‘Jurassic World’: Who Is In & Who Is Out? Original Cast Will Not Return?
By Riza Ornos | March 21, 2014 12:12 PM EST
It's still more than a year away but the hype on "Jurassic Park's" fourth installment is getting louder as the original cast (Sam Neill who plays Alan Grant, Jeff Goldblum who plans Malcolm and Laura Dern who plays Ellie Sattler) were written out of "Jurassic World."
"I know a lot of fans want to see the original characters back," says director Colin Trevorrow. "They're iconic. But I respect those actors too much to shoehorn them into this story for my own sentimental reasons. Jurassic Park isn't about the bad luck of three people who keep getting thrown into the same situation. The only reason they'd go back to that island is if the screenwriters contrived a reason for them to go."
But with the three central characters gone, original cast BD Wong who plays scientist Henry Wu will reprise his role, and this time he will be appreciated for all his work and sacrifices in Jurassic Park. "He spent two decades living in Hammond's shadow, underappreciated. We think there's more to his story," revealed Trevorrow of his plans of enhancing the role of Wong.
Penned to be released for June 2015, "Jurassic World" is still under the supervision of its original director Steven Spielberg who will produce the dinosaur-park franchise. With the dinosaurs' continuous evolution, Trevorrow also revealed when news broke out about feathered dinosaurs that he sticking with the initially created rules than try to keep pace with second-guess reality.
JP4 also insist the upcoming dinosaur movie is not a "reboot," but a continuation of the previous movies. With Sam Neill out of the picture, Chris Pratt is cast as a lead playing the role of Owen, a rugged ex-military who will finds himself in the middle of a dinosaur-filled park.
"Jurassic Park was really kind of my Star Wars. I lined up at the theatre to see it, I saw it opening night, I saw every sequel, I've seen it a whole bunch of times..." says the "Zero Dark Thirty" actor in an interview posted in RadioTimes.com. "For me that was my big movie, I think I was 13 or 14 when it came out, and so it's a big deal for me to be any part of that, let alone this part I'm going to be playing. I'm thrilled about it."
The movie's location will be in Hawaii's Oahu and Kauai, before they will move their production set to Lousiana. "Jurassic World" will also star "Mandela: A Long Way to Freedom" actor Idris Alba and Bryce Dallas Howard.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date