Arsenal FC Transfer News: Southampton Figure Disclosed Dream Move to The Emirates
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 21, 2014 4:36 AM EST
Southampton defensive midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin has made it known to the public that it is his "dream" to join a prestigious club like Arsenal.
Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin disclosed his desire to join Arsenal
Arsenal FC Transfer News: Replacement for Outgoing Veteran Found as Gunners Line Up Move for Villa Defender
Chelsea FC Transfer News: Monaco Plots Summer Raid on Blues Striker Reveals Agent, Rules Out Falcao as Leverage
"Arsenal? I have three year contract, so it will not be easy. It is also my dream to one day play at a great club, so why not?" Schneiderlin told Foot Mercato.
The Frenchman joined the Saints in 2008 from RC Strasbourg when the latter were still plying their trade in the League One.
He has since remained loyal to the club, stuck with them until they achieved promotion to the Premier League in 2012, and as a result, he became a sort of a figure at St. Mary's Stadium.
The 24-year-old is, currently, enjoying regular first-team football under the tutelage of Mauricio Pochettino, starting 28 of the 30 instances that he was seen on the pitch this season.
Schneiderlin, who is reported to be contemplating on representing England because of his qualification, last tasted international football when he represented France's under-21 squad, but has been snubbed time and again in the seniors division.
However, the tides may soon change, should the Gunners take advantage of his disclosed interest to move to north London.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related