Two New Assassin’s Creed Game Lined up for 2014 Leaked: Report, New Teaser Trailer Surfaces [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | March 20, 2014 11:04 PM EST
Leaked screenshots suggest that Ubisoft is gearing up for the release of two new Assassin's Creed video games in 2014 and one runs with a code name, Assassin's Creed Unity.
UPDATE: A new pre-alpha trailer was also released showing Assassin's Creed Unity - Paris during the French Revolution.
Two new Assassin’s Creed games are in the works, says report.
The screenshots were obtained by Kotaku and it says that the Unity part of the game is set "partly in 18th-century Paris" as indicated by the screenshots. The source of the leak says that it wanted anonymity and hence no information on the source is available.
The screenshots clearly show an assassin near some of the historic landmarks in Paris like Notre Dame, the Seine River and more. The report also states that these screens are from the early version of the game.
One of the screenshots shows the on-screen HUD data where it was spotted a new action commands to "parkour" up and down that is likely to help navigation inside the city.
The report also stated that Unity will be for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles and the second game with likely title, Comet will be released for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Either one of these, or both the games could be rolled out for PC.
In NeoGAF, a gaming forum, rumors about Unity appeared some weeks ago and it was corroborated by Nicholas Gigante of Examiner.
In summary, it suggests the release of two Assassin's Creed games in 2014. It also suggests that Unity will be set during the time of the French Revolution and will star a new assassin with the name Arno.
In March, Jade Raymond, producer of Assassin's Creed said to AdWeek that the next game in the Assassin's Creed series will be during her "favorite historical era."
Critics have accused Ubisoft of trying to milk the series. After the release of Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, in October, Ubisoft released Pirates for cell phones, Liberation HD and Arena board game.
Check the new 'sneak-peek' video below:
(YouTube Courtesy: ubisoft)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People