PS4 News: 'Titanfall 2' May Come to PS4, Not Exclusive to Microsoft; April to Introduce Game Pre-loading?
By Gel Galang | March 21, 2014 4:01 PM EST
"Titanfall" is coming on strong, getting rave reviews and followers who just love the game. Even though the Xbox 360 version has been delayed to April, there are still some things to look forward to, such as PC players who will be getting 4K, TXAA and SLI support for the game.
GameSpot has seen a post over at Nvidia Blog (though as of now, there's no entry found), wherein it seems that 4K on PC will be supported. This may be the solution for the game crashes that the desktop version of "Titanfall" is experiencing.
But more than this, PlayStation gamers may be happy to note that EA has already landed a deal for "Titanfall," and the next installment of the game will no longer be exclusive to Microsoft.
For now, it seems that this is mostly a rumour, wherein EA is said to be the publisher of the game. EA, for the most part, isn't talking about it just yet. "We do not comment on rumor or speculation. Right now all our focus is on supporting all the fans worldwide enjoying Titanfall," said a representative to Polygon.
Still, this particular bit of information has already been teased before. Joystiq recounts a statement from Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella, who had stated that the studio will also be producing games for the PS4, though not the "first" "Titanfall" game.
There have also been hints of future "Titanfall" coming to multiple platforms, as teased by EA chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen. But right now, Microsoft is currently enjoying the wave of positive feedback coming with "Titanfall."
April May Bring Pre-loading Games to PS4
Sucker Punch Productions, developer of "inFamous: Second Son," has spilled some interesting details for the future of game downloading and the PS4.
Even with the hype and anticipation for "inFamous: Second Son," it seems that PS4 owners can't pre-download the game a day before the actual release date, so gamers can start playing right away. But according to PlayStation Lifestyle, Sucker Punch has noted that even though it's not yet available once "inFamous: Second Son" is out, "pre-loading games on PS4 will not happen until April."
This is an interesting feature to mention and perhaps a sort of miss, considering that "inFamous: Second Son" (one of the most anticipated PS4 exclusive) wasn't the first game to be featured for it.
Sony has not yet officially announced this new feature, but if it will be available in April as per Sucker Punch, all that's missing would be the official word.
On the note of the "inFamous: Second Son" release date, the source also reminds gamers that those who already have an early copy (prior to March 21) should remember that there is an embargo, so better avoid using Twitch or Ustream with the game until then, lest users want to risk a possible DMCA suspension for the broadcast.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report