2014 Volvo S80 Launched in India; Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | March 20, 2014 6:46 PM EST
Swedish luxury car-maker Volvo Auto India on Wednesday pulled the wraps off its new facelifted Volvo S80 at the terminal 3 of the New Delhi Airport, with price range starting at 41.35 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The brand new Volvo S80 Facelift comes in two powertrain options. The base variant D4 is powered by the 2.0-litre five cylinder diesel engine which can churn out a power of 163bhp at 3500rpm and a peak torque of 400Nm.The top-end variant of Volvo S80 Facelift D5 comes with 2.4L inline 5 cylinder engine with maximum output of 215PS and 440Nm torque. The engines come mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission and go from 0-100kmph in 7.8 seconds .The car can attain a top speed of 225kmph and offers a fuel efficiency of 12.5kmpl.The car will be brought to India as Completely Built-up Unit (CBUs).
On the exterior front, the upgraded 2014 Volvo S80 houses smaller grille, new bumper with redesigned fog lamps and headlights with LED daytime running lights. The interiors of the 2014 Volvo S80 comes with the dashboard with number of features and the drivers have the options of choosing the features they want displayed as default.
While the D4 variant is priced at 41.35 lakhs, the D5 variant comes with a price tag of 44.8 lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
Alongside, the Volvo also launched its first exclusive lounge at the Terminal 3 domestic departure, Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi.
"Terminal 3 IGI Airport is one of the largest aviation hubs in South Asia with a heavy influx of high profile fliers. Creating a Volvo lounge at such a strategic location is yet another step closer towards our existing and prospective customers," said Volvo Auto India MD Tomas Ernberg, adding that "We have focused on quality and attention to detail in order to give S80 a major boost and sharpen its competitiveness, as quoted by Financial Express.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How