Liverpool FC Transfer News: Brother of Bayern Star Winger Reveals Possible Anfield Summer Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 21, 2014 5:52 AM EST
The brother of Bayern Munich star winger, Xherdan Shaqiri, revealed that the latter might be seen moving to Liverpool this coming summer.
“Xherdan is 22. At this age, he needs to be playing regularly, which is not currently the case." - Erdin Shaqiri
As previously reported by IBT Sport, the 22-year-old found it hard to settle in with the Bavaria-based outfit after joining them in 2012.
He is preferred by Bayern boss Pep Guardiola to come off the bench or fill in vacant slots in case of fatigue or injury to fellow attackers Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery, and Mario Gotze.
The Swiss international only featured 11 times as a starter in all competitions, eight of which was in the Bundesliga, but impressively producing 6 goals and 2 assists.
Shaqiri showed promise when he was still with Basel, leading the RotBlau to three Swiss Super League crown, while helping them achieve a historic feat by progressing to the knockout phase during the 2011/12 season.
Meanwhile, his sibling Erdin feels that Xherdan is not getting his due from the Bundesliga champions, and believes that it may be time for him to move on.
"Xherdan is 22. At this age, he needs to be playing regularly, which is not currently the case," Erdin told Blick.
"We are waiting now until summer. Then, when clubs make approaches such as Liverpool, Manchester United, Inter Milan and other top clubs, we can listen to their offers."
"That said, Bayern still remains our first point of contact before we talk to other clubs."
The former Swiss Player of the Year remains tied with Die Roten until 2016, and suggested to cost interested suitors £17million.
But with Champions League qualification almost certain for Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers might be given the luxury of splashing out cash to further strengthen his squad's attacking line.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air