Arsenal FC Transfer News: Replacement for Outgoing Veteran Found as Gunners Line Up Move for Villa Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 21, 2014 2:10 AM EST
Arsenal are in the works for a surprise move to acquire Aston Villa defender Leandro Bacuna, who will take the place of outgoing veteran Bacary Sagna.
Arsenal are lining up a move for Aston Villa defender Leandro Bacuna
Chelsea FC Transfer News: Monaco Plots Summer Raid on Blues Striker Reveals Agent, Rules Out Falcao as Leverage
The Gunners have yet to pan out a new agreement to make the exiting French right-back stay at the Emirates, with his contract due to expire this coming summer.
The 31-year-old is looking to make the most out of the last possible lucrative deal in his career, demanding £90,000 a week in wages for three years along with a £6million sign-on fee.
However, the north London club are understood to be hesitant to give in to Sagna's demands, setting up contingency measures in the past, which involved Everton's Seamus Coleman and Dortmund's Lukasz Piszczek, that did not turn out to be successful.
Meanwhile, the 22-year-old Bacuna has shown promise after starring for the Holland's under-21 squad, while proving himself to be a vital part of Villa's run in the Premier League this season, finding the back of the net 5 times and turning provider once in 22 starts of 27 appearances.
The former Groningen man also brings versatility to the table as he is able to operate in the middle of the park, centrally or on the right side.
Bacuna is suggested to be valued at around £2million, but such figure is expected to rise significantly because of a fantastic first-year campaign in England's top-flight.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies