'Fifty Shades' Jamie Dornan Plays Star-Crossed Lover in 'New Worlds,' Co-Star Freya Mavor Gushes About the Actor [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | March 21, 2014 3:01 PM EST
After his gritty role in BBC Two's crime drama "The Fall," "Fifty Shades of Grey" actor Jamie Dornan is taking on a role of a star-crossed lover in is his upcoming historical action drama "New Worlds." Co-star "Skin" actress Freya Mavor couldn't help to gush about the Northern Irish lad as she talks about working with him.
"They are classic star crossed lovers to start with but ultimately they can't help themselves - as we all know love is a very powerful thing!" Dornan explained in an interview with Entertainment Wise.
Playing as "a young, idealistic renegade who is very determined in his fight to make England a true republic," Dornan takes on a lighter role while taking a break for being Paul Spector. The actor recently wrapped up the production of his higly-anticipated movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" where he plays a kinky billionaire Christian Grey.
Best known for her role as Mini McGuinness, Scottish star Freya will play as Beth Fanshawe, Dornan's love interest. Sharing a few intimate scenes, the actress wasn't complaining about it and thinks the actor is brilliant.
"One of Jamie's brilliant traits is that he doesn't take himself too seriously. He takes the job seriously but he made being on set so much fun and between heartbreaking scenes we could goof around which was really easy," says Mavor. "We became great friends, which I think really helped us play Beth and Abe are not only in love but also see each other as comrades and support each other. And he is gorgeous which helps as well!"
Dornan also revealed that playing a romantic hero is a total breather from his "The Fall" character where he usually apologize to all female co-stars. Together with former "X-files" star Gillian Anderson, the actor is currently filming the crime series season 2 where he plays a psychopathic serial killer.
Dornan and Mavor will be playing the two lead star in Channel 4's new drama. "New Worlds" is the network's follow up to "The Devils Whore," where Mavor's character Beth had a chance encounter with roguish outlaw Abe Goffe (Dornan) and shake up everything she believes in.
The new TV show will premiere on Tuesday, April 1 at 9 P.M..
Watch the trailer here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4