Pierce Brosnan on ‘A Long Way Down’ Co-Star: ‘Aaron Paul is the rock star of his day’ [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | March 21, 2014 11:08 AM EST
After wrapping "Need for Speed," the actor recently hits theaters for the premiere of his adrenalin-pumping movie. Best known for his role as Jesse Pinkman in the critically acclaimed drama series "Breaking Bad," Paul tackles a different role in his upcoming big screen project "A Long Way Down."
Aaron Paul kisses the Emmy award for outstanding supporting actor for a drama series for his role in "Breaking Bad" at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles
Based on Nick Hornby's 2005 novel, "A Long Way Down" is a story about four strangers who happen to meet on the roof of a London building on New Year's Ever, each with the intention to end their lives on that moment. Of course, their plans of having a graceful and quiet exit was ruined when they meet each other and decided to come down from the roof alive.
Pierce Brosnan plays as Martin Sharp, a former TV host plagued by a sex scandal, Aaron Paul as J.J. Maguire, Toni Collette as Maureen Thompson and Imogen Poots as Jess Crichton. Directed by Pascal Chaumeil, "A Long Way Down" premiered in Berlin last Feb. 10.
The former "James Bond" actor couldn't help to gush about his co-stars and how he rocked out to Radiohead with the "hip" "Breaking Bad" actor. "I'd known of Nick Hornby's work, so when my agent called me, I read this script and really enjoyed it," Brosnan revealed in an interview with Digital Spy.
"The project had all the ingredients - Nick Hornby, [director] Pascal Chaumeil, the wonderful, brilliant, gorgeous Toni, and then Imogen - whose work I investigated and loved - and also of course Aaron Paul - the rock star of his day," he added. "I thought, fantastic, I'm in. I loved the part of Martin, he made me laugh. There was a kind of sadness to him, but I did like the comedy element, the comedic side to him - he's Sharp by name but not the sharpest knife in the drawer!
The actor also revealed that the relationship of the cast became very close that they managed to stay in touch after the film wrapped up. Each having a strong respect and admiration for each other which makes the film a joy to watch.
Click here for the trailer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports