Apple iPhone 6 Release With Big Screen to Win Over Android: Samsung And Sony No Match For Apple
By Precious Silva | March 21, 2014 1:06 AM EST
Apple will launch iPhone 6, its next flagship phone, soon. According to latest reports, Apple will release two versions of the device: 4.7-inch and 5.7-inch.
A woman tries the silver colored version of the new iPhone 5S after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
Analysts believe Apple can boost up production and sales every year if it will start diversifying. According to Brian Marshall, analyst under ISI Group, iPhone users go through "large-screen envy" with other Android devices.
The Apple Insider obtained a note to investors from the analyst. According to Marshall, a larger screen will mean better and more crucial upgrades for iPhone users. Also, it can increase the conversion rate from Android to Apple.
Marshall predicts the existing iPhone series has about 260 million users. This sums up the total of iPhone sales for the past seven quarters. The analyst also predicts that over 50 percent of iPhone sales at the moment will become upgrades. This means Apple can ensure that whoever buys it existing mobile device today will likely upgrade to what they will offer next. It should be good news for the tech giant.
The prediction also notes around 9 percent of the current iPhone users will change to a better model every quarter on the average. The analyst thinks the market of iPhone products declined over the years. This may be due to more competitors and similar offerings.
During peak quarters, the analyst believes that up to 14 percent of current iPhone users choose to switch to a new mobile phone. He thinks the same trend will hit Apple's iPhone 6. It will be the mark of change for many users. The percentage of who will upgrade may even go beyond 14 percent, according to the report.
The analyst believes Apple can cater better to the smartphone market by releasing two new models. Also, the forecast indicated Apple's earnings per share will reach up to $3.00. The tech giant has not released any official statements of what people can expect from iPhone 6.
For more information about the iPhone 6, check out this video.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members