‘Divergent’s' Theo James Doesn’t Want to be Defined by His Role as ‘Four’ in Veronica Roth's Best-Selling Book
By charmaine corne clutton | March 21, 2014 11:41 AM EST
Stars that usually make it to the big screen from starring in movie adaptations are usually defined by the characters they have played. A good example would be Robert Pattinson who carries wherever his role as the vampire, Edward Cullen. Daniel Radcliffe also has the trouble of shying away from his well-known role as the "boy who lived," Harry Potter.
Despite them gaining fame from their roles, Theo James who will be playing the role of "Four" in the upcoming post-apocalyptic movie adaptation of the bestselling book, "Divergent," doesn't want to be defined and known as his character in the movie adaptation of the novel.
Well, he has a good reason for not wanting to be defined by his role. There are many celebrities who would rather be known for other things then the roles they have played such as Charlie Hunnam who turned down the role of billionaire, sadist and masochist, Christian Grey. The role was turned over to Jamie Dornan, former Calvin Klein model and series actor.
Theo James has starred in movies alongside, Kate Beckinsale in "Underworld: the Awakening," where played a vampire. In an interview with Buzzfeed, the actor talked about his career and how he doesn't want "Divergent" to define him as an actor.
"You know, some people do get this huge thing, and it's a bang that kind of changes their life. ... In terms of breaks, in a funny way, I haven't felt like one thing has done anything specific [for my career]. It feels likes I've just been kind of incrementally moving up," stated James.
In "Divergent," Theo stars alongside Shailene Woodley who mentioned that he is a great kisser. In fact, Shailene has kept gushing about this in most of her interviews.
Theo James will also be in the other two movies of the bestselling trilogy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier