Selena Gomez Pregnancy Hoax: Singer Reportedly Expecting Twins with Justin Bieber; Fans React
By Keerthi Mohan | March 20, 2014 7:46 PM EST
Fans of on-again off-again couple Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber were shocked on Wednesday when a report suggested that Gomez might be pregnant with Bieber’s twins.
Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez at the Vanity Fair Oscars Party in February 2011
The news report was accompanied by a sonogram copy with the patient name “Gomez, S,” sparking speculations that Jelena, as Gomez and Bieber are popularly known, might be in for a surprise as the picture showed two foetuses.
However, the sonogram and the news were soon proved to be fake as the report came from eBuzzd, a site known for creating hoaxes.
The report goes on to say that Gomez found out about being pregnant after undergoing a series of tests to determine why she was experiencing headaches and dizziness. Gomez was attending a music festival in Austin, Texas, when she started feeling uncomfortable.
Gomez is said to be expecting the baby sometime in mid-October, and eBuzzd allegedly got hold of a series of messages exchanged between Gomez and Bieber indicating that they are happy with the pregnancy news.
"I'm the happiest girl in the world!" Gomez is believed to have said in the message, and their conversation is believed to have ended with, "You better be good with kids because I'll be hitting you up girl :)"
Although the pregnancy news is untrue, Gomez’s fans aren’t happy with the possibility of the former Disney star starting a family with Bieber. A good number of them took to their social networking sites such as Twitter to voice out their displeasure at Gomez’s alleged pregnancy.
If bieber really got Selena Gomez pregnant I will be so pissed and hate Selena Gomez for being stupid. Hope it's not true.
— Brandon Harris (@_HarrisBrand) March 17, 2014
selena gomez is pregnant with justin bieber's twins, yea and barack obama is my father. — melissa (@bieberslust) March 16, 2014
— (@kibeariego) March 20, 2014
"@yayaaasinaaai: My mom just caled me and told me selena gomez is pregnant." NO NO NO NO ! — not broken (@Biadreamer_) March 19, 2014
Gomez, who recently shared on Instagram a photograph of her playing with nine-month-old baby sister Gracie, has not addressed the rumors on Twitter. Bieber, too, has remained silent.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown