‘Survivor’ vs. ‘American Idol’ Season 28 Finale Moved to May 21
By Sachin Trivedi | March 21, 2014 5:05 PM EST
For the first time ever the popular TV show "Survivor" has shifted its show timings for its season 28 finale from a Sunday to a Wednesday. The show will be going head to head with "American Idol" and competing for viewers' attention.
American Idol host Ryan Seacrest arrives at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
The two hour long "Survivor" Season 28 finale will air at 8 p.m ET followed by the reunion special at 10 p.m ET. The finale for "American Idol" Season 13 is also expected to be on May 21 pitting the two shows against each other.
"Survivor" is a reality TV show where a group of contestants compete for a million dollars on a remote island. The contestants are given the bare minimum of clothing and other equipment. The other luxuries have to be won in the competition.
"American Idol" is a reality show where contestants showcase their talents on stage. The audience and the judges decide on the performance. The winner of the show can get a recording contract worth up to $1 million.
The decision to move the finale from Sunday to Wednesday may be a conscious one for CBS. "Survivor" is reportedly racing ahead in the numbers game and recently is said to have over taken "American Idol" in terms of viewership.
Another reason for the shift could be that the show will not have to compete with other popular TV shows that air on a Sunday like "Game of Thrones" which is currently in its fourth season and has gained massive popularity over the years.
The other shows on CBS like "Mom" and "The Crazy Ones" will end in April. The shows which will have their finale in May include "Person of Interest," "The Bang Theory" and "The Amazing Race."
"American Idol" Season 13 has the top 10 finalists facing off against each other. The finalists are C.J. Harris, Jena Irene, Caleb Johnson, Jessica Meuse, MK Nobilette, Alex Preston, Dexter Roberts, Majesty Rose, Malaya Watson an Sam Woolf.
Was CBS right in changing the timing of its show? Will "Survivor" Season 28 finale be able to take on the "American Idol" Season 13 finale? Fans of both the shows are excited about the upcoming finale and hope that their favorite contestant wins.
More Articles to Read
New Bermuda Triangle Near Asia? Wild Theories on the Missing Malaysian Plane MH370 [Read]
'Ghostbusters' 3 Looking for a New Director - Production to Start in 2015 [Read]
'Incredibles' 2 and 'Cars' 3 Officially Confirmed - What Took so You Long? Ask Fans [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?