Nikon Launches D3300 and Full-Frame D4S DSLR Cameras in India; Price Details
By greeshma m | March 20, 2014 9:54 PM EST
Japanese camera maker Nikon launched its flagship full-frame camera Nikon D4S in India on Wednesday, along with the new Nikon D3300.
The full-frame Nikon D4S comes with a 16.2-megapixel FX-format CMOS sensor and boasts Expeed 4 image-processing engine with rated ISO range of 100-25,600. The camera allows the user to shoot at 11fps with AF and AE tracking and has features like single-point AF, dynamic-area AF, 3D-tracking, auto-area AF and group-area AF. The device will be available in the country from March end at a retail price of 4,19,950.
Nikon D3300, a camera which boasts 24.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor and AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VRII lens, is priced at 32,450 (body only). The Nikon D3300 with AF-S 18-55mm VRII Kit is available for 37,950 and the Nikon D3300 with D-ZOOM KIT (AF-S 18-55mm VRII + AF-S 55-200mm VR Kit Lenses) priced at 46,950. The camera will be available in black, grey and red colours in India.
Announcing the launch of the new cameras, Nikon also said the company is planning to invest 120 crore in the country to market the brand. The company, which has 55 percent share in India, expects a 20 percent growth in the digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) cameras in 2014-15.
"We expect a very steady growth in the coming year. We would expand with another 20 per cent growth in DSLR, which is around 3.6 lakhs units," Nikon India Managing Director Hiorshi Takashina told PTI.
Currently, Nikon India's contribution to the company's global sales is three percent and the company is planning to achieve five percent in the next three years.
"India has a huge potential for DSLR segment due to its growing number of youths... We assume that over 5-10 years, a growth of up to 20 per cent would continue. This is very important market for us," PTI quoted Takashina
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS