Will Ajith's 'Veerudokkade' Repeat 'Veeram' Success at Box Office?
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 20, 2014 7:26 PM EST
Ajith's "Veerudokkade", the dubbed Telugu version of "Veeram," is all set to hit the screens on 21 March.
Ajith and Santhanam in "Veeram" (Facebook/Veeram Movie Fans Page)
The Tamil version, which released on 10 January as a Pongal treat, did fantastic business at the box office. Despite facing strong competition from "Jilla", "Veeram" performed well and took a solid opening. The film reportedly grossed over ₹7 crore on its first day at the Tamil Nadu box office.
The Ajith starrer continued to do good business not only in India but also in overseas markets. "Veeram" turned out to be an average fare in Tamil Nadu, while it was a hit outside the state. Recently, the film completed 50-day theatrical run at the box office.
Now, the Telugu version titled "Veerudokkade" is reportedly releasing in over 300 theatres across Andhra Pradesh on Friday.
Film critics and trade experts will be eager to see if the Telugu version will be able to repeat the success achieved by "Veeram".
"Veerudokkade", directed by Siva, revolves around Ajith and his four brothers played by Bala, Vidarth, Munish and Suhail. The film is a mass entertainer with all the commercial elements, including action, romance, comedy, punch dialogues, songs and sentiments.
In recent times, the exam season has caused a lull at the box office. Moreover, films that released have failed to set the cash registers ringing. "Veerudokkade" is expected to bring in audience to theatres, considering the film features popular actors like Ajith and Tamannaah. Besides the lead actors, Nassar, Pradeep Rawat, Atul Kulkarni and Rohini Hattamgadi, who appear in supporting roles, are known well among the Telugu audience.
The film's music is composed by Devi Sri Prasad, who has a good fan following in Andhra Pradesh.
Although there will be five other releases in AP, "Veerudokkaode" is expected to have a decent opening at the box office. The film might face some strong competition from "Bhadram" (dubbed Telugu version of Tamil film "Thegidi") which is carrying a positive pre-release buzz.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop