Brave Mother Uses Her Body as 'Speed Bump' to Save Toddlers in Rolling Car
By Parismita Goswami | March 20, 2014 11:50 PM EST
A Massachusetts mother saved her two-year-old twin daughters after she laid herself on the ground as a 'speed bump' to stop her car from rolling into the traffic with her children still buckled inside the car.
Brave Mother Uses Her Body as Speed Bump To Save Her Toddlers in Rolling Car
Mindy Tran, 22, had been living with her twin daughters and had recently moved into the apartment. The incident occurred when Mindy had just got out of her car to lock her front door of her apartment when the car started moving down the driveway.
She tried pushing the car from behind in order to stop and change its direction. However, the car trapped her legs underneath. Fortunately, her neighbors rushed to help her and managed to pull the brake of the car and get the kids safely out of the car.
"My daughters are my everything. It was all for my kids. I'm just glad my kids are fine." Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
"I was like, What is going on? And I see my daughter sitting there in the backseat and of course my first instinct is, I have to push the car back into the driveway," she said.
"Firefighters responded to the apartment and they stabilized the car with wooden blocks and then used an airbag to lift the car off Mindy Tran. We've seen something like this before. It is an unfortunate accident and somehow her car wasn't in gear." ABC news quoted John Marsh, Lawrence fire department chief.
"I don't consider myself a hero. I am just a mother." she added.
Tran suffered a crushed knee and a dislocated shoulder that required to undergo many surgeries and rehabilitation therapies, but is determined to walk again, reported WCVB.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28