Will Ajith's 'Veerudokkade' Repeat 'Veeram' Success at Box Office?
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 20, 2014 7:26 PM EST
Ajith's "Veerudokkade", the dubbed Telugu version of "Veeram," is all set to hit the screens on 21 March.
Ajith and Santhanam in "Veeram" (Facebook/Veeram Movie Fans Page)
The Tamil version, which released on 10 January as a Pongal treat, did fantastic business at the box office. Despite facing strong competition from "Jilla", "Veeram" performed well and took a solid opening. The film reportedly grossed over ₹7 crore on its first day at the Tamil Nadu box office.
The Ajith starrer continued to do good business not only in India but also in overseas markets. "Veeram" turned out to be an average fare in Tamil Nadu, while it was a hit outside the state. Recently, the film completed 50-day theatrical run at the box office.
Now, the Telugu version titled "Veerudokkade" is reportedly releasing in over 300 theatres across Andhra Pradesh on Friday.
Film critics and trade experts will be eager to see if the Telugu version will be able to repeat the success achieved by "Veeram".
"Veerudokkade", directed by Siva, revolves around Ajith and his four brothers played by Bala, Vidarth, Munish and Suhail. The film is a mass entertainer with all the commercial elements, including action, romance, comedy, punch dialogues, songs and sentiments.
In recent times, the exam season has caused a lull at the box office. Moreover, films that released have failed to set the cash registers ringing. "Veerudokkade" is expected to bring in audience to theatres, considering the film features popular actors like Ajith and Tamannaah. Besides the lead actors, Nassar, Pradeep Rawat, Atul Kulkarni and Rohini Hattamgadi, who appear in supporting roles, are known well among the Telugu audience.
The film's music is composed by Devi Sri Prasad, who has a good fan following in Andhra Pradesh.
Although there will be five other releases in AP, "Veerudokkaode" is expected to have a decent opening at the box office. The film might face some strong competition from "Bhadram" (dubbed Telugu version of Tamil film "Thegidi") which is carrying a positive pre-release buzz.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect