‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Andrew Scott Knows Moriarty’s Truth
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 20, 2014 8:49 PM EST
In the final moments of "Sherlock" Season 3 finale, Moriarty popped up on T.V. screens all across the country, asking "did you miss me." Moriarty's return on the T.V. screens was a well-planned twist, and not at all a last minute addition. Andrew Scott, who plays Moriarty, has said that he knows the truth about Moriarty's twist. However, he did not spill the much speculated spoiler.
In an interview with DigitalSpy, Scott said, ""I do know the answer to that question, yes, and I'm not going to tell you!" Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat, co-creators of "Sherlock," have confirmed that Moriarty will feature in Season 4 of "Sherlock." They have a proper explanation for his appearance in the final moments of Season 3.
The writing duo has already mapped out the Season 4 and Season 5 of "Sherlock." In the new season, new characters are expected to be introduced. Gatiss had said, as reported by The Hollywood Reporter, that moving forward they intend to keep "Sherlock" new and introduce new characters. Also, the upcoming seasons will show Sherlock's "gradual humanization." The Season 3 also showed Sherlock's more human side, because of his best-friend Watson. Watson's wife, Mary Watson, is very much part of Season 4.
Will another brother of Sherlock arrive in Season 4? In Season 3 finale, "His Last Vow," Mycroft had alluded to there being another brother. Without revealing anything about this brother, Moffat had said in an interview, ""Wait and see!" when asked about the role of this unknown brother in the future season of "Sherlock."
Like Season 3, "Sherlock" Season 4 is expected to take almost two years to premiere. Gattis has almost confirmed that Season 4 is likely to air in 2016.
Responding to the news that "Sherlock" Season 4 may premiere in 2016, Gatiss had said to Metro, "There was suddenly a kind of outraged response that it might not be back until 2016 but that's precisely how long it always is. It's always two years! But we'd like to return soon, of course."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales