Did Drake Dump Rihanna for Another Woman?
By Sonam Malik | March 20, 2014 9:08 PM EST
Rumor has it that Drake has kicked Rihanna out of his European Tour to make place for his on-again, off-again girlfriend Winta'nna. However, if sources close to the Bajan beauty are to be believed, Drake did not dump Rihanna for another woman; rather it was Rihanna who walked out of Drake's tour.
Singer Rihanna poses backstage with her Icon award at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California November 24, 2013.
"Drake is one of the nicest, most respectful and gentle men she's ever met and no, hell to the naw, he didn't say or do anything like that to her," a source told Hollywoodlife.
Rihanna left Drake's tour due to some other personal reasons that has nothing to do with their relationship.
The source further revealed: "She's got biz to attend to and will be with him when she's all done and that's the truth. Unlike most singers, Rihanna has a million things to do, a million things to see, and millions of dollars to make. And she wishes the people who are saying Drake disrespected her would shut up."
Drake has been pursuing Rihanna for years, and even when she was in a relationship with Chris Brown, reports swirled that Drake had a brief period of romance with the "Only Girl" singer.
Apparently, when Rihanna split from Brown, it was not easy for Drake to get the songstress to fully commit to a relationship. She was going through severe emotional trauma after the messy relationship with Brown.
However, Drake waited patiently for Rihanna to come to him.
"He stood by - patiently I might add - while she was with [Chris]," the source said, adding, "All he did was stay back and watch. Rihanna made her choice back then and while it didn't work out in the end, he still loved and respected her."
For Drake, Rihanna's happiness is really important, and reports indicate that he will do anything to bring a smile on her face.
"Drake doesn't even speak on that situation, really. He's just real happy that she's on her feet and smiling" the source added. "He knows that what he has with Rihanna is genuine and real."
Drake and Rihanna have not officially announced their relationship. But it looks like they are in for the long haul.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand