'The Originals' Episode 17 'Moon Over Bourbon Street' Recap/Spoilers: Elijah Unites Factions in New Orleans, Klaus Has a Different Plan
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 21, 2014 12:31 PM EST
Life continues for Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) after their sister Rebekah (Claire Holt) left New Orleans for good. However, the Mikaelson siblings must take action in putting the French Quarter in order from the chaos and conflict of the vampires, witches, werewolves and human faction.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains major spoilers on "The Originals" Episode 17 titled "Moon Over Bourbon Street." Klaus appears to be neglecting the responsibilities of leading his people as he spends his time painting and romancing the witch Genevieve (Elyse Levesque) so Elijah decided to take matters into his own hands to repair the crumbling city that they took from Marcel (Charles Michael Davis).
Father Kieran (Todd Stashwick) is getting worse from the witch's hex so he locked himself up knowing that he is not capable to lead the human faction. Because of that, new character Francesca (guest star Peta Sergeant) entered the picture.
The powerful woman met up with Elijah to offer help in uniting the factions with the blessing from really influential people. Then, the witches, werewolves, humans and vampires are all together in a party that Elijah and Klaus planned in an attempt to unite and make peace in their community.
At the party, Klaus embraces his werewolf side by offering the werewolf Jackson (Nathan Parson) a deal that he cannot refuse. The Original hybrid wants to give back the city that was taken away from the werewolves to ensure the safety of his unborn child.
A violent confrontation happened at the party as well but it came to the surprising end of finally uniting after Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) made a speech pointing out that the different factions should get over with their issues against each other.
Meanwhile, the exiled Marcel is determined to set up his own army to take back New Orleans from the Mikaelsons. His plan includes Davina's (Danielle Campbell) having a new path to being a powerful young witch and Cami (Leah Pipes) by his side.
Elijah succeeded in uniting the factions with a signed agreement but he has no idea of what his hybrid brother is up to. The elder Mikaelson stated in the ending scene that Klaus will lose if he wagers against him. "We'll see," Klaus muttered after Elijah walked away while looking at his finished painting of New Orleans with the Full Moon over it.
"The Originals" will be having another hiatus so fans must patiently wait for the next events to unfold particularly on this new conflict between Klaus and Elijah. The CW TV series is scheduled to return with Episode 18 on April 15, 2014.
More Articles to Read:
'The Originals' Spoilers: Klaus and Elijah Throw a Party, Synopsis and Promo Video Released for Episode 17 'Moon Over Bourbon Street' - [READ]
'The Originals' Claire Holt's Exit: Personal Decision to Leave as Series Regular, Co-Star Joseph Morgan Proud of Aussie Actress - [READ]
'The Originals' Episode 16 'Farewell to Storyville' Recap/Spoilers: Goodbye to an Original Vampire - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up