Arsenal FC Transfer News: Southampton Figure Disclosed Dream Move to The Emirates
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 21, 2014 4:36 AM EST
Southampton defensive midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin has made it known to the public that it is his "dream" to join a prestigious club like Arsenal.
Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin disclosed his desire to join Arsenal
Arsenal FC Transfer News: Replacement for Outgoing Veteran Found as Gunners Line Up Move for Villa Defender
Chelsea FC Transfer News: Monaco Plots Summer Raid on Blues Striker Reveals Agent, Rules Out Falcao as Leverage
"Arsenal? I have three year contract, so it will not be easy. It is also my dream to one day play at a great club, so why not?" Schneiderlin told Foot Mercato.
The Frenchman joined the Saints in 2008 from RC Strasbourg when the latter were still plying their trade in the League One.
He has since remained loyal to the club, stuck with them until they achieved promotion to the Premier League in 2012, and as a result, he became a sort of a figure at St. Mary's Stadium.
The 24-year-old is, currently, enjoying regular first-team football under the tutelage of Mauricio Pochettino, starting 28 of the 30 instances that he was seen on the pitch this season.
Schneiderlin, who is reported to be contemplating on representing England because of his qualification, last tasted international football when he represented France's under-21 squad, but has been snubbed time and again in the seniors division.
However, the tides may soon change, should the Gunners take advantage of his disclosed interest to move to north London.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports