Liverpool FC Transfer News: Brother of Bayern Star Winger Reveals Possible Anfield Summer Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 21, 2014 5:52 AM EST
The brother of Bayern Munich star winger, Xherdan Shaqiri, revealed that the latter might be seen moving to Liverpool this coming summer.
“Xherdan is 22. At this age, he needs to be playing regularly, which is not currently the case." - Erdin Shaqiri
As previously reported by IBT Sport, the 22-year-old found it hard to settle in with the Bavaria-based outfit after joining them in 2012.
He is preferred by Bayern boss Pep Guardiola to come off the bench or fill in vacant slots in case of fatigue or injury to fellow attackers Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery, and Mario Gotze.
The Swiss international only featured 11 times as a starter in all competitions, eight of which was in the Bundesliga, but impressively producing 6 goals and 2 assists.
Shaqiri showed promise when he was still with Basel, leading the RotBlau to three Swiss Super League crown, while helping them achieve a historic feat by progressing to the knockout phase during the 2011/12 season.
Meanwhile, his sibling Erdin feels that Xherdan is not getting his due from the Bundesliga champions, and believes that it may be time for him to move on.
"Xherdan is 22. At this age, he needs to be playing regularly, which is not currently the case," Erdin told Blick.
"We are waiting now until summer. Then, when clubs make approaches such as Liverpool, Manchester United, Inter Milan and other top clubs, we can listen to their offers."
"That said, Bayern still remains our first point of contact before we talk to other clubs."
The former Swiss Player of the Year remains tied with Die Roten until 2016, and suggested to cost interested suitors £17million.
But with Champions League qualification almost certain for Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers might be given the luxury of splashing out cash to further strengthen his squad's attacking line.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy