10-Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with LTE Confirmed as FCC Benchmarks Sighted
By Precious Silva | March 21, 2014 3:02 PM EST
Last February, two Samsung tablets showed up on FCC: the 8-inch and 10-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 WiFi editions. This time, it appears Samsung will be releasing a line of LTE models. Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 LTE variants showed up on FCC just recently. With new models coming packed with additional features, can the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 be a winner? What can people expect?
According to a report by Phone Arena, the FCC sighting should suggest an official announcement soon. Samsung has a track record of announcing multiple variants of a Galaxy device. Soon it should roll out to different carriers. The availability period will depend on the carrier and the region.
Looking at the models reported, they are mostly within the mid-range. They are not exactly high-end devices, so consumers can be assured they will not be seeing an expensive price tag, according to analysts. For people who are familiar with the TouchWiz user interface, it may be a price to pay.
The main difference between the variants is the screen size. Apart from that, technical specifications are identical. Both slates feature 1,280 x 800 pixel resolution. They also run on similar Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 SoC sporting a quad-core processor clocked in at 1.2 GHz.
The devices will also feature Adreno 305 GPU underneath the Snapdragon chipset. This is ideal for mobile gaming, so users should be in for a treat. The devices also come with 1.5 GB RAM plus 16 GB internal storage. They will run on Android 4.4.2 featuring the TouchWiz. The TouchWiz usually amounts up to 4 GB, so users are often left with 12 GB usable internal storage.
Other features include a 3 MP primary camera along with a 1.2 MP front camera. Both devices can shoot HD videos and pictures. While they may not be at par with some high-end tablets, they should be enough for the average user.
There are no details yet on when Samsung plans on releasing the devices. Likewise, it is best to wait for the company's announcement to see if the slates will come with additional treats. Samsung recently released its Galaxy S5 and Tab Pro offerings.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report