2014 Volvo S80 Launched in India; Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | March 20, 2014 6:46 PM EST
Swedish luxury car-maker Volvo Auto India on Wednesday pulled the wraps off its new facelifted Volvo S80 at the terminal 3 of the New Delhi Airport, with price range starting at 41.35 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The brand new Volvo S80 Facelift comes in two powertrain options. The base variant D4 is powered by the 2.0-litre five cylinder diesel engine which can churn out a power of 163bhp at 3500rpm and a peak torque of 400Nm.The top-end variant of Volvo S80 Facelift D5 comes with 2.4L inline 5 cylinder engine with maximum output of 215PS and 440Nm torque. The engines come mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission and go from 0-100kmph in 7.8 seconds .The car can attain a top speed of 225kmph and offers a fuel efficiency of 12.5kmpl.The car will be brought to India as Completely Built-up Unit (CBUs).
On the exterior front, the upgraded 2014 Volvo S80 houses smaller grille, new bumper with redesigned fog lamps and headlights with LED daytime running lights. The interiors of the 2014 Volvo S80 comes with the dashboard with number of features and the drivers have the options of choosing the features they want displayed as default.
While the D4 variant is priced at 41.35 lakhs, the D5 variant comes with a price tag of 44.8 lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
Alongside, the Volvo also launched its first exclusive lounge at the Terminal 3 domestic departure, Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi.
"Terminal 3 IGI Airport is one of the largest aviation hubs in South Asia with a heavy influx of high profile fliers. Creating a Volvo lounge at such a strategic location is yet another step closer towards our existing and prospective customers," said Volvo Auto India MD Tomas Ernberg, adding that "We have focused on quality and attention to detail in order to give S80 a major boost and sharpen its competitiveness, as quoted by Financial Express.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate