Arsenal FC Transfer News: Southampton Figure Disclosed Dream Move to The Emirates
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 21, 2014 4:36 AM EST
Southampton defensive midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin has made it known to the public that it is his "dream" to join a prestigious club like Arsenal.
Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin disclosed his desire to join Arsenal
Arsenal FC Transfer News: Replacement for Outgoing Veteran Found as Gunners Line Up Move for Villa Defender
Chelsea FC Transfer News: Monaco Plots Summer Raid on Blues Striker Reveals Agent, Rules Out Falcao as Leverage
"Arsenal? I have three year contract, so it will not be easy. It is also my dream to one day play at a great club, so why not?" Schneiderlin told Foot Mercato.
The Frenchman joined the Saints in 2008 from RC Strasbourg when the latter were still plying their trade in the League One.
He has since remained loyal to the club, stuck with them until they achieved promotion to the Premier League in 2012, and as a result, he became a sort of a figure at St. Mary's Stadium.
The 24-year-old is, currently, enjoying regular first-team football under the tutelage of Mauricio Pochettino, starting 28 of the 30 instances that he was seen on the pitch this season.
Schneiderlin, who is reported to be contemplating on representing England because of his qualification, last tasted international football when he represented France's under-21 squad, but has been snubbed time and again in the seniors division.
However, the tides may soon change, should the Gunners take advantage of his disclosed interest to move to north London.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles