Will Ajith's 'Veerudokkade' Repeat 'Veeram' Success at Box Office?
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 20, 2014 7:26 PM EST
Ajith's "Veerudokkade", the dubbed Telugu version of "Veeram," is all set to hit the screens on 21 March.
Ajith and Santhanam in "Veeram" (Facebook/Veeram Movie Fans Page)
The Tamil version, which released on 10 January as a Pongal treat, did fantastic business at the box office. Despite facing strong competition from "Jilla", "Veeram" performed well and took a solid opening. The film reportedly grossed over ₹7 crore on its first day at the Tamil Nadu box office.
The Ajith starrer continued to do good business not only in India but also in overseas markets. "Veeram" turned out to be an average fare in Tamil Nadu, while it was a hit outside the state. Recently, the film completed 50-day theatrical run at the box office.
Now, the Telugu version titled "Veerudokkade" is reportedly releasing in over 300 theatres across Andhra Pradesh on Friday.
Film critics and trade experts will be eager to see if the Telugu version will be able to repeat the success achieved by "Veeram".
"Veerudokkade", directed by Siva, revolves around Ajith and his four brothers played by Bala, Vidarth, Munish and Suhail. The film is a mass entertainer with all the commercial elements, including action, romance, comedy, punch dialogues, songs and sentiments.
In recent times, the exam season has caused a lull at the box office. Moreover, films that released have failed to set the cash registers ringing. "Veerudokkade" is expected to bring in audience to theatres, considering the film features popular actors like Ajith and Tamannaah. Besides the lead actors, Nassar, Pradeep Rawat, Atul Kulkarni and Rohini Hattamgadi, who appear in supporting roles, are known well among the Telugu audience.
The film's music is composed by Devi Sri Prasad, who has a good fan following in Andhra Pradesh.
Although there will be five other releases in AP, "Veerudokkaode" is expected to have a decent opening at the box office. The film might face some strong competition from "Bhadram" (dubbed Telugu version of Tamil film "Thegidi") which is carrying a positive pre-release buzz.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage