PS4 News: 'Titanfall 2' May Come to PS4, Not Exclusive to Microsoft; April to Introduce Game Pre-loading?
By Gel Galang | March 21, 2014 4:01 PM EST
"Titanfall" is coming on strong, getting rave reviews and followers who just love the game. Even though the Xbox 360 version has been delayed to April, there are still some things to look forward to, such as PC players who will be getting 4K, TXAA and SLI support for the game.
GameSpot has seen a post over at Nvidia Blog (though as of now, there's no entry found), wherein it seems that 4K on PC will be supported. This may be the solution for the game crashes that the desktop version of "Titanfall" is experiencing.
But more than this, PlayStation gamers may be happy to note that EA has already landed a deal for "Titanfall," and the next installment of the game will no longer be exclusive to Microsoft.
For now, it seems that this is mostly a rumour, wherein EA is said to be the publisher of the game. EA, for the most part, isn't talking about it just yet. "We do not comment on rumor or speculation. Right now all our focus is on supporting all the fans worldwide enjoying Titanfall," said a representative to Polygon.
Still, this particular bit of information has already been teased before. Joystiq recounts a statement from Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella, who had stated that the studio will also be producing games for the PS4, though not the "first" "Titanfall" game.
There have also been hints of future "Titanfall" coming to multiple platforms, as teased by EA chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen. But right now, Microsoft is currently enjoying the wave of positive feedback coming with "Titanfall."
April May Bring Pre-loading Games to PS4
Sucker Punch Productions, developer of "inFamous: Second Son," has spilled some interesting details for the future of game downloading and the PS4.
Even with the hype and anticipation for "inFamous: Second Son," it seems that PS4 owners can't pre-download the game a day before the actual release date, so gamers can start playing right away. But according to PlayStation Lifestyle, Sucker Punch has noted that even though it's not yet available once "inFamous: Second Son" is out, "pre-loading games on PS4 will not happen until April."
This is an interesting feature to mention and perhaps a sort of miss, considering that "inFamous: Second Son" (one of the most anticipated PS4 exclusive) wasn't the first game to be featured for it.
Sony has not yet officially announced this new feature, but if it will be available in April as per Sucker Punch, all that's missing would be the official word.
On the note of the "inFamous: Second Son" release date, the source also reminds gamers that those who already have an early copy (prior to March 21) should remember that there is an embargo, so better avoid using Twitch or Ustream with the game until then, lest users want to risk a possible DMCA suspension for the broadcast.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People