2014 Volvo S80 Launched in India; Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | March 20, 2014 6:46 PM EST
Swedish luxury car-maker Volvo Auto India on Wednesday pulled the wraps off its new facelifted Volvo S80 at the terminal 3 of the New Delhi Airport, with price range starting at 41.35 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The brand new Volvo S80 Facelift comes in two powertrain options. The base variant D4 is powered by the 2.0-litre five cylinder diesel engine which can churn out a power of 163bhp at 3500rpm and a peak torque of 400Nm.The top-end variant of Volvo S80 Facelift D5 comes with 2.4L inline 5 cylinder engine with maximum output of 215PS and 440Nm torque. The engines come mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission and go from 0-100kmph in 7.8 seconds .The car can attain a top speed of 225kmph and offers a fuel efficiency of 12.5kmpl.The car will be brought to India as Completely Built-up Unit (CBUs).
On the exterior front, the upgraded 2014 Volvo S80 houses smaller grille, new bumper with redesigned fog lamps and headlights with LED daytime running lights. The interiors of the 2014 Volvo S80 comes with the dashboard with number of features and the drivers have the options of choosing the features they want displayed as default.
While the D4 variant is priced at 41.35 lakhs, the D5 variant comes with a price tag of 44.8 lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
Alongside, the Volvo also launched its first exclusive lounge at the Terminal 3 domestic departure, Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi.
"Terminal 3 IGI Airport is one of the largest aviation hubs in South Asia with a heavy influx of high profile fliers. Creating a Volvo lounge at such a strategic location is yet another step closer towards our existing and prospective customers," said Volvo Auto India MD Tomas Ernberg, adding that "We have focused on quality and attention to detail in order to give S80 a major boost and sharpen its competitiveness, as quoted by Financial Express.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29