Motorola's Moto 360 Smartwatch: Extremely Difficult to Manufacture, Limited Availability
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 21, 2014 1:11 AM EST
Motorola has released a video and pictures of upcoming Moto 360 smartwatch. Everyone started praising the chic and rich design of the watch.
Motorola Moto 360 (credit: Motorola)
The "round" dial became an instant hit. Motorola revealed the device would be built with premium materials. The watch almost looked like a fashionable luxury item.
Notably, there are two wristband variants to choose from such as leather and metal.
You can click this link to read about the features of Moto 360.
Motorola's Moto 360 did not leave any stone unturned to set itself apart in this space by showcasing a round watch design. Other smartwatch makers have been offering rectangular or square designs due to logical impediments.
The circular components or round dials make them extremely difficult to manufacture in large quantities. Motorola might have to endure a limited supply in all the countries it plans to launch the smartwatch. The other significant option is to cut back on launch locations, CNet claimed.
According to reports, the circular components and boards are currently not very common and the chips required for the watches are not designed to get accommodated in small circular housings.
Motorola Moto 360 is believed to launch this summer in the U.S., followed by other countries. Motorola did not shed light on the pricing or the features department. So we might have to wait a little more to gain access to those details.
Could this smartwatch be the game changer in the wearable devices sphere? Are you planning on buying Moto 360?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes