to produce 38 to 39 million of iPhones for the second quarter of the fiscal year.
· Supply chain production tends to lead Apple's revenue recognition, so as iPhone production declines from its peak in C4Q13, demand could outstrip supply.
· New U.S. carrier promotions in C1Q14 driving incremental demand vs. late 2013 when carriers strictly enforced their 24-month contract terms.
- Similarly, several large U.S. retailers ran iPhone promotions this quarter, including Walmart and Best Buy.
The data obtained by AlphaWise Smartphone Tracker also showed that shipments are ahead of estimates not only for the iPhone but for the smartphone market as a whole.
And although CEO Tim Cook had previously said that demand from North America is weak, Ms Huberty said that demand in the region was actually improving because of carrier and retailer promotions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes