Lorde Caught with Zayn Malik iPhone Case: A True Blue 'Directioner?'
By Diadem Pambid | March 21, 2014 11:51 AM EST
"Directioners" may clearly recall the rumoured diss the Grammy Award winning singer, Lorde, had for their beloved British boy band back in 2013. According to reports, the New Zealand called the boys "overrated" while some sources claim she had dubbed them "ugly." Well, it seems the past is in the past given the "Royals" singer was spotted with an iPhone case with none other than the handsome Zayn Malik on it.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
Now, how would Perrie Edwards of Little Mix react to Lorde's iPhone case? Recent reports show a photo of Lorde holding up her phone and the noticeable part of the photo is her iPhone case. It is none other than Zayn Malik of One Direction, Perrie Edwards husband-to-be. Check out the photo here.
However, before fans jump on the bandwagon claiming Lorde is a true-blue "Directioner." The "Team" singer took to Twitter to trample down on the claims she's a fan of the British boy band. According to Lorde, the phone in the photo isn't hers and she was simply putting in her number for a friend's phone. Of course, some people say otherwise.
Does Lorde still think the boys of 1D are overrated and ugly? Back in 2013, the songstress had dissed the boys in a report by Ocean Up where she allegedly stated: "One Direction are pretty overrated and their music isn't really good I find it odd they're famous. I have pretty strong morals and opinions being in pop music, and I can't help but express those, which I think people appreciate. I mean, I don't think I say anything that isn't backed up. Most of the time I will stand by things that I've said."
Representatives of the singer had already slammed the reports claiming it was a fabricated story. Of course, this didn't stop "Directioners" from being equally mean to the singer. The fans of the boy band took to Twitter to send racist and hurtful tweets to Lorde about her boyfriend, James Lowe.
With one story to the next, it's hard to say that things are ever going to be good between One Direction and Lorde. It doesn't help that she's BFF's with Taylor Swift, one of the ex-girlfriends of 1D's Harry Styles.
As for the phone case with Zayn Malik on it, was it really Lorde's or that of her friend?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports