PS4 News: 'Titanfall 2' May Come to PS4, Not Exclusive to Microsoft; April to Introduce Game Pre-loading?
By Gel Galang | March 21, 2014 4:01 PM EST
"Titanfall" is coming on strong, getting rave reviews and followers who just love the game. Even though the Xbox 360 version has been delayed to April, there are still some things to look forward to, such as PC players who will be getting 4K, TXAA and SLI support for the game.
GameSpot has seen a post over at Nvidia Blog (though as of now, there's no entry found), wherein it seems that 4K on PC will be supported. This may be the solution for the game crashes that the desktop version of "Titanfall" is experiencing.
But more than this, PlayStation gamers may be happy to note that EA has already landed a deal for "Titanfall," and the next installment of the game will no longer be exclusive to Microsoft.
For now, it seems that this is mostly a rumour, wherein EA is said to be the publisher of the game. EA, for the most part, isn't talking about it just yet. "We do not comment on rumor or speculation. Right now all our focus is on supporting all the fans worldwide enjoying Titanfall," said a representative to Polygon.
Still, this particular bit of information has already been teased before. Joystiq recounts a statement from Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella, who had stated that the studio will also be producing games for the PS4, though not the "first" "Titanfall" game.
There have also been hints of future "Titanfall" coming to multiple platforms, as teased by EA chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen. But right now, Microsoft is currently enjoying the wave of positive feedback coming with "Titanfall."
April May Bring Pre-loading Games to PS4
Sucker Punch Productions, developer of "inFamous: Second Son," has spilled some interesting details for the future of game downloading and the PS4.
Even with the hype and anticipation for "inFamous: Second Son," it seems that PS4 owners can't pre-download the game a day before the actual release date, so gamers can start playing right away. But according to PlayStation Lifestyle, Sucker Punch has noted that even though it's not yet available once "inFamous: Second Son" is out, "pre-loading games on PS4 will not happen until April."
This is an interesting feature to mention and perhaps a sort of miss, considering that "inFamous: Second Son" (one of the most anticipated PS4 exclusive) wasn't the first game to be featured for it.
Sony has not yet officially announced this new feature, but if it will be available in April as per Sucker Punch, all that's missing would be the official word.
On the note of the "inFamous: Second Son" release date, the source also reminds gamers that those who already have an early copy (prior to March 21) should remember that there is an embargo, so better avoid using Twitch or Ustream with the game until then, lest users want to risk a possible DMCA suspension for the broadcast.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers