Motorola's Moto 360 Smartwatch: Extremely Difficult to Manufacture, Limited Availability
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 21, 2014 1:11 AM EST
Motorola has released a video and pictures of upcoming Moto 360 smartwatch. Everyone started praising the chic and rich design of the watch.
Motorola Moto 360 (credit: Motorola)
The "round" dial became an instant hit. Motorola revealed the device would be built with premium materials. The watch almost looked like a fashionable luxury item.
Notably, there are two wristband variants to choose from such as leather and metal.
You can click this link to read about the features of Moto 360.
Motorola's Moto 360 did not leave any stone unturned to set itself apart in this space by showcasing a round watch design. Other smartwatch makers have been offering rectangular or square designs due to logical impediments.
The circular components or round dials make them extremely difficult to manufacture in large quantities. Motorola might have to endure a limited supply in all the countries it plans to launch the smartwatch. The other significant option is to cut back on launch locations, CNet claimed.
According to reports, the circular components and boards are currently not very common and the chips required for the watches are not designed to get accommodated in small circular housings.
Motorola Moto 360 is believed to launch this summer in the U.S., followed by other countries. Motorola did not shed light on the pricing or the features department. So we might have to wait a little more to gain access to those details.
Could this smartwatch be the game changer in the wearable devices sphere? Are you planning on buying Moto 360?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists