iPad Air 2 Release Date Soon as Refurbished iPad Air Tablets Now Available in Apple Store
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 20, 2014 7:20 PM EST
Consumers may now purchase a refurbished iPad Air four months after the device hit the stores. Refurbished units were as good as new and were in very good condition or better. Thus, it means that refurbished units have no noticeable defects.
Refurbished iPad Air were units that were returned by consumers and were restored to its factory condition with new battery and aluminium casing. Refurbished units were much cheaper than brand new units. Thus, the 16 GB Wi-Fi only iPad Air is now priced at only $420, instead of $499 for a brand-new unit, while the 32 GB edition Wi-Fi iPad Air costs just $510 instead of $599.
Unfortunately, refurbished units of the 64 GB and 128 GB variants have not been offered yet on sale, but pricing will be set at $590 and $680, respectively. Aside from iPad Air tablets, consumers can also buy other refurbished units such as MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.
Another proof that iPad Air 2 is coming was when Apple lowered the price of iPad 4. Apple completely shelved the iPad 2 and will be replaced by iPad 4. IPad 4 is now available at $399 for the 16 GB Wi-Fi model and $529 for the 16 GB Wi-Fi + cellular model.
According to his recent note to investors as reported by iDigitalTimes, reliable analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities said that iPad Air 2 will be released later this year delaying the launch of iPad pro until next year. Mr Kuo also added that iPad Mini 3 will not arrive this year. Apple has not revealed the official specs of iPad Air 2. IPad Air 2 may follow the same specs and features of its predecessor with slight improvements here and there.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery