Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Coach Thinks Bradley Still Suffering from Concussion by Provodnikov’s Punch
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 21, 2014 10:47 AM EST
Coach Freddie Roach, the trainer of eight-division titleholder Manny Pacquiao, lashed back at American boxer Timothy Bradley for saying that his ward no longer has the killer instinct.
"For Bradley to say 'Manny doesn't have the hunger anymore' ... that tells me that Bradley is still suffering from the concussion Provodnikov laid on him," Boxing Scene quoted Roach.
Roach added, quoted by the Los Angeles Times, "Manny's not the kind of guy who gets too [ticked] off, but that really made him not like Bradley ... He disrespected Manny. Instead of saying the first fight was close ... to say, 'You've lost that killer instinct and I'm going to beat you ...'"
The Hall of Fame trainer said that Manny actually started the week training at the Wild Card Gym in Los Angeles a little slow due to jet lag, but he finished off strongly on Saturday. Roach described Pacquiao's sparring session as brilliant, his footwork effortless, hand speed blazing and power good "as it's ever been."
Returning to Pacquiao's first match with n June 5, 2012, Roach said that it was so easy for Manny that he became complacent after six rounds, only to be surprised by the judges declaring the bout in favour of Bradley.
He said that for the April 12 rematch, their mantra is "Close the show and No Mercy. "And when it is over it is going to be as world champion," Roach said.
The much-awaited battle for the World Boxing Organisation (WBO) welterweight title will be held at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada on April 12.
Pacquiao's last knock out was seven fights ago when he defeated Miguel Cotto in November 2009.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'