Arsenal FC Transfer News: Southampton Figure Disclosed Dream Move to The Emirates
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 21, 2014 4:36 AM EST
Southampton defensive midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin has made it known to the public that it is his "dream" to join a prestigious club like Arsenal.
Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin disclosed his desire to join Arsenal
Arsenal FC Transfer News: Replacement for Outgoing Veteran Found as Gunners Line Up Move for Villa Defender
Chelsea FC Transfer News: Monaco Plots Summer Raid on Blues Striker Reveals Agent, Rules Out Falcao as Leverage
"Arsenal? I have three year contract, so it will not be easy. It is also my dream to one day play at a great club, so why not?" Schneiderlin told Foot Mercato.
The Frenchman joined the Saints in 2008 from RC Strasbourg when the latter were still plying their trade in the League One.
He has since remained loyal to the club, stuck with them until they achieved promotion to the Premier League in 2012, and as a result, he became a sort of a figure at St. Mary's Stadium.
The 24-year-old is, currently, enjoying regular first-team football under the tutelage of Mauricio Pochettino, starting 28 of the 30 instances that he was seen on the pitch this season.
Schneiderlin, who is reported to be contemplating on representing England because of his qualification, last tasted international football when he represented France's under-21 squad, but has been snubbed time and again in the seniors division.
However, the tides may soon change, should the Gunners take advantage of his disclosed interest to move to north London.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Emmys 2014 Projected Winners: Betting Odds Favour “Orange is the New Black”, “Breaking Bad”
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza