Samsung Galaxy S3 Won't Get Android 4.4 Update But Galaxy Note 2 Will; Leaked Internal Document Points GT-I9300
By Ryan Inoyori | March 20, 2014 7:37 PM EST
Samsung Poland recently released a list of 16 recipients receiving Android 4.4 KitKat update for the year. However, Galaxy S3 was not included in it which contradicted by an internal document listing GT-I9300 on the update line up.
According to the Android 4.4 KitKat list of Samsung Poland, a flagship Galaxy device is not going to be a part of the global Android KitKat update plan of the company. Users of Galaxy S3 went furious after seeing that their handset is not included on the update planning while its device counterpart Galaxy Note 2 has been listed.
However, the story somewhat changed after Sam Mobile caught an internal document revealing that Galaxy S3 is still a part of that global Android KitKat update. Based on the document with a Samsung logo, KRT 16 update schedule included Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 smartphone and set to receive Android 4.4 KitKat between April and May 2014.
Galaxy Note 2 also appeared having the same date along with Galaxy Grand 2. But something is weird about the model number regarding Galaxy Note 2. It appears on the document as SM-N7100 rather than GT-N7100 which either an unintentional mistake during encoding or a paper full of hoax.
Galaxy S3 KitKat Update
Early reports suggest that Samsung Galaxy S3 may not on get Android 4.4 KitKat firmware due to having low memory. But if we based that on the leaked internal document, GT-I9300 international Galaxy S3 may still make it before software support expires.
Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 features 1 GB of RAM and quad-core Exynos 4412 processor while its CDMA version boasts 2 GB of RAM and dual-core Snapdragon processor. Both devices have more than 512 MB of RAM that is capable of running Android 4.4 KitKat unless the TouchWiz UI would be the main issue - Galaxy S4 features were ported on S3 on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
As of now, there is no solid confirmation from Samsung if Galaxy S3 is 100 per cent on receiving the latest version of Android OS or not.
Samsung Poland Listing
Here are 16 devices included on the Samsung's Android KitKat upgrade plan for 2014 according to Samsung Poland via Sammy Today.
1. Galaxy Note 3
2. Galaxy Note 2
3. Galaxy S4
4. Galaxy S4 Mini
5. Galaxy S4 Active
6. Galaxy S4 Zoom
7. Galaxy Mega 6.3
8. Galaxy Mega 5.8
9. Galaxy Grand
10. Galaxy Express 2
11. Galaxy Note 8.0
12. Galaxy Note 10.1
13. Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
14. Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
15. Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
16. Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Speculations for Mega Evolutions; X and Y Double Battles Detailed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff