Brave Mother Uses Her Body as 'Speed Bump' to Save Toddlers in Rolling Car
By Parismita Goswami | March 20, 2014 11:50 PM EST
A Massachusetts mother saved her two-year-old twin daughters after she laid herself on the ground as a 'speed bump' to stop her car from rolling into the traffic with her children still buckled inside the car.
Brave Mother Uses Her Body as Speed Bump To Save Her Toddlers in Rolling Car
Mindy Tran, 22, had been living with her twin daughters and had recently moved into the apartment. The incident occurred when Mindy had just got out of her car to lock her front door of her apartment when the car started moving down the driveway.
She tried pushing the car from behind in order to stop and change its direction. However, the car trapped her legs underneath. Fortunately, her neighbors rushed to help her and managed to pull the brake of the car and get the kids safely out of the car.
"My daughters are my everything. It was all for my kids. I'm just glad my kids are fine." Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
"I was like, What is going on? And I see my daughter sitting there in the backseat and of course my first instinct is, I have to push the car back into the driveway," she said.
"Firefighters responded to the apartment and they stabilized the car with wooden blocks and then used an airbag to lift the car off Mindy Tran. We've seen something like this before. It is an unfortunate accident and somehow her car wasn't in gear." ABC news quoted John Marsh, Lawrence fire department chief.
"I don't consider myself a hero. I am just a mother." she added.
Tran suffered a crushed knee and a dislocated shoulder that required to undergo many surgeries and rehabilitation therapies, but is determined to walk again, reported WCVB.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Thai’s Crackdown on Commercial Surrogacy Exposes Aussie Couple’s Appalling Deed
- 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower vs. Supermoon: Best to View Meteor Shower Display before August 12 to 13 Peak
- Australian Wanted Man Threatens Terror in Australia, Demands Release of Muslim Prisoners
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff