Arsenal FC Transfer News: Southampton Figure Disclosed Dream Move to The Emirates
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 21, 2014 4:36 AM EST
Southampton defensive midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin has made it known to the public that it is his "dream" to join a prestigious club like Arsenal.
Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin disclosed his desire to join Arsenal
Arsenal FC Transfer News: Replacement for Outgoing Veteran Found as Gunners Line Up Move for Villa Defender
Chelsea FC Transfer News: Monaco Plots Summer Raid on Blues Striker Reveals Agent, Rules Out Falcao as Leverage
"Arsenal? I have three year contract, so it will not be easy. It is also my dream to one day play at a great club, so why not?" Schneiderlin told Foot Mercato.
The Frenchman joined the Saints in 2008 from RC Strasbourg when the latter were still plying their trade in the League One.
He has since remained loyal to the club, stuck with them until they achieved promotion to the Premier League in 2012, and as a result, he became a sort of a figure at St. Mary's Stadium.
The 24-year-old is, currently, enjoying regular first-team football under the tutelage of Mauricio Pochettino, starting 28 of the 30 instances that he was seen on the pitch this season.
Schneiderlin, who is reported to be contemplating on representing England because of his qualification, last tasted international football when he represented France's under-21 squad, but has been snubbed time and again in the seniors division.
However, the tides may soon change, should the Gunners take advantage of his disclosed interest to move to north London.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery