PS4 News: 'Titanfall 2' May Come to PS4, Not Exclusive to Microsoft; April to Introduce Game Pre-loading?
By Gel Galang | March 21, 2014 4:01 PM EST
"Titanfall" is coming on strong, getting rave reviews and followers who just love the game. Even though the Xbox 360 version has been delayed to April, there are still some things to look forward to, such as PC players who will be getting 4K, TXAA and SLI support for the game.
GameSpot has seen a post over at Nvidia Blog (though as of now, there's no entry found), wherein it seems that 4K on PC will be supported. This may be the solution for the game crashes that the desktop version of "Titanfall" is experiencing.
But more than this, PlayStation gamers may be happy to note that EA has already landed a deal for "Titanfall," and the next installment of the game will no longer be exclusive to Microsoft.
For now, it seems that this is mostly a rumour, wherein EA is said to be the publisher of the game. EA, for the most part, isn't talking about it just yet. "We do not comment on rumor or speculation. Right now all our focus is on supporting all the fans worldwide enjoying Titanfall," said a representative to Polygon.
Still, this particular bit of information has already been teased before. Joystiq recounts a statement from Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella, who had stated that the studio will also be producing games for the PS4, though not the "first" "Titanfall" game.
There have also been hints of future "Titanfall" coming to multiple platforms, as teased by EA chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen. But right now, Microsoft is currently enjoying the wave of positive feedback coming with "Titanfall."
April May Bring Pre-loading Games to PS4
Sucker Punch Productions, developer of "inFamous: Second Son," has spilled some interesting details for the future of game downloading and the PS4.
Even with the hype and anticipation for "inFamous: Second Son," it seems that PS4 owners can't pre-download the game a day before the actual release date, so gamers can start playing right away. But according to PlayStation Lifestyle, Sucker Punch has noted that even though it's not yet available once "inFamous: Second Son" is out, "pre-loading games on PS4 will not happen until April."
This is an interesting feature to mention and perhaps a sort of miss, considering that "inFamous: Second Son" (one of the most anticipated PS4 exclusive) wasn't the first game to be featured for it.
Sony has not yet officially announced this new feature, but if it will be available in April as per Sucker Punch, all that's missing would be the official word.
On the note of the "inFamous: Second Son" release date, the source also reminds gamers that those who already have an early copy (prior to March 21) should remember that there is an embargo, so better avoid using Twitch or Ustream with the game until then, lest users want to risk a possible DMCA suspension for the broadcast.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen