10-Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with LTE Confirmed as FCC Benchmarks Sighted
By Precious Silva | March 21, 2014 3:02 PM EST
Last February, two Samsung tablets showed up on FCC: the 8-inch and 10-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 WiFi editions. This time, it appears Samsung will be releasing a line of LTE models. Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 LTE variants showed up on FCC just recently. With new models coming packed with additional features, can the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 be a winner? What can people expect?
According to a report by Phone Arena, the FCC sighting should suggest an official announcement soon. Samsung has a track record of announcing multiple variants of a Galaxy device. Soon it should roll out to different carriers. The availability period will depend on the carrier and the region.
Looking at the models reported, they are mostly within the mid-range. They are not exactly high-end devices, so consumers can be assured they will not be seeing an expensive price tag, according to analysts. For people who are familiar with the TouchWiz user interface, it may be a price to pay.
The main difference between the variants is the screen size. Apart from that, technical specifications are identical. Both slates feature 1,280 x 800 pixel resolution. They also run on similar Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 SoC sporting a quad-core processor clocked in at 1.2 GHz.
The devices will also feature Adreno 305 GPU underneath the Snapdragon chipset. This is ideal for mobile gaming, so users should be in for a treat. The devices also come with 1.5 GB RAM plus 16 GB internal storage. They will run on Android 4.4.2 featuring the TouchWiz. The TouchWiz usually amounts up to 4 GB, so users are often left with 12 GB usable internal storage.
Other features include a 3 MP primary camera along with a 1.2 MP front camera. Both devices can shoot HD videos and pictures. While they may not be at par with some high-end tablets, they should be enough for the average user.
There are no details yet on when Samsung plans on releasing the devices. Likewise, it is best to wait for the company's announcement to see if the slates will come with additional treats. Samsung recently released its Galaxy S5 and Tab Pro offerings.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand