Kasara-CST Mumbai Local Train Derails: 1 Dead, 23 Injured
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 20, 2014 10:37 PM EST
One passenger died and 23 others were injured, after a few coaches from the CST-bound local train derailed between Ambivli and Titwala railway stations in Mumbai at around 2.50 p.m. on Thursday.
According to reports, the accident is said to have occurred after one of the couplings got ditached, leaving the bogies to separate and split. "The accident took place at 2.50 pm. The coupling of the coaches was broken. Even the tracks at the accident site were found uprooted," a senior railway police official told The Hindu.
It is understood that the train was travelling at a speed of 60-70 kmph when it derailed.
Some passengers reportedly jumped off the train to save themselves and sustained injuries. As many as 23 passengers were injured in the incident and they were taken to different hospitals nearby.
Top officials, including divisional railway manager Muklesh Nigam, have rushed to the spot, reported DNA.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Former Destiny’s Child Star Farrah Franklin Arrested
- Asylum Seeker Women in Australia-Run Christmas Island Attempt Suicide in Desperation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon