'Battlefield 4' Shows Off Naval Strike Gameplay, Dragon’s Teeth Details; 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' Free Weekend Onslaught DLC
By Gel Galang | March 21, 2014 1:39 PM EST
Now that the "Battlefield 4" DLC Naval Strike has been dated for release on March 25, a new gameplay trailer has been released by DICE, to tease even more what players can anticipate in the coming days (if they're on Premium).
"Prepare for the ultimate sea-to-sea warfare as you'll be taking the intense and dramatic water-based combat introduced in Battlefield 4 to the next level. Pilot the new amphibious hovercraft vehicle through four all-new maps set in the South China Sea including Lost Islands, Nansha Strike, Wave Breaker and Operation Mortar," said DICE over at Battlefield.com.
Naval Strike will feature five new weapons, two additional gadgets, three grenade launchers and an Anti-Heli Mine, all of which will come in handy for the Carrier Assault game mode.
What's in Dragon's Teeth DLC?
After Naval Strike, it seems that the next DLC coming to "Battlefield 4" is Dragon's Teeth, and it will feature a two-handed ballistic shield. It seems that this shield is an effective way to stop bullets as a movable piece of cover.
According to Polygon, this was revealed by an animator from EA DICE during GDC, wherein the original plan for the weapon was revealed. At first, the team had tried a number of approaches in using a shield in the game that can also turn into a handgun. In addition, the constraints brought by last-gen console memory were also considered, thereby limiting the team's capabilities even more.
In the end, it was a battle between two-hands vs. a gun-wielding gladiator style approach, and this one won in the end: "It turns out that stopping bullets in a first-person shooter is a ton of fun. We're confident that it will create a new dynamic for the game," said Ryan Duffin, senior animator, at GDC, as quoted by Polygon.
Currently, there are no further details yet for Dragon's Teeth, but it already features an interesting approach to weapons.
Catch 'COD: Ghosts' Onslaught weekend
Fans of "Call of Duty: Ghosts" should take some time this weekend to sample the Onslaught DLC, which will be offered free for Xbox One and Xbox 360 users.
Activision is offering a trial version of the expansion, meaning players will have access to the four maps, Bayview, Containment, Fog and Ignition, all for free. GameSpot adds that the dual assault and sniper rifle Maverick will also be accessible during the trial.
Extinction will also be playable, at least the first chapter, since it's a four-part campaign.
Time exclusivity still applies, so after the trial is over for the Xbox, Activision has already announced that other platforms will also get to enjoy the free weekend demo soon. The trial will start this Friday and will run until Monday, so players best to get their game ready.
This isn't the first time that Activision has held a free demo, as it had previously offered the multiplayer of "Ghosts" through Xbox Live earlier this month. The previous demo gave fans access to three multiplayer maps and modes, as well as the original Extinction game mode, according to Cinema Blend.
Granted, it was nearing the release date of "Titanfall," which was previously said to be the "Call of Duty" killer, so it's understandable that the developers would want "COD" to remain top of mind—or at least, still in mind.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS