Lorde Caught with Zayn Malik iPhone Case: A True Blue 'Directioner?'
By Diadem Pambid | March 21, 2014 11:51 AM EST
"Directioners" may clearly recall the rumoured diss the Grammy Award winning singer, Lorde, had for their beloved British boy band back in 2013. According to reports, the New Zealand called the boys "overrated" while some sources claim she had dubbed them "ugly." Well, it seems the past is in the past given the "Royals" singer was spotted with an iPhone case with none other than the handsome Zayn Malik on it.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
Now, how would Perrie Edwards of Little Mix react to Lorde's iPhone case? Recent reports show a photo of Lorde holding up her phone and the noticeable part of the photo is her iPhone case. It is none other than Zayn Malik of One Direction, Perrie Edwards husband-to-be. Check out the photo here.
However, before fans jump on the bandwagon claiming Lorde is a true-blue "Directioner." The "Team" singer took to Twitter to trample down on the claims she's a fan of the British boy band. According to Lorde, the phone in the photo isn't hers and she was simply putting in her number for a friend's phone. Of course, some people say otherwise.
Does Lorde still think the boys of 1D are overrated and ugly? Back in 2013, the songstress had dissed the boys in a report by Ocean Up where she allegedly stated: "One Direction are pretty overrated and their music isn't really good I find it odd they're famous. I have pretty strong morals and opinions being in pop music, and I can't help but express those, which I think people appreciate. I mean, I don't think I say anything that isn't backed up. Most of the time I will stand by things that I've said."
Representatives of the singer had already slammed the reports claiming it was a fabricated story. Of course, this didn't stop "Directioners" from being equally mean to the singer. The fans of the boy band took to Twitter to send racist and hurtful tweets to Lorde about her boyfriend, James Lowe.
With one story to the next, it's hard to say that things are ever going to be good between One Direction and Lorde. It doesn't help that she's BFF's with Taylor Swift, one of the ex-girlfriends of 1D's Harry Styles.
As for the phone case with Zayn Malik on it, was it really Lorde's or that of her friend?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown