Nikon Launches D3300 and Full-Frame D4S DSLR Cameras in India; Price Details
By greeshma m | March 20, 2014 9:54 PM EST
Japanese camera maker Nikon launched its flagship full-frame camera Nikon D4S in India on Wednesday, along with the new Nikon D3300.
The full-frame Nikon D4S comes with a 16.2-megapixel FX-format CMOS sensor and boasts Expeed 4 image-processing engine with rated ISO range of 100-25,600. The camera allows the user to shoot at 11fps with AF and AE tracking and has features like single-point AF, dynamic-area AF, 3D-tracking, auto-area AF and group-area AF. The device will be available in the country from March end at a retail price of 4,19,950.
Nikon D3300, a camera which boasts 24.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor and AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VRII lens, is priced at 32,450 (body only). The Nikon D3300 with AF-S 18-55mm VRII Kit is available for 37,950 and the Nikon D3300 with D-ZOOM KIT (AF-S 18-55mm VRII + AF-S 55-200mm VR Kit Lenses) priced at 46,950. The camera will be available in black, grey and red colours in India.
Announcing the launch of the new cameras, Nikon also said the company is planning to invest 120 crore in the country to market the brand. The company, which has 55 percent share in India, expects a 20 percent growth in the digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) cameras in 2014-15.
"We expect a very steady growth in the coming year. We would expand with another 20 per cent growth in DSLR, which is around 3.6 lakhs units," Nikon India Managing Director Hiorshi Takashina told PTI.
Currently, Nikon India's contribution to the company's global sales is three percent and the company is planning to achieve five percent in the next three years.
"India has a huge potential for DSLR segment due to its growing number of youths... We assume that over 5-10 years, a growth of up to 20 per cent would continue. This is very important market for us," PTI quoted Takashina
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales