Nikon Launches D3300 and Full-Frame D4S DSLR Cameras in India; Price Details
By greeshma m | March 20, 2014 9:54 PM EST
Japanese camera maker Nikon launched its flagship full-frame camera Nikon D4S in India on Wednesday, along with the new Nikon D3300.
The full-frame Nikon D4S comes with a 16.2-megapixel FX-format CMOS sensor and boasts Expeed 4 image-processing engine with rated ISO range of 100-25,600. The camera allows the user to shoot at 11fps with AF and AE tracking and has features like single-point AF, dynamic-area AF, 3D-tracking, auto-area AF and group-area AF. The device will be available in the country from March end at a retail price of 4,19,950.
Nikon D3300, a camera which boasts 24.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor and AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VRII lens, is priced at 32,450 (body only). The Nikon D3300 with AF-S 18-55mm VRII Kit is available for 37,950 and the Nikon D3300 with D-ZOOM KIT (AF-S 18-55mm VRII + AF-S 55-200mm VR Kit Lenses) priced at 46,950. The camera will be available in black, grey and red colours in India.
Announcing the launch of the new cameras, Nikon also said the company is planning to invest 120 crore in the country to market the brand. The company, which has 55 percent share in India, expects a 20 percent growth in the digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) cameras in 2014-15.
"We expect a very steady growth in the coming year. We would expand with another 20 per cent growth in DSLR, which is around 3.6 lakhs units," Nikon India Managing Director Hiorshi Takashina told PTI.
Currently, Nikon India's contribution to the company's global sales is three percent and the company is planning to achieve five percent in the next three years.
"India has a huge potential for DSLR segment due to its growing number of youths... We assume that over 5-10 years, a growth of up to 20 per cent would continue. This is very important market for us," PTI quoted Takashina
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown