Motorola's Moto 360 Smartwatch: Extremely Difficult to Manufacture, Limited Availability
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 21, 2014 1:11 AM EST
Motorola has released a video and pictures of upcoming Moto 360 smartwatch. Everyone started praising the chic and rich design of the watch.
Motorola Moto 360 (credit: Motorola)
The "round" dial became an instant hit. Motorola revealed the device would be built with premium materials. The watch almost looked like a fashionable luxury item.
Notably, there are two wristband variants to choose from such as leather and metal.
You can click this link to read about the features of Moto 360.
Motorola's Moto 360 did not leave any stone unturned to set itself apart in this space by showcasing a round watch design. Other smartwatch makers have been offering rectangular or square designs due to logical impediments.
The circular components or round dials make them extremely difficult to manufacture in large quantities. Motorola might have to endure a limited supply in all the countries it plans to launch the smartwatch. The other significant option is to cut back on launch locations, CNet claimed.
According to reports, the circular components and boards are currently not very common and the chips required for the watches are not designed to get accommodated in small circular housings.
Motorola Moto 360 is believed to launch this summer in the U.S., followed by other countries. Motorola did not shed light on the pricing or the features department. So we might have to wait a little more to gain access to those details.
Could this smartwatch be the game changer in the wearable devices sphere? Are you planning on buying Moto 360?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft