Will Ajith's 'Veerudokkade' Repeat 'Veeram' Success at Box Office?
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 20, 2014 7:26 PM EST
Ajith's "Veerudokkade", the dubbed Telugu version of "Veeram," is all set to hit the screens on 21 March.
Ajith and Santhanam in "Veeram" (Facebook/Veeram Movie Fans Page)
The Tamil version, which released on 10 January as a Pongal treat, did fantastic business at the box office. Despite facing strong competition from "Jilla", "Veeram" performed well and took a solid opening. The film reportedly grossed over ₹7 crore on its first day at the Tamil Nadu box office.
The Ajith starrer continued to do good business not only in India but also in overseas markets. "Veeram" turned out to be an average fare in Tamil Nadu, while it was a hit outside the state. Recently, the film completed 50-day theatrical run at the box office.
Now, the Telugu version titled "Veerudokkade" is reportedly releasing in over 300 theatres across Andhra Pradesh on Friday.
Film critics and trade experts will be eager to see if the Telugu version will be able to repeat the success achieved by "Veeram".
"Veerudokkade", directed by Siva, revolves around Ajith and his four brothers played by Bala, Vidarth, Munish and Suhail. The film is a mass entertainer with all the commercial elements, including action, romance, comedy, punch dialogues, songs and sentiments.
In recent times, the exam season has caused a lull at the box office. Moreover, films that released have failed to set the cash registers ringing. "Veerudokkade" is expected to bring in audience to theatres, considering the film features popular actors like Ajith and Tamannaah. Besides the lead actors, Nassar, Pradeep Rawat, Atul Kulkarni and Rohini Hattamgadi, who appear in supporting roles, are known well among the Telugu audience.
The film's music is composed by Devi Sri Prasad, who has a good fan following in Andhra Pradesh.
Although there will be five other releases in AP, "Veerudokkaode" is expected to have a decent opening at the box office. The film might face some strong competition from "Bhadram" (dubbed Telugu version of Tamil film "Thegidi") which is carrying a positive pre-release buzz.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Warns Gareth Of Dire Consequences In New Promo [VIDEO]
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge