Selena Gomez Pregnancy Hoax: Singer Reportedly Expecting Twins with Justin Bieber; Fans React
By Keerthi Mohan | March 20, 2014 7:46 PM EST
Fans of on-again off-again couple Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber were shocked on Wednesday when a report suggested that Gomez might be pregnant with Bieber’s twins.
Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez at the Vanity Fair Oscars Party in February 2011
The news report was accompanied by a sonogram copy with the patient name “Gomez, S,” sparking speculations that Jelena, as Gomez and Bieber are popularly known, might be in for a surprise as the picture showed two foetuses.
However, the sonogram and the news were soon proved to be fake as the report came from eBuzzd, a site known for creating hoaxes.
The report goes on to say that Gomez found out about being pregnant after undergoing a series of tests to determine why she was experiencing headaches and dizziness. Gomez was attending a music festival in Austin, Texas, when she started feeling uncomfortable.
Gomez is said to be expecting the baby sometime in mid-October, and eBuzzd allegedly got hold of a series of messages exchanged between Gomez and Bieber indicating that they are happy with the pregnancy news.
"I'm the happiest girl in the world!" Gomez is believed to have said in the message, and their conversation is believed to have ended with, "You better be good with kids because I'll be hitting you up girl :)"
Although the pregnancy news is untrue, Gomez’s fans aren’t happy with the possibility of the former Disney star starting a family with Bieber. A good number of them took to their social networking sites such as Twitter to voice out their displeasure at Gomez’s alleged pregnancy.
If bieber really got Selena Gomez pregnant I will be so pissed and hate Selena Gomez for being stupid. Hope it's not true.
— Brandon Harris (@_HarrisBrand) March 17, 2014
selena gomez is pregnant with justin bieber's twins, yea and barack obama is my father. — melissa (@bieberslust) March 16, 2014
— (@kibeariego) March 20, 2014
"@yayaaasinaaai: My mom just caled me and told me selena gomez is pregnant." NO NO NO NO ! — not broken (@Biadreamer_) March 19, 2014
Gomez, who recently shared on Instagram a photograph of her playing with nine-month-old baby sister Gracie, has not addressed the rumors on Twitter. Bieber, too, has remained silent.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage