2014 Volvo S80 Launched in India; Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | March 20, 2014 6:46 PM EST
Swedish luxury car-maker Volvo Auto India on Wednesday pulled the wraps off its new facelifted Volvo S80 at the terminal 3 of the New Delhi Airport, with price range starting at 41.35 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The brand new Volvo S80 Facelift comes in two powertrain options. The base variant D4 is powered by the 2.0-litre five cylinder diesel engine which can churn out a power of 163bhp at 3500rpm and a peak torque of 400Nm.The top-end variant of Volvo S80 Facelift D5 comes with 2.4L inline 5 cylinder engine with maximum output of 215PS and 440Nm torque. The engines come mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission and go from 0-100kmph in 7.8 seconds .The car can attain a top speed of 225kmph and offers a fuel efficiency of 12.5kmpl.The car will be brought to India as Completely Built-up Unit (CBUs).
On the exterior front, the upgraded 2014 Volvo S80 houses smaller grille, new bumper with redesigned fog lamps and headlights with LED daytime running lights. The interiors of the 2014 Volvo S80 comes with the dashboard with number of features and the drivers have the options of choosing the features they want displayed as default.
While the D4 variant is priced at 41.35 lakhs, the D5 variant comes with a price tag of 44.8 lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
Alongside, the Volvo also launched its first exclusive lounge at the Terminal 3 domestic departure, Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi.
"Terminal 3 IGI Airport is one of the largest aviation hubs in South Asia with a heavy influx of high profile fliers. Creating a Volvo lounge at such a strategic location is yet another step closer towards our existing and prospective customers," said Volvo Auto India MD Tomas Ernberg, adding that "We have focused on quality and attention to detail in order to give S80 a major boost and sharpen its competitiveness, as quoted by Financial Express.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date