Kasara-CST Mumbai Local Train Derails: 1 Dead, 23 Injured
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 20, 2014 10:37 PM EST
One passenger died and 23 others were injured, after a few coaches from the CST-bound local train derailed between Ambivli and Titwala railway stations in Mumbai at around 2.50 p.m. on Thursday.
According to reports, the accident is said to have occurred after one of the couplings got ditached, leaving the bogies to separate and split. "The accident took place at 2.50 pm. The coupling of the coaches was broken. Even the tracks at the accident site were found uprooted," a senior railway police official told The Hindu.
It is understood that the train was travelling at a speed of 60-70 kmph when it derailed.
Some passengers reportedly jumped off the train to save themselves and sustained injuries. As many as 23 passengers were injured in the incident and they were taken to different hospitals nearby.
Top officials, including divisional railway manager Muklesh Nigam, have rushed to the spot, reported DNA.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 14 Contestants For Miss Hitler 2014 Beauty Pageant Organised By Russian Equivalent Of Facebook
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage