Samsung Galaxy S3 Won't Get Android 4.4 Update But Galaxy Note 2 Will; Leaked Internal Document Points GT-I9300
By Ryan Inoyori | March 20, 2014 7:37 PM EST
Samsung Poland recently released a list of 16 recipients receiving Android 4.4 KitKat update for the year. However, Galaxy S3 was not included in it which contradicted by an internal document listing GT-I9300 on the update line up.
According to the Android 4.4 KitKat list of Samsung Poland, a flagship Galaxy device is not going to be a part of the global Android KitKat update plan of the company. Users of Galaxy S3 went furious after seeing that their handset is not included on the update planning while its device counterpart Galaxy Note 2 has been listed.
However, the story somewhat changed after Sam Mobile caught an internal document revealing that Galaxy S3 is still a part of that global Android KitKat update. Based on the document with a Samsung logo, KRT 16 update schedule included Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 smartphone and set to receive Android 4.4 KitKat between April and May 2014.
Galaxy Note 2 also appeared having the same date along with Galaxy Grand 2. But something is weird about the model number regarding Galaxy Note 2. It appears on the document as SM-N7100 rather than GT-N7100 which either an unintentional mistake during encoding or a paper full of hoax.
Galaxy S3 KitKat Update
Early reports suggest that Samsung Galaxy S3 may not on get Android 4.4 KitKat firmware due to having low memory. But if we based that on the leaked internal document, GT-I9300 international Galaxy S3 may still make it before software support expires.
Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 features 1 GB of RAM and quad-core Exynos 4412 processor while its CDMA version boasts 2 GB of RAM and dual-core Snapdragon processor. Both devices have more than 512 MB of RAM that is capable of running Android 4.4 KitKat unless the TouchWiz UI would be the main issue - Galaxy S4 features were ported on S3 on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
As of now, there is no solid confirmation from Samsung if Galaxy S3 is 100 per cent on receiving the latest version of Android OS or not.
Samsung Poland Listing
Here are 16 devices included on the Samsung's Android KitKat upgrade plan for 2014 according to Samsung Poland via Sammy Today.
1. Galaxy Note 3
2. Galaxy Note 2
3. Galaxy S4
4. Galaxy S4 Mini
5. Galaxy S4 Active
6. Galaxy S4 Zoom
7. Galaxy Mega 6.3
8. Galaxy Mega 5.8
9. Galaxy Grand
10. Galaxy Express 2
11. Galaxy Note 8.0
12. Galaxy Note 10.1
13. Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
14. Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
15. Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
16. Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James