Jamal Idris Keen to Play Against Former Club Bulldogs
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 21, 2014 3:22 PM EST
Perinth Panthers' Jamal Idris says he is excited to be back on the field after a long gap of nine months.
Having played his first game against Melbourne Storm last week since early 2013, Idris stated it will not take much time to reach proper fitness level.
He said, "I started cramping up there around the 60-minute mark - grade three cramps - ... but it was awesome to be on the field, that's where I'm my happiest," he said.
"I was feeling it afterwards though, I was pretty sore."
"I'm not too bad with match fitness - it's just the general running on the training paddock that kills me."
When further asked how long it will take to get back to his best rhythm, he said jokingly, "Give me about 6-7 games."
Jamal is keen to put up a good show for his home game against the Bulldogs tomorrow. In light of this, Idris stated, "It's all about the Bulldogs this week, which should be good. I'm sure the fans will come an support me."
"You always want to play well no matter who you're playing, but the only difference is the little remarks you get from people who remember you (were) playing for the Bulldogs."
"It's always good, you tend to play the best against your mates, but I'm sure there will be a bit of banter going on between me and J-Moz (Josh Morris) on Facebook."
The Bulldogs are well known for their mastery in forward and Idris said the key to winning would be to block their aggression.
"They tend to just go through the middle of teams, so as long as we can get on top of that we should be right."
"I can't wait to play here in Penrith, so hopefully all the fans get out there and we can see them all screaming."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia