Brave Mother Uses Her Body as 'Speed Bump' to Save Toddlers in Rolling Car
By Parismita Goswami | March 20, 2014 11:50 PM EST
A Massachusetts mother saved her two-year-old twin daughters after she laid herself on the ground as a 'speed bump' to stop her car from rolling into the traffic with her children still buckled inside the car.
Brave Mother Uses Her Body as Speed Bump To Save Her Toddlers in Rolling Car
Mindy Tran, 22, had been living with her twin daughters and had recently moved into the apartment. The incident occurred when Mindy had just got out of her car to lock her front door of her apartment when the car started moving down the driveway.
She tried pushing the car from behind in order to stop and change its direction. However, the car trapped her legs underneath. Fortunately, her neighbors rushed to help her and managed to pull the brake of the car and get the kids safely out of the car.
"My daughters are my everything. It was all for my kids. I'm just glad my kids are fine." Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
"I was like, What is going on? And I see my daughter sitting there in the backseat and of course my first instinct is, I have to push the car back into the driveway," she said.
"Firefighters responded to the apartment and they stabilized the car with wooden blocks and then used an airbag to lift the car off Mindy Tran. We've seen something like this before. It is an unfortunate accident and somehow her car wasn't in gear." ABC news quoted John Marsh, Lawrence fire department chief.
"I don't consider myself a hero. I am just a mother." she added.
Tran suffered a crushed knee and a dislocated shoulder that required to undergo many surgeries and rehabilitation therapies, but is determined to walk again, reported WCVB.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports