Brave Mother Uses Her Body as 'Speed Bump' to Save Toddlers in Rolling Car
By Parismita Goswami | March 20, 2014 11:50 PM EST
A Massachusetts mother saved her two-year-old twin daughters after she laid herself on the ground as a 'speed bump' to stop her car from rolling into the traffic with her children still buckled inside the car.
Brave Mother Uses Her Body as Speed Bump To Save Her Toddlers in Rolling Car
Mindy Tran, 22, had been living with her twin daughters and had recently moved into the apartment. The incident occurred when Mindy had just got out of her car to lock her front door of her apartment when the car started moving down the driveway.
She tried pushing the car from behind in order to stop and change its direction. However, the car trapped her legs underneath. Fortunately, her neighbors rushed to help her and managed to pull the brake of the car and get the kids safely out of the car.
"My daughters are my everything. It was all for my kids. I'm just glad my kids are fine." Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
"I was like, What is going on? And I see my daughter sitting there in the backseat and of course my first instinct is, I have to push the car back into the driveway," she said.
"Firefighters responded to the apartment and they stabilized the car with wooden blocks and then used an airbag to lift the car off Mindy Tran. We've seen something like this before. It is an unfortunate accident and somehow her car wasn't in gear." ABC news quoted John Marsh, Lawrence fire department chief.
"I don't consider myself a hero. I am just a mother." she added.
Tran suffered a crushed knee and a dislocated shoulder that required to undergo many surgeries and rehabilitation therapies, but is determined to walk again, reported WCVB.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- UFO Sighting New York City: UFO Expert Explains Black UFO Spotted Over The Statue Of Liberty [WATCH VIDEO]
- ISIS Blasts 'Scorpion Bombs' At Civilian Areas In Iraq; Mosul Residents Living In Fear
- Sydney Siege Aftermath: Australia Remains On Alert For 'Lone Wolf' Attacks, 2 Men Arrested In Sydney
- Sydney Siege Aftermath: Australia's Gun Laws May Be Under Review
- Fans React On Report That Pregnant Kate Middleton Tries To Avoid Prince William's Friends