Arsenal FC Transfer News: Replacement for Outgoing Veteran Found as Gunners Line Up Move for Villa Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 21, 2014 2:10 AM EST
Arsenal are in the works for a surprise move to acquire Aston Villa defender Leandro Bacuna, who will take the place of outgoing veteran Bacary Sagna.
Arsenal are lining up a move for Aston Villa defender Leandro Bacuna
Chelsea FC Transfer News: Monaco Plots Summer Raid on Blues Striker Reveals Agent, Rules Out Falcao as Leverage
The Gunners have yet to pan out a new agreement to make the exiting French right-back stay at the Emirates, with his contract due to expire this coming summer.
The 31-year-old is looking to make the most out of the last possible lucrative deal in his career, demanding £90,000 a week in wages for three years along with a £6million sign-on fee.
However, the north London club are understood to be hesitant to give in to Sagna's demands, setting up contingency measures in the past, which involved Everton's Seamus Coleman and Dortmund's Lukasz Piszczek, that did not turn out to be successful.
Meanwhile, the 22-year-old Bacuna has shown promise after starring for the Holland's under-21 squad, while proving himself to be a vital part of Villa's run in the Premier League this season, finding the back of the net 5 times and turning provider once in 22 starts of 27 appearances.
The former Groningen man also brings versatility to the table as he is able to operate in the middle of the park, centrally or on the right side.
Bacuna is suggested to be valued at around £2million, but such figure is expected to rise significantly because of a fantastic first-year campaign in England's top-flight.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles