'Fifty Shades' Jamie Dornan Plays Star-Crossed Lover in 'New Worlds,' Co-Star Freya Mavor Gushes About the Actor [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | March 21, 2014 3:01 PM EST
After his gritty role in BBC Two's crime drama "The Fall," "Fifty Shades of Grey" actor Jamie Dornan is taking on a role of a star-crossed lover in is his upcoming historical action drama "New Worlds." Co-star "Skin" actress Freya Mavor couldn't help to gush about the Northern Irish lad as she talks about working with him.
"They are classic star crossed lovers to start with but ultimately they can't help themselves - as we all know love is a very powerful thing!" Dornan explained in an interview with Entertainment Wise.
Playing as "a young, idealistic renegade who is very determined in his fight to make England a true republic," Dornan takes on a lighter role while taking a break for being Paul Spector. The actor recently wrapped up the production of his higly-anticipated movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" where he plays a kinky billionaire Christian Grey.
Best known for her role as Mini McGuinness, Scottish star Freya will play as Beth Fanshawe, Dornan's love interest. Sharing a few intimate scenes, the actress wasn't complaining about it and thinks the actor is brilliant.
"One of Jamie's brilliant traits is that he doesn't take himself too seriously. He takes the job seriously but he made being on set so much fun and between heartbreaking scenes we could goof around which was really easy," says Mavor. "We became great friends, which I think really helped us play Beth and Abe are not only in love but also see each other as comrades and support each other. And he is gorgeous which helps as well!"
Dornan also revealed that playing a romantic hero is a total breather from his "The Fall" character where he usually apologize to all female co-stars. Together with former "X-files" star Gillian Anderson, the actor is currently filming the crime series season 2 where he plays a psychopathic serial killer.
Dornan and Mavor will be playing the two lead star in Channel 4's new drama. "New Worlds" is the network's follow up to "The Devils Whore," where Mavor's character Beth had a chance encounter with roguish outlaw Abe Goffe (Dornan) and shake up everything she believes in.
The new TV show will premiere on Tuesday, April 1 at 9 P.M..
Watch the trailer here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report