Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Still Top Dividend Stocks to Buy - UBS
By Athena Yenko | March 21, 2014 5:48 PM EST
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) is still at number one in UBS Quality Growth at a Reasonable Price List (Q-GARP) of stocks to buy, making the company maintain its seat as the top stocks in terms of dividends.
UBS' list focuses on stocks that are more beneficial to the investors while backing away from costly and risky stocks.
To come up with the list, UBS employs an initial quantitative analysis of stocks founded on the following:
- quality metrics - high and stable profitability
- growth - high expected earnings growth
- valuation - low valuation relative to peers
With this, only stocks trading at attractive valuations made up the final list from UBS.
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) stocks is trading at just 12 times forward earnings, the stock remains a solid buy for investors.
Trading Shareholders are paid a 2.3 per cent dividend.
The UBS price target for the technology giant is $625. The Thomson/First Call consensus price target for Apple is $591.52.
Ms Lu said that Apple Inc.'s supply chain is expected to produce 38 to 39 million of iPhones for the second quarter of the fiscal year.
· Supply chain production tends to lead Apple's revenue recognition, so as iPhone production declines from its peak in C4Q13, demand could outstrip supply.
· New U.S. carrier promotions in C1Q14 driving incremental demand vs. late 2013 when carriers strictly enforced their 24-month contract terms.
- Similarly, several large U.S. retailers ran iPhone promotions this quarter, including Walmart and Best Buy.
The data obtained by AlphaWise Smartphone Tracker also showed that shipments are ahead of estimates not only for the iPhone but for the smartphone market as a whole.
And although CEO Tim Cook had previously said that demand from North America is weak, Ms Huberty said that demand in the region was actually improving because of carrier and retailer promotions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions