Kasara-CST Mumbai Local Train Derails: 1 Dead, 23 Injured
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 20, 2014 10:37 PM EST
One passenger died and 23 others were injured, after a few coaches from the CST-bound local train derailed between Ambivli and Titwala railway stations in Mumbai at around 2.50 p.m. on Thursday.
According to reports, the accident is said to have occurred after one of the couplings got ditached, leaving the bogies to separate and split. "The accident took place at 2.50 pm. The coupling of the coaches was broken. Even the tracks at the accident site were found uprooted," a senior railway police official told The Hindu.
It is understood that the train was travelling at a speed of 60-70 kmph when it derailed.
Some passengers reportedly jumped off the train to save themselves and sustained injuries. As many as 23 passengers were injured in the incident and they were taken to different hospitals nearby.
Top officials, including divisional railway manager Muklesh Nigam, have rushed to the spot, reported DNA.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Gay Community In Liberia Persecuted For Ebola; Church Leaders Call Virus 'Punishment' For Homosexuality
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS