Selena Gomez Pregnancy Hoax: Singer Reportedly Expecting Twins with Justin Bieber; Fans React
By Keerthi Mohan | March 20, 2014 7:46 PM EST
Fans of on-again off-again couple Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber were shocked on Wednesday when a report suggested that Gomez might be pregnant with Bieber’s twins.
Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez at the Vanity Fair Oscars Party in February 2011
The news report was accompanied by a sonogram copy with the patient name “Gomez, S,” sparking speculations that Jelena, as Gomez and Bieber are popularly known, might be in for a surprise as the picture showed two foetuses.
However, the sonogram and the news were soon proved to be fake as the report came from eBuzzd, a site known for creating hoaxes.
The report goes on to say that Gomez found out about being pregnant after undergoing a series of tests to determine why she was experiencing headaches and dizziness. Gomez was attending a music festival in Austin, Texas, when she started feeling uncomfortable.
Gomez is said to be expecting the baby sometime in mid-October, and eBuzzd allegedly got hold of a series of messages exchanged between Gomez and Bieber indicating that they are happy with the pregnancy news.
"I'm the happiest girl in the world!" Gomez is believed to have said in the message, and their conversation is believed to have ended with, "You better be good with kids because I'll be hitting you up girl :)"
Although the pregnancy news is untrue, Gomez’s fans aren’t happy with the possibility of the former Disney star starting a family with Bieber. A good number of them took to their social networking sites such as Twitter to voice out their displeasure at Gomez’s alleged pregnancy.
If bieber really got Selena Gomez pregnant I will be so pissed and hate Selena Gomez for being stupid. Hope it's not true.
— Brandon Harris (@_HarrisBrand) March 17, 2014
selena gomez is pregnant with justin bieber's twins, yea and barack obama is my father. — melissa (@bieberslust) March 16, 2014
— (@kibeariego) March 20, 2014
"@yayaaasinaaai: My mom just caled me and told me selena gomez is pregnant." NO NO NO NO ! — not broken (@Biadreamer_) March 19, 2014
Gomez, who recently shared on Instagram a photograph of her playing with nine-month-old baby sister Gracie, has not addressed the rumors on Twitter. Bieber, too, has remained silent.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date