Jamal Idris Keen to Play Against Former Club Bulldogs
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 21, 2014 3:22 PM EST
Perinth Panthers' Jamal Idris says he is excited to be back on the field after a long gap of nine months.
Having played his first game against Melbourne Storm last week since early 2013, Idris stated it will not take much time to reach proper fitness level.
He said, "I started cramping up there around the 60-minute mark - grade three cramps - ... but it was awesome to be on the field, that's where I'm my happiest," he said.
"I was feeling it afterwards though, I was pretty sore."
"I'm not too bad with match fitness - it's just the general running on the training paddock that kills me."
When further asked how long it will take to get back to his best rhythm, he said jokingly, "Give me about 6-7 games."
Jamal is keen to put up a good show for his home game against the Bulldogs tomorrow. In light of this, Idris stated, "It's all about the Bulldogs this week, which should be good. I'm sure the fans will come an support me."
"You always want to play well no matter who you're playing, but the only difference is the little remarks you get from people who remember you (were) playing for the Bulldogs."
"It's always good, you tend to play the best against your mates, but I'm sure there will be a bit of banter going on between me and J-Moz (Josh Morris) on Facebook."
The Bulldogs are well known for their mastery in forward and Idris said the key to winning would be to block their aggression.
"They tend to just go through the middle of teams, so as long as we can get on top of that we should be right."
"I can't wait to play here in Penrith, so hopefully all the fans get out there and we can see them all screaming."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery