2014 Volvo S80 Launched in India; Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | March 20, 2014 6:46 PM EST
Swedish luxury car-maker Volvo Auto India on Wednesday pulled the wraps off its new facelifted Volvo S80 at the terminal 3 of the New Delhi Airport, with price range starting at 41.35 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The brand new Volvo S80 Facelift comes in two powertrain options. The base variant D4 is powered by the 2.0-litre five cylinder diesel engine which can churn out a power of 163bhp at 3500rpm and a peak torque of 400Nm.The top-end variant of Volvo S80 Facelift D5 comes with 2.4L inline 5 cylinder engine with maximum output of 215PS and 440Nm torque. The engines come mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission and go from 0-100kmph in 7.8 seconds .The car can attain a top speed of 225kmph and offers a fuel efficiency of 12.5kmpl.The car will be brought to India as Completely Built-up Unit (CBUs).
On the exterior front, the upgraded 2014 Volvo S80 houses smaller grille, new bumper with redesigned fog lamps and headlights with LED daytime running lights. The interiors of the 2014 Volvo S80 comes with the dashboard with number of features and the drivers have the options of choosing the features they want displayed as default.
While the D4 variant is priced at 41.35 lakhs, the D5 variant comes with a price tag of 44.8 lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
Alongside, the Volvo also launched its first exclusive lounge at the Terminal 3 domestic departure, Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi.
"Terminal 3 IGI Airport is one of the largest aviation hubs in South Asia with a heavy influx of high profile fliers. Creating a Volvo lounge at such a strategic location is yet another step closer towards our existing and prospective customers," said Volvo Auto India MD Tomas Ernberg, adding that "We have focused on quality and attention to detail in order to give S80 a major boost and sharpen its competitiveness, as quoted by Financial Express.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation