Pierce Brosnan on ‘A Long Way Down’ Co-Star: ‘Aaron Paul is the rock star of his day’ [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | March 21, 2014 11:08 AM EST
After wrapping "Need for Speed," the actor recently hits theaters for the premiere of his adrenalin-pumping movie. Best known for his role as Jesse Pinkman in the critically acclaimed drama series "Breaking Bad," Paul tackles a different role in his upcoming big screen project "A Long Way Down."
Aaron Paul kisses the Emmy award for outstanding supporting actor for a drama series for his role in "Breaking Bad" at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles
Based on Nick Hornby's 2005 novel, "A Long Way Down" is a story about four strangers who happen to meet on the roof of a London building on New Year's Ever, each with the intention to end their lives on that moment. Of course, their plans of having a graceful and quiet exit was ruined when they meet each other and decided to come down from the roof alive.
Pierce Brosnan plays as Martin Sharp, a former TV host plagued by a sex scandal, Aaron Paul as J.J. Maguire, Toni Collette as Maureen Thompson and Imogen Poots as Jess Crichton. Directed by Pascal Chaumeil, "A Long Way Down" premiered in Berlin last Feb. 10.
The former "James Bond" actor couldn't help to gush about his co-stars and how he rocked out to Radiohead with the "hip" "Breaking Bad" actor. "I'd known of Nick Hornby's work, so when my agent called me, I read this script and really enjoyed it," Brosnan revealed in an interview with Digital Spy.
"The project had all the ingredients - Nick Hornby, [director] Pascal Chaumeil, the wonderful, brilliant, gorgeous Toni, and then Imogen - whose work I investigated and loved - and also of course Aaron Paul - the rock star of his day," he added. "I thought, fantastic, I'm in. I loved the part of Martin, he made me laugh. There was a kind of sadness to him, but I did like the comedy element, the comedic side to him - he's Sharp by name but not the sharpest knife in the drawer!
The actor also revealed that the relationship of the cast became very close that they managed to stay in touch after the film wrapped up. Each having a strong respect and admiration for each other which makes the film a joy to watch.
Click here for the trailer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy