‘Jurassic World’: Who Is In & Who Is Out? Original Cast Will Not Return?
By Riza Ornos | March 21, 2014 12:12 PM EST
It's still more than a year away but the hype on "Jurassic Park's" fourth installment is getting louder as the original cast (Sam Neill who plays Alan Grant, Jeff Goldblum who plans Malcolm and Laura Dern who plays Ellie Sattler) were written out of "Jurassic World."
"I know a lot of fans want to see the original characters back," says director Colin Trevorrow. "They're iconic. But I respect those actors too much to shoehorn them into this story for my own sentimental reasons. Jurassic Park isn't about the bad luck of three people who keep getting thrown into the same situation. The only reason they'd go back to that island is if the screenwriters contrived a reason for them to go."
But with the three central characters gone, original cast BD Wong who plays scientist Henry Wu will reprise his role, and this time he will be appreciated for all his work and sacrifices in Jurassic Park. "He spent two decades living in Hammond's shadow, underappreciated. We think there's more to his story," revealed Trevorrow of his plans of enhancing the role of Wong.
Penned to be released for June 2015, "Jurassic World" is still under the supervision of its original director Steven Spielberg who will produce the dinosaur-park franchise. With the dinosaurs' continuous evolution, Trevorrow also revealed when news broke out about feathered dinosaurs that he sticking with the initially created rules than try to keep pace with second-guess reality.
JP4 also insist the upcoming dinosaur movie is not a "reboot," but a continuation of the previous movies. With Sam Neill out of the picture, Chris Pratt is cast as a lead playing the role of Owen, a rugged ex-military who will finds himself in the middle of a dinosaur-filled park.
"Jurassic Park was really kind of my Star Wars. I lined up at the theatre to see it, I saw it opening night, I saw every sequel, I've seen it a whole bunch of times..." says the "Zero Dark Thirty" actor in an interview posted in RadioTimes.com. "For me that was my big movie, I think I was 13 or 14 when it came out, and so it's a big deal for me to be any part of that, let alone this part I'm going to be playing. I'm thrilled about it."
The movie's location will be in Hawaii's Oahu and Kauai, before they will move their production set to Lousiana. "Jurassic World" will also star "Mandela: A Long Way to Freedom" actor Idris Alba and Bryce Dallas Howard.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install