‘The Young and the Restless' Spoilers, Casting Update: Will Trevor St. John Replace Michael Muhney? Eric Braeden Teases What Lies Ahead
By jaskiran kaur | March 21, 2014 12:50 PM EST
Loyal fans of "The Young and the Restless" were left shocked when Michael Muhney was allegedly dismissed from the show. In the wake of his dismissal, his well-loved character, Adam Newman, was shown to have met an explosive accident. Since then, fans have been anxious about the character's future. Recently, in one of "Y&R" episodes, Victor Newman (Eric Braeden) confirmed that Adam Newman is not dead, assuring fans that Adam Newman will return to CBS' long-running show. Another looming question that fans need an answer for is what lies ahead for Victor Newman and Nikki. Here are few spoilers from "The Young and the Restless" as dished out by Eric Braeden and Adam Newman casting update.
[Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from "The Young and the Restless." Read only if you want to know more about the show.
'The Young and the Restless' Adam Newman Casting Update: Will Trevor St. John Replace Michael Muhney?
While fans are eager to see Adam Newman return to "The Young and the Restless," show makers are anxious to replace fan-favourite Michael Muhney with someone who "the audience will grow to love." Radar Online recently confirmed that CBS is conducting "active auditions" to recast Adam Newman in "Y&R."
Time and again, fans have voiced their opinion, letting the show makers know that they would not welcome any other actor in place of Michael Muhney as Adam Newman. But according to "The Young and the Restless" insiders, fan favourite Muhney will not be returning to the show after his firing over sexual harassment charges earlier this year," noted Christian Post.
Meanwhile, several media outlets have speculated that CBS is nervous about casting someone who bears resemblance with Michael Muhney for the Adam Newman role. According to latest reports, fans are now favouring "One Life to Live" alum Trevor St. John to take up the role. He is best known for his portrayal of Victor Lord Jr. in the soap opera. As noted by a Celebrity Dirty Laundry report, chances of Trevor St. John cast as Adam Newman in "Y & R" are "slim to none." The actor who resembles Michael Muhney in his "acting style," is reportedly currently working on a film titled "Grief of Others."
'The Young and the Restless' Spoilers: Eric Breaden Teases Victor Newman and Nikki's Future
Besides, Adam Newman's return and Michael Muhney's replacement, fans are also nervous about the future of Genoa City residents, especially the Newman Family. Eric Braedan who has played Victor Newman for a long time in "Y& R" talked about Victor and Nikki's future in an interview with TV Guide.
Victor and Nikki are going to celebrate yet another first anniversary of their fourth marriage on the March 24 episode. But their relationship has hit a bumpy road once again and tiffs between them seem never ending. He reveals that it may be shown that Nikki has had it with him, but in reality, he has had it with her.
He expressed his resentment about American popular culture that always portrays "the woman who has had it with the guy." He reveals he won't let that happen to his character in "The Young and the Restless." As for their future together, Eric Braeden reveals that despite of their ups and downs, "Victor and Nikki will always keep it going somehow. That's daytime drama. You get together, then break apart, then get back."
Furthermore, he revealed that he is not happy with how his character finds his entire family against him at one point in the show. He also disclosed that Victor Newman's famous "face-off" with Ian Ward original scene was greatly watered down. And he is not happy with it.
So, are you excited for much-awaited return of Adam Newman? Would you like to see Trevor St. John replacing Michael Muhney? Watch what's in the future of long-time couple in "The Young and the Restless." "Y&R" airs Monday through Friday on CBS.
For more spoilers on "The Young and the Restless," and Adam Newman character, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design