‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Andrew Scott Knows Moriarty’s Truth
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 20, 2014 8:49 PM EST
In the final moments of "Sherlock" Season 3 finale, Moriarty popped up on T.V. screens all across the country, asking "did you miss me." Moriarty's return on the T.V. screens was a well-planned twist, and not at all a last minute addition. Andrew Scott, who plays Moriarty, has said that he knows the truth about Moriarty's twist. However, he did not spill the much speculated spoiler.
In an interview with DigitalSpy, Scott said, ""I do know the answer to that question, yes, and I'm not going to tell you!" Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat, co-creators of "Sherlock," have confirmed that Moriarty will feature in Season 4 of "Sherlock." They have a proper explanation for his appearance in the final moments of Season 3.
The writing duo has already mapped out the Season 4 and Season 5 of "Sherlock." In the new season, new characters are expected to be introduced. Gatiss had said, as reported by The Hollywood Reporter, that moving forward they intend to keep "Sherlock" new and introduce new characters. Also, the upcoming seasons will show Sherlock's "gradual humanization." The Season 3 also showed Sherlock's more human side, because of his best-friend Watson. Watson's wife, Mary Watson, is very much part of Season 4.
Will another brother of Sherlock arrive in Season 4? In Season 3 finale, "His Last Vow," Mycroft had alluded to there being another brother. Without revealing anything about this brother, Moffat had said in an interview, ""Wait and see!" when asked about the role of this unknown brother in the future season of "Sherlock."
Like Season 3, "Sherlock" Season 4 is expected to take almost two years to premiere. Gattis has almost confirmed that Season 4 is likely to air in 2016.
Responding to the news that "Sherlock" Season 4 may premiere in 2016, Gatiss had said to Metro, "There was suddenly a kind of outraged response that it might not be back until 2016 but that's precisely how long it always is. It's always two years! But we'd like to return soon, of course."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists