Samsung Galaxy S3 Won't Get Android 4.4 Update But Galaxy Note 2 Will; Leaked Internal Document Points GT-I9300
By Ryan Inoyori | March 20, 2014 7:37 PM EST
Samsung Poland recently released a list of 16 recipients receiving Android 4.4 KitKat update for the year. However, Galaxy S3 was not included in it which contradicted by an internal document listing GT-I9300 on the update line up.
According to the Android 4.4 KitKat list of Samsung Poland, a flagship Galaxy device is not going to be a part of the global Android KitKat update plan of the company. Users of Galaxy S3 went furious after seeing that their handset is not included on the update planning while its device counterpart Galaxy Note 2 has been listed.
However, the story somewhat changed after Sam Mobile caught an internal document revealing that Galaxy S3 is still a part of that global Android KitKat update. Based on the document with a Samsung logo, KRT 16 update schedule included Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 smartphone and set to receive Android 4.4 KitKat between April and May 2014.
Galaxy Note 2 also appeared having the same date along with Galaxy Grand 2. But something is weird about the model number regarding Galaxy Note 2. It appears on the document as SM-N7100 rather than GT-N7100 which either an unintentional mistake during encoding or a paper full of hoax.
Galaxy S3 KitKat Update
Early reports suggest that Samsung Galaxy S3 may not on get Android 4.4 KitKat firmware due to having low memory. But if we based that on the leaked internal document, GT-I9300 international Galaxy S3 may still make it before software support expires.
Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 features 1 GB of RAM and quad-core Exynos 4412 processor while its CDMA version boasts 2 GB of RAM and dual-core Snapdragon processor. Both devices have more than 512 MB of RAM that is capable of running Android 4.4 KitKat unless the TouchWiz UI would be the main issue - Galaxy S4 features were ported on S3 on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
As of now, there is no solid confirmation from Samsung if Galaxy S3 is 100 per cent on receiving the latest version of Android OS or not.
Samsung Poland Listing
Here are 16 devices included on the Samsung's Android KitKat upgrade plan for 2014 according to Samsung Poland via Sammy Today.
1. Galaxy Note 3
2. Galaxy Note 2
3. Galaxy S4
4. Galaxy S4 Mini
5. Galaxy S4 Active
6. Galaxy S4 Zoom
7. Galaxy Mega 6.3
8. Galaxy Mega 5.8
9. Galaxy Grand
10. Galaxy Express 2
11. Galaxy Note 8.0
12. Galaxy Note 10.1
13. Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
14. Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
15. Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
16. Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes