Chris Brown Jail Update: Singer Not Eating or Sleeping but Talks to Himself; Is He Battling Depression?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 21, 2014 12:12 AM EST
Chris Brown is in jail for a month-long sentence but it looks like the singer is already losing it as reports have emerged, indicating that Brown is not eating or sleeping properly.
Reportedly, he has been drinking only water and orange juice given to him. Brown is said to be dissatisfied with the food, and an insider revealed that Brown would not “even let his dogs eat” eat the food that is served in jail.
Singer Chris Brown appears for a probation progress hearing at the Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center in Los Angeles, California.
The singer, who was arrested and put behind bars for violating his probation terms by getting himself kicked out of a Malibu rehabilitation center, has also been showing signs of depression. He is barely maintaining sanity, a source told HollywoodLife.
“He’s not eating, not sleeping, and he’s out of his mind,” the insider said. “He talks to himself. He’s tired and frustrated and feels like he’s trapped like a small hamster in a cage.”
Although Brown was in rehab for about four months, the source added that it was like vacation when compared to jail.
“Chris is suffering. He’s going crazy. He has been stripped of everything. He doesn’t even have underwear on. He’s got nothing and no one,” the source added.
Brown will be spending 23 hours a day in solitary confinement, reportedly to protect him from other inmates, until his case goes to trial on 23 April. His cell has a basic bed frame, a sink and a toilet. To keep himself occupied, Brown can either work out or read.
Meanwhile, TMZ reported that Brown’s lawyer is trying his best to get his client out of jail as soon as possible.
Brown has an assault trial next month in Washington, DC. And Mark Geragos, Brown’s lawyer, has reportedly contacted the lawyer of the man who filed the assault case in a bid to settle it.
Geragos is looking for a civil settlement, and if everything goes as planned, Brown would not have to languish in jail for long.
Here’s how TMZ visualises the events unfolding - the victim gets paid for dropping the criminal assault charges, and the judge in the Rihanna assault case will let Brown out of jail latest by next week.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales