'Fifty Shades' Jamie Dornan Plays Star-Crossed Lover in 'New Worlds,' Co-Star Freya Mavor Gushes About the Actor [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | March 21, 2014 3:01 PM EST
After his gritty role in BBC Two's crime drama "The Fall," "Fifty Shades of Grey" actor Jamie Dornan is taking on a role of a star-crossed lover in is his upcoming historical action drama "New Worlds." Co-star "Skin" actress Freya Mavor couldn't help to gush about the Northern Irish lad as she talks about working with him.
"They are classic star crossed lovers to start with but ultimately they can't help themselves - as we all know love is a very powerful thing!" Dornan explained in an interview with Entertainment Wise.
Playing as "a young, idealistic renegade who is very determined in his fight to make England a true republic," Dornan takes on a lighter role while taking a break for being Paul Spector. The actor recently wrapped up the production of his higly-anticipated movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" where he plays a kinky billionaire Christian Grey.
Best known for her role as Mini McGuinness, Scottish star Freya will play as Beth Fanshawe, Dornan's love interest. Sharing a few intimate scenes, the actress wasn't complaining about it and thinks the actor is brilliant.
"One of Jamie's brilliant traits is that he doesn't take himself too seriously. He takes the job seriously but he made being on set so much fun and between heartbreaking scenes we could goof around which was really easy," says Mavor. "We became great friends, which I think really helped us play Beth and Abe are not only in love but also see each other as comrades and support each other. And he is gorgeous which helps as well!"
Dornan also revealed that playing a romantic hero is a total breather from his "The Fall" character where he usually apologize to all female co-stars. Together with former "X-files" star Gillian Anderson, the actor is currently filming the crime series season 2 where he plays a psychopathic serial killer.
Dornan and Mavor will be playing the two lead star in Channel 4's new drama. "New Worlds" is the network's follow up to "The Devils Whore," where Mavor's character Beth had a chance encounter with roguish outlaw Abe Goffe (Dornan) and shake up everything she believes in.
The new TV show will premiere on Tuesday, April 1 at 9 P.M..
Watch the trailer here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide