Two New Assassin’s Creed Game Lined up for 2014 Leaked: Report, New Teaser Trailer Surfaces [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | March 20, 2014 11:04 PM EST
Leaked screenshots suggest that Ubisoft is gearing up for the release of two new Assassin's Creed video games in 2014 and one runs with a code name, Assassin's Creed Unity.
UPDATE: A new pre-alpha trailer was also released showing Assassin's Creed Unity - Paris during the French Revolution.
Two new Assassin’s Creed games are in the works, says report.
The screenshots were obtained by Kotaku and it says that the Unity part of the game is set "partly in 18th-century Paris" as indicated by the screenshots. The source of the leak says that it wanted anonymity and hence no information on the source is available.
The screenshots clearly show an assassin near some of the historic landmarks in Paris like Notre Dame, the Seine River and more. The report also states that these screens are from the early version of the game.
One of the screenshots shows the on-screen HUD data where it was spotted a new action commands to "parkour" up and down that is likely to help navigation inside the city.
The report also stated that Unity will be for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles and the second game with likely title, Comet will be released for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Either one of these, or both the games could be rolled out for PC.
In NeoGAF, a gaming forum, rumors about Unity appeared some weeks ago and it was corroborated by Nicholas Gigante of Examiner.
In summary, it suggests the release of two Assassin's Creed games in 2014. It also suggests that Unity will be set during the time of the French Revolution and will star a new assassin with the name Arno.
In March, Jade Raymond, producer of Assassin's Creed said to AdWeek that the next game in the Assassin's Creed series will be during her "favorite historical era."
Critics have accused Ubisoft of trying to milk the series. After the release of Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, in October, Ubisoft released Pirates for cell phones, Liberation HD and Arena board game.
Check the new 'sneak-peek' video below:
(YouTube Courtesy: ubisoft)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Smartwatches, Chunky Watches, Other Accessories And Tattoos
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?