HTC One Sense 6 Interface Leaked in Video; Another ‘Best Designed’ Phone Coming Up?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 21, 2014 11:14 AM EST
HTC is a lot punctual releasing its HTC One 2014 model. In contrast with Sony Xperia Z2 which reported series of delays, HTC will hit stores just minutes after its premiere. HTC fans in London and New York will get the first taste of the new flagship that will be announced in both cities simultaneously on March 25, 2014.
An attendee tests the new HTC One during a launch event in New York, February 19, 2013.
Most Beautiful Phone of 2014?
The HTC One M8, which is more popular as HTC One 2014, is speculated to be the most gorgeous phone to be unveiled in the mobile market this year. If so, the results will not be surprising though, considering HTC's attention to design details that made it win the best designed smartphone in 2013 for last year's edition of HTC One.
HTC One M8 More Powerful with Sense 6 Software
While the HTC One design have been leaked numerous times and pleased lots of tech geeks with its sleek look, HTC has more to offer this time, focusing on software that is missed by other Smartphone brands.
A leaked video in YouTube which was deleted afterwards did not fail to make headlines for avid HTC watchers. The leak features HTC's Sense 6 updated software that—if the video is accurate—is meant to revamp the phone's interface. The video shows a new design language of HTC coming with a stripped-down approach as noted by CNET.
Few enhancements are visible with its new themes, as well as the "double-tap-to-wake" feature, which, on the other hand, is already offered by LG handsets. The HTC Sense 6.0 UI comes with a new music player and a screen for multi-tasking. The smartphone may also include a microSD card slot which was not included in HTC One's previous models.
Other Leaked Features to Watch For
Design-wise, the new HTC One did not changed too much compared to the M7 of 2013. A tweak in the camera is notable though, with dual-camera lens to support 3-D capture. The M8 features a 5-inch full-HD display screen and 2.3-GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor which is the same chip found in other new flagships like Samsung Galaxy 5 and Sony Xperia Z2. Music lovers will be delighted with HTC One's upgraded BoomSound speakers.
The HTC One M8 will come in silver, grey and gold colours with a price tag of AUD 840 for the Australian market.
Other smartphones to watch this 2014:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft