Kasara-CST Mumbai Local Train Derails: 1 Dead, 23 Injured
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 20, 2014 10:37 PM EST
One passenger died and 23 others were injured, after a few coaches from the CST-bound local train derailed between Ambivli and Titwala railway stations in Mumbai at around 2.50 p.m. on Thursday.
According to reports, the accident is said to have occurred after one of the couplings got ditached, leaving the bogies to separate and split. "The accident took place at 2.50 pm. The coupling of the coaches was broken. Even the tracks at the accident site were found uprooted," a senior railway police official told The Hindu.
It is understood that the train was travelling at a speed of 60-70 kmph when it derailed.
Some passengers reportedly jumped off the train to save themselves and sustained injuries. As many as 23 passengers were injured in the incident and they were taken to different hospitals nearby.
Top officials, including divisional railway manager Muklesh Nigam, have rushed to the spot, reported DNA.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2