Will Ajith's 'Veerudokkade' Repeat 'Veeram' Success at Box Office?
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 20, 2014 7:26 PM EST
Ajith's "Veerudokkade", the dubbed Telugu version of "Veeram," is all set to hit the screens on 21 March.
Ajith and Santhanam in "Veeram" (Facebook/Veeram Movie Fans Page)
The Tamil version, which released on 10 January as a Pongal treat, did fantastic business at the box office. Despite facing strong competition from "Jilla", "Veeram" performed well and took a solid opening. The film reportedly grossed over ₹7 crore on its first day at the Tamil Nadu box office.
The Ajith starrer continued to do good business not only in India but also in overseas markets. "Veeram" turned out to be an average fare in Tamil Nadu, while it was a hit outside the state. Recently, the film completed 50-day theatrical run at the box office.
Now, the Telugu version titled "Veerudokkade" is reportedly releasing in over 300 theatres across Andhra Pradesh on Friday.
Film critics and trade experts will be eager to see if the Telugu version will be able to repeat the success achieved by "Veeram".
"Veerudokkade", directed by Siva, revolves around Ajith and his four brothers played by Bala, Vidarth, Munish and Suhail. The film is a mass entertainer with all the commercial elements, including action, romance, comedy, punch dialogues, songs and sentiments.
In recent times, the exam season has caused a lull at the box office. Moreover, films that released have failed to set the cash registers ringing. "Veerudokkade" is expected to bring in audience to theatres, considering the film features popular actors like Ajith and Tamannaah. Besides the lead actors, Nassar, Pradeep Rawat, Atul Kulkarni and Rohini Hattamgadi, who appear in supporting roles, are known well among the Telugu audience.
The film's music is composed by Devi Sri Prasad, who has a good fan following in Andhra Pradesh.
Although there will be five other releases in AP, "Veerudokkaode" is expected to have a decent opening at the box office. The film might face some strong competition from "Bhadram" (dubbed Telugu version of Tamil film "Thegidi") which is carrying a positive pre-release buzz.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate